This season's expectations....

Bull-by-Marriage

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

For once I'm going with an optimistic record for this season at 9-3 and a trip to the Papa Johns Bowl in B'Ham or a trip to the new Champs Bowl in Mouse Town.

I like where head is at. If we were somehow able to pull off 9-3 (I'm thinking more 8-4/7-5), then I don't think you'd see us slipping to B'Ham. We'd end up in Orlando, Charlotte, or Memphis.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

3-2 OOC (losses to Miami and UF) means we have to be 4-3 in conference just to get 7 wins.

I think that is very doable. If we get one of the first 2 Big East roadies (@WVU, @Cincy), then we should get to 4 Big East wins minimum.

I know you mentioned that we have never won at UL, but they may be worse than they were last year. Strong will have them going nicely in a couple of years.

• Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

I think the team should do very well this year. The offense should be stronger almost everywhere with the exception of the reciever Pos. but I expect passing game to remain same of even improve because of a matured BJ.   I think the dline will remain strong the loss of d.e.'s is obvious, but that is one position we have a lot of depth in.  A lot has been said about lack of d/t depth but should Mcclain stay healthy I think we should be good there I feel the other guys mcaskil grissom hill sager are underated though young and having Patrick who is a great coach devote his attn to them should be nice.  Lack of depth at linebacker is a little scary but theres always the possibility of moving a d.e. back there given an injury also the starting 3 are the real deal I'm going too say Jacquan is my underdog impact player though I havent seen much of him his size/speed is scary and Snyder is an excellent backer coach. The dbs are looking a little rough, but hopefuly Mitchell has put on size can come in and play like so many Florida dbs did a few years back.

I think the team shouldn't have the falloff we've seen in the past because I think Holtz seems to be running a tighter ship. It will be hard to judge though because the end of our schedule is rough.

As far as the Florida game I would venture to say this is probably the best year usf has had in a while to play them. Though usf is undergoing changes offensively and deffensively because of coaching. Florida will be undergoing major changes beacuae of personel. Most likley we will see a different offense under Brantley though its hard to say for sure and a rebuilt defense because of the ammount of players drafted.

I know no sports fans like to get their hopes too high, but barring the terrible defensive back play I think USF could make some big things happen this year and for the next few years to come.

• Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

I'd be content with 7-5 and a win against Rutgers. God I hate them!! I'd also glady take a loss to the Gayturds in trade for a 5-2 BE record.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I just want a team that becomes progressively better as the season continues!

+1

• Content Count:  17,078
  • Days Won:  19

Win

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

What have the coaches in our league thought about our talent level on this team? Can we find some qoutes? I fill that people outside the Bulls program think that we some talent that wasn't used properly. And people who supported the ex-coach felt he didn't have the talent. I'm I wrong? And national preception of Coach Skippy is that he built a strong program and won championships at ECU. He got a lot out of the talent he did have. Now what can he do with the talent he has here?

Archived