Still angry about it, but a perspective of where we are in the national scene

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Wait... there was a Providence hat for sale out there? How does that even happen? Is it used as some kind of gang insignia?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

mighta been. all I saw ws his handsign out the window s he passed me. (note: with only 53hp, everbody passes me,LOL)

• Content Count:  6,750
  • Days Won:  17

Very few Bulls supporters in Tennessee.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I have seen USF merch here and there down in Miami/Ft Laud...mostly UM/UF/FSU. Funny thing is is that I've seen more USF stuff here than I do FIU/FAU combined.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

i went to an Astros Rangers game in Arlington, TX and saw a guy with a USF lawn chair. that made my night, lol

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,916
  • Days Won:  494

Here's a shocking thought.  Perhaps this retailer has received requests to stock Rutgers and/or Providence stuff?  I know, it's a crazy notion.  Maybe if someone asks, they'll stock USF.  Or maybe it'll take two or three different people asking.

Nah, better to just grumble about the store and move on.

Here's a more shocking thought.  Hat Club doesn't carry South Florida online either. 

When asked, first around 2006, the answer from Hat Club was that they don't control store inventory. They get what they get to display.  Lids has recommended going online for Bulls product.

So DB, it's really not a case of just grumbling without any action whatsoever.  Having run an online store myself, I know a little about acquiring the product and what it takes to move it.  I don't think Hat Club really cares that I might buy three hats. 

It's not even grumbling, it's just wishful thinking that one day I'll walk in and see us in the Big East display.  I thought during 2007 we might get some product to stores outside of Florida, but alas, we sank and fast as we climbed.

• Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly you can't get upset considering how many D-1 Schools there are out there unless you say something and even then I don't know if it would even do anything unless there is a large alumni base out there.

I agree with you Cuban as we should ask and that could put a dent in it but to me it might be a little more than that. As living in the middle of no where and to me it is even though it does have a lot of arts/culture(to people up here at least but not so much to me) and a nice downtown there is no, I mean no care/thought/discussion about college football except for the BS Gophers, which I do root for in the Big Ten/12 as I hate that conference and everything about it.

What bothers me even more is all they care about is Hockey and OK yes I am practically in Canada but come on this school won a couple of Natty titles! Where is the pride?? No where to be found as I have searched this city from top to bottom and look like a mess every time!! If someone can enlighten me please do as I am clueless in this "Little Apple". But the women are exquisite(heads up they have no emotions here!No BS!!).

So my question would be where do most of our out of state'rs come from? If USF wanted to Market themselves they would look into this and try to build more of a recognition of OUR U! If we knew where the following/alumni lived then we could promote it as well. Just from what I noticed being in Tampa is that there are a lot of Midwest people that live there as well as Northeastern folk and would bet that those are the areas we should be concentrating on!

When I say who they should research I'm talking anyone that is accepted into the U since they could have been potential students and I would think a college bound student would know the schools they have applied too.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Worse than not being able to find a hat in AZ. Yesterday, I saw a guy wearing a Bulls shirt in Downtown Tampa. I said Go Bulls, he just looked at me. On the flip side, I was at WDW with a relative from Ohio, he saw a guy wearing an Ohio State shirt. Mark says "OH", "IO" is the reply. No other words spoken. Our flippin' students, and local alumns, need to support the New U more.

Archived