Fight songs

bullcocky101

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

I think we should steal "You'll Never Walk Alone!" from Liverpool, after all they stole it from a musical.

It was good enough for Pink Floyd!  It starts at 4:40.  Wow, I remember something from the year 1971!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Wow I guess Pink Floyd are fans of Liverpool they even left in the Liverpool chant at the end.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I may be wrong on this one, but I vaguely recall the school had hired Mike Post to come up with a fight song for the school. It would have been about 1983 or 1984.

Mike Post is the guy that wrote many TV theme songs in the '70s and '80s. Shows like the Rockford Files, Hill Street Blues, LA Law and NYPD Blue and others.

I don't remember if it was ever completed or not

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,914
  • Days Won:  494

USF actually has a traditions committee that has been working on stuff like this.

So long that working on it has become a tradition in itself. 

:)

• Content Count:  6,609
  • Days Won:  2

Well, since almost NO ONE at USF actually sings the fight song, I don't know if you've heard it.

Truthfully, the song itself is not as important as having 50,000+ singing the lyrics would be.

Come on, everyone sing it with me... "USF Bulls are we... We hold our standard up right and free..."

+1 

I sing the fight song at all of the games.

I see only one other person in our section singing and that is Mutt. 

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

I use to have it as my ringtone on the cellie

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I whistle the fight song, "The Bull", or the Alma Mater constantly and I sing the fight song and Alma Mater loudly at every event where it is played. The words to our fight song are no worse than "On On U of K", Kentucky's fight song, of which I am also an alum and know very well. I like our fight song.

"The Bull" is our tradition, our marker, our sound logo, and the annoyance to our rivals, just like Florida State's war chant is to theirs. I have a many friends who are UC and UofL fans and they hate watching their teams play at RayJay in person or on TV, because there is nothing like the scene when the camera is panning the stadium, the crowd is showing their horns, and "The Bull" is playing in the background.

I LOVE the BULL, problem is though unlike the War Chant. there isn't any "sound" after the band stops playing. Even UF has "Go Gators" EXTREMELY annoying. As it stands (sits) now, we don't have enough vocal fans.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

This is directed to the alums...do we have any older fight songs or chants that might have been buried in the past. The one that we have no one cares to learn because frankly...it sucks. Coming from a long line of family going to SEC and BIG 12 schools (Auburn, Texas A&M, Miss. st.), fight songs are what makes the game 1000 times more enjoyable and what builds school spirit.I know that we are a young program, but how can we get this at USF? MAybe a hate song against the other teams in Florida...seems to be popular at most schools.

Like all of the other Southern schools USF used to play Dixie way back in the day... that is the only one that has been buried so to speak.

• Content Count:  1,985

The Bull is fine.  I agree with most here the issue is the fans do not sing it.  The other issue there is that HOT and the announcers are out of sync.  They are always starting the song just as the announcer wants us to also chant "thats another Bulls..... First Down"... The end result is half the place calling out the first down, and nobody hearing the song, so they don't get into it until about "orida...."

Really, communicate HOW we are going to run these out.  The First down chat is actually catching on, mostly because it has been called out over the PA so often.  But, it was like the McDonald's "I'm lovin it" that was just catchiing when they pulled their sponsorship.

• Content Count:  1,251

it is so depressing to be the only student singing the fight song in the stands.....that is one very disappointing aspect of USF football, and USF sports in general......i really hope EVERYONE on this board knows the words to Alma mater and fight song and sings them every time they are played.....

on a side note I love "the Bull" and i think it is great just the way it is but adding a vocal chant could be very cool.....anybody got any ideas?

• Content Count:  1,985

I think we should steal "You'll Never Walk Alone!" from Liverpool, after all they stole it from a musical.

It was good enough for Pink Floyd!  It starts at 4:40.  Wow, I remember something from the year 1971!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Wow I guess Pink Floyd are fans of Liverpool they even left in the Liverpool chant at the end.

This could never happen at Ray Jay, everyone is too busy running out to get the last beer at the end of the third quarter. 

Archived