Who are the break out players this year on offense and defense?

dausfbulls11

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I would say williams and Barrington should have good years.

we have the best athletes, as a whole, than ever before. Still very young.

To say the previous coaching staff wasn't good teachers of the game is one of the most Naïve and uninformed statements I have seen here in a long time. I know Wally Burnham wasn't here last year, but most of the players' development was under his coaching. The guy has put more LBs into the NFL than just about any college coach. That includes Kawika, Nicholas and TMac. Ant Henry, Jenkins, Trae Williams was a 2 star running back when he got here. He became a 4 year starter and drafted.

On offense Canales did a good enough job to put Philip Rivers into the NFL. He ain't so bad.

One thing to keep in mind. This last class was the first recruiting class we had as members of a BCS conference. There was a big difference in the caliber of football player we started to get once we got to the BE and that talent level has continued to improve.

Sometimes the hate for all things Leavitt makes some people ignore facts.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Wally was and still is a great coach/teacher, but is he in the elite status of coaching?(No) Did he coach some Good players and get them drafted yes, but could they have done that on there own, probably. It's not like USF HAS EVER had a top notch NFL player and still has not proven that, but UCF a school we think is inferior to us has had a few(Brandon Marshall comes to mind besides Cullpepper). We have no one who has ever done anything in the NFL until Mike Jenkins. We have had flashes with Kawika and Andre but nothing more than that. Naive is knowing that you have the talent year in and year out but excepting a losing season in the BIG EAST! We are not talking about the SEC or even the ACC!

Do not even credit Canales with producing Phillip Rivers that is just absurd! He was going to be good no matter who was his QB coach.

For you to think I hate Leavitt is a JOKE I just said that we finally have the coaches that can teach our kids. I didn't know that was directed at Leavitt? We did a good job with the talent we were given but then again WE ARE IN FLORIDA, shouldn't we have talent no matter what because of the leftovers or transfers? The answer is yes!

Personally I do not think we have ever had any great TEACHERS of the game. Yeah motivators or managers and even coaching. But I have never seen so much talent get pushed through a school and not have more success. UCF has a DE that no one has ever heard of but he is a preseason all conference. So we had Selvie does that mean we are trying to stay on par with them? Since they have produced more in almost the same amount of time. And I'm considering 1996 with cullpepper which is around when we started.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Ofense: Marc or Landi at WR

Defense: Lattimore and Barrington. I expect the entire secondary to get smoked consistently in the beginning of the year. Way too much inexperience, but some great young talent. I would say by the end of the year, Jenkins and Mitchell will be full time starters along with Webster and Raymond. Baker and Dixon will impress in 5-6 DB sets.

Guest Scherdin

O-Landi...comes off as a kid ready to take the next step

D- Webster...looks to restore the CB dominance we've had the last 5+ years

• Content Count:  4,503

Wally was and still is a great coach/teacher, but is he in the elite status of coaching?(No) Did he coach some Good players and get them drafted yes, but could they have done that on there own, probably. It's not like USF HAS EVER had a top notch NFL player and still has not proven that, but UCF a school we think is inferior to us has had a few(Brandon Marshall comes to mind besides Cullpepper). We have no one who has ever done anything in the NFL until Mike Jenkins. We have had flashes with Kawika and Andre but nothing more than that. Naive is knowing that you have the talent year in and year out but excepting a losing season in the BIG EAST! We are not talking about the SEC or even the ACC!

Do not even credit Canales with producing Phillip Rivers that is just absurd! He was going to be good no matter who was his QB coach.

For you to think I hate Leavitt is a JOKE I just said that we finally have the coaches that can teach our kids. I didn't know that was directed at Leavitt? We did a good job with the talent we were given but then again WE ARE IN FLORIDA, shouldn't we have talent no matter what because of the leftovers or transfers? The answer is yes!

Personally I do not think we have ever had any great TEACHERS of the game. Yeah motivators or managers and even coaching. But I have never seen so much talent get pushed through a school and not have more success. UCF has a DE that no one has ever heard of but he is a preseason all conference. So we had Selvie does that mean we are trying to stay on par with them? Since they have produced more in almost the same amount of time. And I'm considering 1996 with cullpepper which is around when we started.

Where to begin - aww nevermind you just don't know your USF history but let me know when you find some great coaches that want to come to USF and take a 50% pay cut because for 10 years that was what we offered.

• Content Count:  4,503

On offense I will go with the OL.  I think you will see a marked improvement this year.

On defense i am going with Mcclain.  I think he will step it up in his quest to prove he has NFL potential.

• Content Count:  66,206
  • Days Won:  172

i expect big things from this new program

exciting

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

i expect big things from this new program

exciting

In 2 to 3 years  i don't expect much this year.  Way too many questions and unproven palyers.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  23,547
  • Days Won:  112

To the guy talking about UCF, Asante Samuels is arguably the best pro they have produced.  Marshall hasn't had the longevity yet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,338
  • Days Won:  439

Where to begin - aww nevermind you just don't know your USF history

LOL .... My favorite part was trying to compare a preseason all mid major conference to a two time All American.  :D

Archived