Rams inked both Selvie and Murphy today

USFMikeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,179
  • Days Won:  6

The "experts" who get paid don't always know either. Would Ryan Leaf  have been the #2 pick in the draft? How many times has an "expert" in the media said something about USF that was absolutely wrong and you KNOW they had only watched 5 mins of highlights.

I hope he has a long sucessful NFL career, but that doesnt take away the surprise being drafted that high.

haha good point

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,331
  • Days Won:  439

Edit:  btw, TripleB, a corner getting a lot of tackles is not a good thing for the defense.

I understand that completely .... and even worse for the defense when two of your top 3 tacklers are db's .... but this wasn't about the defense. My only point was that even though Murph was far from perfect, he made enough plays (tackles, picks, broken up passes, forced fumbles) that labeling his season 'terrible' was just wrong, IMO ...  fini.

Edit:  btw, TripleB, a corner getting a lot of tackles is not a good thing for the defense.

I understand that completely .... and even worse for the defense when two of your top 3 tacklers are db's .... but this wasn't about the defense. My only point was that even though Murph was far from perfect, he made enough plays (tackles, picks, broken up passes, forced fumbles) that labeling his season 'terrible' was just wrong, IMO ...  fini.

He had a bad season... He didn't live up to his expectations. He was burnt in crucial times and was pathetic in man coverage. He had a lot of tackles because his man was always catching balls haha. Also you could assume he had a bunch of passes defended because QBs were going after him most.

I'd prefer a corner with less tackles, less batted balls, and predominantly off the stat sheet. I can confidently say you are the only USF fan who really believes that Jerome Murphy bad a positive senior season.

• Content Count:  7,096
  • Days Won:  11

He had a bad season... He didn't live up to his expectations. He was burnt in crucial times and was pathetic in man coverage. He had a lot of tackles because his man was always catching balls haha. Also you could assume he had a bunch of passes defended because QBs were going after him most.

I'd prefer a corner with less tackles, less batted balls, and predominantly off the stat sheet. I can confidently say you are the only USF fan who really believes that Jerome Murphy bad a positive senior season.

I wish him well, but the cincy game was the perfect example

"Murphy, who led the Bulls with eight tackles and four passes broken up, was beaten on Cincinnati's first touchdown, and he dropped two potential interceptions. Most disappointing might have been two penalties."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-key-cornerback-jerome-murphy-struggles-in-loss-to-no-8/1044722

I can confidently say you are the only USF fan who really believes that Jerome Murphy bad a positive senior season.

No, you can confidently say I am the only USF fan who really believes that Jerome Murphy didn't have a terrible senior season. If you're going to uniquely categorize me, at least be accurate for once.  8-)

"Murphy, who led the Bulls with eight tackles and four passes broken up, was beaten on Cincinnati's first touchdown, and he dropped two potential interceptions. Most disappointing might have been two penalties."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-key-cornerback-jerome-murphy-struggles-in-loss-to-no-8/1044722

That certainly appears to be a bad game .... but maybe those 8 tackles and 4 passes broken up also kept the game within 3 scores and gave us a fighting chance after he put us in a hole ... so many factors in trying to put labels on things.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

That certainly appears to be a bad game .... but maybe those 8 tackles and 4 passes broken up also kept the game within 3 scores and gave us a fighting chance after he put us in a hole ... so many factors in trying to put labels on things.

hah, yeah, ok.  I think that game is a microcosm of his season.  Most fans were disappointed in his season because he's so athletic.  I hope he does well in the pros.

this is hilarious.... he had a terrible season. His expectations were so much higher than his production.

its not only this topic.... take your green and gold goggles off for once...

here is an article you were looking for :D

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/11/usf-coaches-to-stick-with-murphy-at-corner.html

here is another article about a true freshman corner possibly stepping in for our 'not terrible' senior CB

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/10/leavitt-lineup-changes-may-come-on-defense.html

""We've been disappointed with a few guys. I'm not going to point them all out," coach Jim Leavitt said after Saturday's 41-14 loss. "The last few weeks (they've) been playing poorly. We just can't keep going like that. We've got to find some people that can do what we coach them to do, and live with it."

That could start with true freshman Kayvon Webster taking over at cornerback for senior Jerome Murphy, who has been beaten badly on deep passes the past two games. Sophomore Jerrell Young, who had six tackles Saturday in his first significant action since breaking his arm in the season opener, could step back in as a starter in place of junior walk-on Mistral Raymond."

great

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/10/flags-just-part-of-cb-murphys-long-night.html

it seems like very single game recap i look at... he is in it... not for good things either...

???

Archived