Why are we hating on UCF in Big East?

USFbulls0208

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

The BE is a weak conference. (not said by me, but by many of fans that think the same way you do) NEXT!!

It is? Just because it is small in the number of teams playing doesn't make it weak. You can easily make a case that the Big East has been better than the ACC since 2005. The Big East also has one of the best OOC game records of all the BCS leagues.

Can you flippin' read? Let me type it again.

(not said by me, but by many of fans that think the same way you do)

You're bringing in WEAK teams into already none nationally as a WEAK conference. Memphis ***** big time in football. And ucf can't beat a BCS team, or win a bowl to save it's life. I was all for bringing in B12 leftovers. That would have save the BE. I hope that the other conferences expand.

As being WEAK, that is the national perception about the Big East. And they have been fighting that since the last realignment. There's no doubt that the Big East has been better then the ACC. But the national media and the dollar signs tells us that they are not as strong. My point is that the reason for expansion, was to get stronger as a conference. Not weaken it. Utah, CU, Nebraska brings something to the table. FSU would bring something to the SEC. Ucf would bring nothing but potential and a boat load of moral victories. And that don't pay the bills.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Don't worry.  Marriage has a life sized Fat Head of Jimbo Fisher on his ceiling. He's only a clost Bulls fan. :D

Yeah pretty much, but he's admitted that he's 1/2 nole 1/2 bull in threads before so I can't hate on him for it.  I would say he's just as passionate about both teams though from what i see from him on here. 

Dude, had you said a Life sized fat head of Bobby on my ceiling you would've had a better chance of being right. :)

Thanks Dozer. I would say more like 90% Bulls, 10% Noles, and leaning more and more to USF.

To all:  I want us and them to win, but when push came to shove, I had my green and gold on. Which actually cost me a few friends. My money and my allegiance go to USF. Plus, ask anyone on here that has ever sat near me, and they will tell you that you'd be hard pressed to find someone who roots (especially for the Defense) more than I do.

EDITED 1:14...Being as Coach Holtz worked at FSU, and his wife is an FSU graduate. Being fond of FSU sin't such a bad thing. :)

• Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

I think most of us are saying the same thing.  They have the potential to hurt our recruiting and adding them would do nothing to improve the reputation of the conference.

With that said, I think people need to remember how fortunate we are to be here.  In the grand scheme of things we haven't been in the Big East very long and we aren't even competing consistently at the top of the conference.  There's nothing wrong with holding out hope for a chance to end up somewhere like the ACC or SEC if things get shuffled, but the Big East is our home right now and so far it has been really good to us.

• Content Count:  24

I think most of us are saying the same thing.  They have the potential to hurt our recruiting and adding them would do nothing to improve the reputation of the conference.

With that said, I think people need to remember how fortunate we are to be here.  In the grand scheme of things we haven't been in the Big East very long and we aren't even competing consistently at the top of the conference.  There's nothing wrong with holding out hope for a chance to end up somewhere like the ACC or SEC if things get shuffled, but the Big East is our home right now and so far it has been really good to us.

Not to mention you guys got a pass into a BCS conference without really 'earning' it, with similar claims to what your fellow Bulls fans are saying now about us.  Feel lucky that you have had this opportunity.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

the Big East is our home right now and so far it has been really good to us.

Would you bring someone in your home thats not house trained? We know how they are when they come to Ray Jay. And let's not forget when they came on our campus and sat on our Bull.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Only thing is that the majority of WV fans don't see us as a rival...

I would agree and it's the same way a majority of USF fans view UCF.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Not to mention you guys got a pass into a BCS conference without really 'earning' it, with similar claims to what your fellow Bulls fans are saying now about us.  Feel lucky that you have had this opportunity.

We had done more to that point than UCF had in 30 years. Now run along.

• Content Count:  771

the Big East is our home right now and so far it has been really good to us.

Would you bring someone in your home thats not house trained? We know how they are when they come to Ray Jay. And let's not forget when they came on our campus and sat on our Bull.

I think the BE is a great situation for us, especially if we can strengthen the league and increase revenue.  That being said we are not in a great situation as a league to strengthen it by adding teams.  Nobody is coming from the ACC to join the BE.  We would have to add ucif or memphis if the Big East was to expand.  TCU would be a positive addition, but the northeast schools probably would not be for that, including the basketball schools.  If the BE can Stabalize itself I would think we would be in a great situation.  If the ACC came knocking though I would bolt in a second.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,772
  • Days Won:  21

Don't worry.  Marriage has a life sized Fat Head of Jimbo Fisher on his ceiling. He's only a clost Bulls fan. :D

Yeah pretty much, but he's admitted that he's 1/2 nole 1/2 bull in threads before so I can't hate on him for it.  I would say he's just as passionate about both teams though from what i see from him on here. 

Dude, had you said a Life sized fat head of Bobby on my ceiling you would've had a better chance of being right. :)

Thanks Dozer. I would say more like 90% Bulls, 10% Noles, and leaning more and more to USF.

To all:  I want us and them to win, but when push came to shove, I had my green and gold on. Which actually cost me a few friends. My money and my allegiance go to USF. Plus, ask anyone on here that has ever sat near me, and they will tell you that you'd be hard pressed to find someone who roots (especially for the Defense) more than I do.

EDITED 1:14...Being as Coach Holtz worked at FSU, and his wife is an FSU graduate. Being fond of FSU sin't such a bad thing. :)

Nothing wrong with rootin' for the Noles (I'm a USF/FSU alumnus and still pull for them) as long as your heart and mind back the real good guys when the time is right, like at donation renewal time or last Sept. 26th, for instance.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  7,658
  • Days Won:  14

"Why are we hating on UCF in Big East?"

weakness. step backwards. regression. whatever other synonym you can think of.

dilution.

big ten just added nebraska

pac 10 added utah and colorado.

those conferences have some courage and vision for strenght.

big east adding ucf is no addition its a subtraction. its a lack of vision. its a lack of courage or strength.

i dont know about you but i want to be a part of a strong conference.

Archived