Why are we hating on UCF in Big East?

USFbulls0208

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I could give a **** about ucf joining or not joining. It's not up to me, or anyone on this board. Bottom line is, IMO some of you sound klike whiny little kids "if you let Timmy play, I'm taking my ball and going home". Think about it.

You need to read your own post when talking about people whining.

How am I whining? Because I make legitimate arguments against ones based on passion? Because I've hit a nerve, about my comment about "you" being whiny? Because the "if you let Timmy play, I'm taking my ball and going home" actually happened to you? Again, I ask how am I whining?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The BE was 1 second away from getting a team have the living **** be out of them in the BCS title game.

I am sure Georgia and Oklahoma were saying the same thing prior to their BCS games with Big East opponents.

You don't know that WVU would have lost to Ohio State, let alone getting creamed. That WVU team would have matched up well against Ohio State and they would have put some points on the board spreading out their D.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

UCF brings nothing to the table for the BE.  UCF needs the BE more than the BE needs UCF.  On the field we are currently the better team and have better coaches so there is no fear there.  As for all the facilities talk we win recruits over against teams with better facilities than us who are in better conferences so the "they will pass us by because of all their shiney new facilities" argument is pretty overrated.  Could it develop into a rivalry years down the road? Maybe but with the way things are going between us and WVU that seems to already be on the way to a rivalry as both of us have beaten each other in big games that were pivotal to our seasons. 

• Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

Don't worry.  Marriage has a life sized Fat Head of Jimbo Fisher on his ceiling. He's only a clost Bulls fan. :D

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Don't worry.  Marriage has a life sized Fat Head of Jimbo Fisher on his ceiling. He's only a clost Bulls fan. :D

Yeah pretty much, but he's admitted that he's 1/2 nole 1/2 bull in threads before so I can't hate on him for it.  I would say he's just as passionate about both teams though from what i see from him on here. 

• Content Count:  86
  • Days Won:  0

C'mon now....why are we be 'hating' on UCF to the Big East

How about it does nothing to aid our football program. Is that grounds enough? Or do we owe some duty to UCF since we are only 50 miles away.

UCF will do nothing to elevate the respect of our conference and only hut our recruiting.

Dont get me wrong. UCF is a good school. In alot of ways USF and UCF are alot alike. But they do nothing for our football program. The Big East is sinking fast. We need to get out. But Texas ended that dream for the near future.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I would say West Virginia is our major rival

Only thing is that the majority of WV fans don't see us as a rival...

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Alot of you guys are saying that we are bringing in weak teams. But think about it, would a good team want to move to arguably the weakest BCS conference? Would they want to move to a conference where the TV revenue is the lowest among BCS conferences?

IMO, I think the only teams that would come are the subpar ones who are looking to advance their programs by being in a BCS conference. A strong team isn't going to want to move to a weaker conference

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If UCF gets in to the BE, so be it.  The sun will come up tomorrow, and it will be a good conf game.

That said, I am against adding UCF to the BE for the following reasons

1) USF would PERMANENTLY have their cart hitched to UCF.  Think about that for a moment.  Do you really want to forever have your cart hitched to UCF?  Or would you rather try to continue to develop the series with UM and FSU.

2)  I want USF to rise to the top on their own merits, win BCS bowls and NC's without giving a helping hand to another school nearby.  There is no reason to help UCF.  It's bad for business.  It's good for business to keep UCF down.  Do you see WVU giving a helping hand to Marshall.  How about Texas giving a helping hand to Houston and SMU.  Do you think Miami or FSU would give us a helping hand into the ACC (unless one of them left to the SEC).  It would be different if USF was already a national power, but we are not there yet.

3)  It will hinder recruiting.  No, it won't kill recruiting, but it will put up another obstacle in the way.  The goal is to try to clear as many obstacles as possible, not add them.

Think about it.  Let's say you own a business that makes widgets.  You are the only widget maker in town (only BCS team in the central FL region).  You control all the area.  Sell all the widgets (sell all the recruits on a BCS team in the area).  And you make all the profits.  Now, a competitor from another area wants to bring in a widget making store, and wants to plant his store across the street from your store.  He will cut your profits in half.  Do you welcome him with open arms, or do you try to run him out of business.  Again, he WILL cut into your profits - there is no debate on that.  You would do everything in your power to try to make sure he was not succesful.

Again, if UCF gets in to the BE, so be it.  But I would be hugely disappointed if USF did not try to block any move to bring them in to the BE.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

UCF sucks and doesn't deserve to be in a BCS conference.  End of story.

Archived