Why are we hating on UCF in Big East?

USFbulls0208

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,896
  • Days Won:  3

I would say West Virginia is our major rival

This is the truth. In fact, I'd say it's one of the bigger rivalries of the Big East.

Go lookup some articles you'll find a lot of mentions of Pitt vs. WVU and USF vs. WVU as the major rivalries.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

By the way, I thought ucf was waiting on a call from the SEC? I thought the BE was not good for them.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

By the way, I thought ucf was waiting on a call from the SEC? I thought the BE was not good for them.

I think you mean FAU with that one

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Some people say that UCF coming would hurt recruiting. This might be true, but only to a certain extent. If you were a recruit, which situation would you choose:

1) A team with pretty much no significant football history, playing at a relatively small stadium with mediocre to ok facilities who is just starting out in a major conference, and will probably be in the bottom half for a while

2) A team with a short, but successful past, who plays in one of, if not the best pro stadium in the country, a team that is consistently ranked in the top 25, a team with a beautiful athletics facility, and a team who has experience playing on a national stage.

I think most recruits would pick #2.

UCF doesn't have 'mediocre to ok facilities', they have good facilities and an athletic village complex actually better than USF and probably several other Big East schools. The Basketball Arena is State of the Art. UCF has the only indoor football field facility in the State of Florida. The Football Stadium is getting expanded to 56K, the timetable depends on several things(what conference UCF is in). Also if I'm a recruit I find it intriguing to play my home games On Campus then after the game I can walk 100 ft to get treatment next door then walk another 100 ft to my dorm/condo tower. NFL stadiums are nice but don't think college kids care if they are playing in front of red seat backs or bleachers. I don't think the NFL stadium is as big of a tool as it's made out to be.

• Content Count:  771

i'm sure the commish already talked to pitt and wvu and all the other programs about it.  They won't invite them if they are going to get turned down.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Guys let me get this straight we (USF fans) don't want ucf in BE because it will weaken our already weak conference. So, in 2004/2005 when Miami, VT, and BC left the BE wasn't weakened when we, UC, and UL were added? Yes, UC and UL have had successful BB programs, they are hardly known as football schools. We all came from CUSA. Sorry, I still see the irony in the fact that uf, FSU, and UM should play us, but we shouldn't play ucf?? It has been said that they aren't in a BCS conference. So, before we got into the BE no one here thought that The Big 3 shouldn't play us. As for unruly fans, I'll tread on sacred ground here, don't sell beer at that game. Anyone on here that knows me, knows I love to occasionally tilt a "few" back every now and again. But I can go a game with just drinking while tailgating.

Don't get me wrong, but wasn't Louisville already successful?  They were ranked number 10 in the nation before playing a big east game.

EDIT:  Ya, I just looked up there prior schedules, and they were a very successful football program. They went 27-11 in there three years before coming to the big east.

You guys are right, UL was a great football program (playing in what conference)? What wasn't addressed by anyone is the feeling that the Big 3 owed us a game. Is our recruiting is so weak that we can't contend with someone in Orlando. Sorry, I still haven't seen a legitimate excuse fit he hypocrisy about the Big 3 and us and us and usf.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You guys are right, UL was a great football program (playing in what conference)?

They have won a Big East Championship. Next!!

• Content Count:  143

Hearing some of you actually flounder in your stance about the addition of UCF is amazing...for many reasons.

#1.  In strictly a business move, hiring a competitor, especially a weaker one who can only move up, when you are still trying to prove yourself as a program is grounds for failing.  We are not UF or FSU, already proven programs with decades of success behind us.  We weaken ourselves and our recruiting base and strengthen theirs.  That is foolish.

#2.  Recruiting.  We already basically recruit the same area.  Florida and now Georgia.  The pecking order is UF, UM, FSU, USF, UCF, FAU and FIU.  Much of that reason is based on who we have to coach our kids but mostly about who the coaches can sign.  We just beat FSU and Leavitt and Co. again let the momentum of that win simply blow away like the wind.  It is arguable that USF is BETTER than FSU RIGHT NOW, no matter what Rivals or Scout says about the strength or our recruiting classes.  It weaken our recruiting.

#3.  Rivalries.  Arizona vs. Arizona St.  Do you care?  And that rivalry, if you want to call it a rivalry, is ten times more of one than USF vs. UCF.   How about UNLV vs. Nevada?  USF vs. UCF IS UNLV vs. Nevada.  You really want to see that every year?  Leavitt was wise dropping that game on a year to year basis.  And who says UCF has to be in our conference to make it a rivalry?  You Pro UCiFer's, by fault, have made a major mistake.  YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE TO BE IN THE SAME CONFERENCE TO BE A RIVAL.  Ever heard of ND vs. Michigan.  ND vs. USC.  UF is in the SEC.  FSU used to be the only Florida team in the ACC AND was also an independent.  UM was in the BE before it moved to the ACC.    A rival is a rival no matter how you spin it.  

• Content Count:  4,503

Ironic - maybe - but the fact of the matter is bring in any new team to the BE that doesn't have a strong football history will hurt it even more at least in the short run.  The BE took a hit when Miami,BC etc left and Ul,USF etc came in.  To save the BE you take the best you can and hope for the best.  You all know by now I want out of the BE and into the Big-12.  Never say never

• Content Count:  771

The BE is going to need UCF to step it up this year against their weak schedule.  1 loss at the most maybe 2.

Archived