Big10 Rejects Mizzou's bid...

Cow Pie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

When has the B10 ever said they wanted Cuse, UConn, etc.  Only place I heard that was from a bunch of arm chair journalists and bloggers.  Big 10 is done expanding, probably for good.  With the Pac stopping at 12, and everyone else at 12 at most, the B10 will be in NO hurry to go past 12 if ever.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

LMAO at Butgers fans who were certain they were getting the invite and destined for greatness..........

When has the B10 ever said they wanted Cuse, UConn, etc.  Only place I heard that was from a bunch of arm chair journalists and bloggers.  Big 10 is done expanding, probably for good.  With the Pac stopping at 12, and everyone else at 12 at most, the B10 will be in NO hurry to go past 12 if ever.

Well, you have to understand how this kind of stuff works.  Official sources always say NOTHING.  They haven't even OFFICIALLY said they want Notre Dame!

So you get off-the-record stuff fed to different reporters... some from people in the know, some from others promoting their own agenda.  Reporters also attempt to confirm the schools being talked to... almost always, again, off the record or using "anonymous" sources.

The Big Ten said a couple of things, however:

1 - They want to explore expanding based on expanding their footprint.

2 - They only moved on Nebraska because of the timing with the Big 12... ironically, the Big 12 is staying together so they didn't even have to invite Nebraska!

So, they want to explore expanding and didn't necessarily want to add Nebraska yet.

That is a no brainer that they are still looking at other teams... and those other teams are being leaked to reporters off the record.

Most people talking off the record have discussed Notre Dame (of course) as well as Syracuse, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, and occasionally U Conn and Maryland.  Which is why you see those names still being discussed.

• Content Count:  8,179
  • Days Won:  6

lol... mizzou was nothing more than a pawn in this whole deal...

now they are left in the big texas conference

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

lol... mizzou was nothing more than a pawn in this whole deal...

now they are left in the big texas conference

Which looks like it will be in fine shape. Not like they are screwed. They are playing in an elite BCS conference.

• Content Count:  771

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5283314

I knew that Mizzou would not be welcomed into the Big10... this means that the Big10 is targeting the Big East as I type this.

This puppy is far from over.

Mizzou never bid on being accepted into the Big 10.

That's not how it works, but Mizzou is in a much better situation now with only 10 schools, everyone playing everyone each year and no championship game.  TV revenues will be up and only split 10 ways instead of 12 and each school can form their own local netork.

it's just like being split up 12 ways because texas, aTm, OU take more of a share than the rest of the teams.

• Content Count:  12,718
  • Days Won:  25

If Texas is allowed to set up their own tv deal, I wonder how much the not-so-big 9 will get out of a tv contract?

• Content Count:  1,757

If Texas is allowed to set up their own tv deal, I wonder how much the not-so-big 9 will get out of a tv contract?

Enough to keep them from joining the Pac 10

No, no, no.  Texas gets the CONFERENCE deal ... AND ... they can start their own cable network.  What will happen is Fox Sports will select games it wants to broadcast... those Fox Sports does not select, Texas can show on their own cable network.

In fact, you could see Kansas and K State start their own combined Kansas College Sports channel... Missouri could get cash from syndication deals across the state... etc.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Well, you have to understand how this kind of stuff works.  Official sources always say NOTHING.  They haven't even OFFICIALLY said they want Notre Dame!

So you get off-the-record stuff fed to different reporters... some from people in the know, some from others promoting their own agenda.  Reporters also attempt to confirm the schools being talked to... almost always, again, off the record or using "anonymous" sources.

The Big Ten said a couple of things, however:

1 - They want to explore expanding based on expanding their footprint.

2 - They only moved on Nebraska because of the timing with the Big 12... ironically, the Big 12 is staying together so they didn't even have to invite Nebraska!

So, they want to explore expanding and didn't necessarily want to add Nebraska yet.

That is a no brainer that they are still looking at other teams... and those other teams are being leaked to reporters off the record.

Most people talking off the record have discussed Notre Dame (of course) as well as Syracuse, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, and occasionally U Conn and Maryland.  Which is why you see those names still being discussed.

I agree Jim... and will raise you that the Big10 will expand past 12 if they can some how get ND into the conference. For example if they raid the BEast and destabilize it then ND will need to jump ship in order to have a place for their other sports to play.

This has been hinted at on ESPN for weeks... raid / gut BEast forces ND to abandon ship.

In addition to getting ND the Big10 wants the NY market thus if you look at a map and connect the dots by adding UConn, Rutgers, and Cuse this brings in a NY "triangle" TV market.

A lot of people that work in NYC live in Conn (Uconn) or New Jersey (Rutgers)... Cuse is upstate NY thus the entire market.

Again this is all from ESPN Radio and TV coverage for the past 3 months... this thing is far from over... right now its a Mexican standoff between the Big10 and ND.

Archived