Bulls in SEC?

Cow Pie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

Not going to happen.  SEC isn't going to add anyone from Fla, or Ga.  Already own both states.  One of the Va schools,  Maryland,  or one of the NC schools make much more sense to go with A&M.  If they did grab a BE school it likely would be WV.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is a rumor now that if A&M goes to SEC, OU, and Ok State will go too.

this seems to be worse for us.  If SEC goes west, there will be less open spots in ACC if they expand and are not heavily raided

It would appear your rumor source is a bit out of date -- unless you have a link to share.

From Billy Liucci on Twitter:

@Jonathan_Reyes  think OU is a remote longshot at this point to end up anywhere but Pac-10

about 11 hours ago  via web  in reply to Jonathan_Reyes

@Jonathan_Reyes think OU is a remote longshot at this point to end up anywhere but Pac-10

— Billy Liucci (@billyliucci)

June 14, 2010

(Jonathan_Reyes asked:  @billyliucci  As far as the Big "12" is concerned, if any team goes to the SEC, will it only be TAMU or is OU still a possibilty too? Thanks)

• Content Count:  4,738

Not going to happen.  SEC isn't going to add anyone from Fla, or Ga.  Already own both states.  One of the Va schools,  Maryland,  or one of the NC schools make much more sense to go with A&M.  If they did grab a BE school it likely would be WV.

you arent well read on the subject.  I believe there are sources that say SEC would consider teams in the southeast to "own the region"

my question is, Does Doug or Judy pick up the phone, right now, and call Slive?  I would.  Just tell him if they were looking in FLA that USF would be an interested party.  Thank you for taking the call and hang up.  99% chance it doesnt amount to anything but the call should be made.  Same with the ACC.

They will likely add Florida State - not because of market share, but because of the additional prestige.

People seem to think this is ONLY about money and markets.  Guess what folks, there ARE other things to consider in this process. 

Florida State doesn't bring any LOCAL markets, but they bring NATIONAL eyeballs to bigger games.  Florida State - Alabama?  FSU - LSU ?  Those could be game on prime time for CBS.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Jim, by that same token, you could say the same thing for Miami as well.

Jim, by that same token, you could say the same thing for Miami as well.

Yes, which is why a lot of media reports have included Miami in their prognostications.  Others here have point out whether Miami "fits" or not... but they would certainly bring a national following, which is a big reason why the SEC would consider bringing in the Hurricanes.

There are only a handful of truly "national" programs: USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Notre Dame, Florida, Florida State, Miami, maybe Alabama, maybe LSU, maybe Nebraska... teams with fans - or more likely haters - across the country that will tune in to watch their games against decent teams.  Most people across the country won't watch Texas-Iowa State or Florida-Kentucky or Michigan-Minnesota.  But they will watch the USC-UCLA or Florida State-Virginia Tech or Ohio State-Wisconsin games.

Florida State and Miami are two of those programs... and for that reason alone, the SEC would be willing to add them.

there is a rumor now that if A&M goes to SEC, OU, and Ok State will go too.

this seems to be worse for us.  If SEC goes west, there will be less open spots in ACC if they expand and are not heavily raided

It would appear your rumor source is a bit out of date -- unless you have a link to share.

From Billy Liucci on Twitter:

@Jonathan_Reyes  think OU is a remote longshot at this point to end up anywhere but Pac-10

about 11 hours ago  via web  in reply to Jonathan_Reyes

@Jonathan_Reyes think OU is a remote longshot at this point to end up anywhere but Pac-10

— Billy Liucci (@billyliucci)

June 14, 2010

(Jonathan_Reyes asked:  @billyliucci  As far as the Big "12" is concerned, if any team goes to the SEC, will it only be TAMU or is OU still a possibilty too? Thanks)

ChipBrownOB

Orangebloods.com: According to sources, Texas will announce as early as today that UT will commit to a 10-member Big 12. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

not a rebuttal...

not really reliable.  just chatter and conspiracy theories.  hard to keep up with this thing

#  thatsean

That would leave a mark on #Texas but I don't see it. @sportstalkmatt @ChipBrownOB @kbohls OK, OKie State and A&M to SEC plus one more? about 16 hours ago via TweetDeck

* Retweet

# Matt Perrault sportstalkmatt

Anyone else agree - the SEC has been WAY too quiet? OK, OKie State and A&M to SEC plus one more?? @ChipBrownOB @thatsean @kbohls

• Content Count:  99

I'm sorry, but if anyone actually believes there is more than a 0% chance that USF gets invited to the SEC then you are crazy.

I'm sorry, but if anyone actually believes there is more than a 0% chance that USF gets invited to the SEC then you are crazy.

yea its not happening...but you still make the call.

Archived