USF to turn over investigators' notes in Leavitt lawsuit

2000bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,538
  • Days Won:  24

I don't know how often she sends email, but President Genshaft most definitely has an email account and receives official email on it, at least some of which she reads. I'm sure that, like most professionals these days, she's careful about what she says on email. I'm no where near at that level, but I'm careful of email.

Of course she receieves email on it.  Her Administrative Assistant reads through the email and prints out that ones Genshaft should read and hands them to her.  The Assistant then replies if necessary. 

I'm quite sure that she would not send a reply to anything remotely connected to the lawsuit, other than to say that she is unable to comment on pending litigation.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,338
  • Days Won:  439

I don't know how often she sends email, but President Genshaft most definitely has an email account and receives official email on it, at least some of which she reads. I'm sure that, like most professionals these days, she's careful about what she says on email. I'm no where near at that level, but I'm careful of email.

Of course she receieves email on it.

That's not what USF's lawyer says:

McCrea said no such correspondence exists because university president Judy Genshaft and athletic director Doug Woolard do not use e-mail.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jun/09/091256/sp-leavitt-back-in-court-today/sports-colleges-bulls/

McCrea said no such correspondence exists because university president Judy Genshaft and athletic director Doug Woolard do not use e-mail.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jun/09/091256/sp-leavitt-back-in-court-today/sports-colleges-bulls/

Semantics.  There is an official email address for the university president.  She does not log in and receive the email.  It is largely a publicity account, as are most such accounts for presidents of large organizations. 

There would not be correspondence back and forth between Genshaft and anyone, because that is not what the email account is used for.  The account is really for the Office of the President.

Do you think that Obama reads and replies to emails sent to president@whitehouse.gov?

• Content Count:  7,096
  • Days Won:  11

Semantics.  There is an official email address for the university president.  She does not log in and receive the email.  It is largely a publicity account, as are most such accounts for presidents of large organizations. 

There would not be correspondence back and forth between Genshaft and anyone, because that is not what the email account is used for.  The account is really for the Office of the President.

Do you think that Obama reads and replies to emails sent to president@whitehouse.gov?

he doesnt?!?!  :D

This may shock you, also.  Santa really doesn't respond to all those letters.  ;)

Then what you said up there about the assistant reading them to her and her having the assistant reply is erroneous, unless the assistant uses her/his own account to reply with, and even then the statement she doesn't use email is iffy.... Either way, if this is a jury trial, those "semantics" are going to stink to high heaven if Florin plays his cards right.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If there were actually emails to/from Genshaft, Woolard, anyone involved in the investigation that would show a level of naivete that would be stunning.

As for an assistant responding for Genshaft, I would love to depose her on a stack of emails and see which ones she admitted to personally reading/sending.

Then what you said up there about the assistant reading them to her and her having the assistant reply is erroneous, unless the assistant uses her/his own account to reply with, and even then the statement she doesn't use email is iffy.... Either way, if this is a jury trial, those "semantics" are going to stink to high heaven if Florin plays his cards right.

It is completely irrelevant, as long as Genshaft did not in any way discuss this case via email.  That is what is important.  That is why Genshaft does not have email.  And I'd bet large dollar that USF attorneys' reminded everyone not to discuss the case or the football team via email about the investigation.

Play word games all you want, but USF attorneys' are not as stupid as you portray them.

• Content Count:  8,179
  • Days Won:  6

so true.

It is completely irrelevant, as long as Genshaft did not in any way discuss this case via email.  That is what is important.

If the lawyer states that they don't use email but actually do? ... Seems pretty relevant to me in a case where both sides will be trying to tear down the credibility of the other.

That is why Genshaft does not have email.

If she indeed does not have email, then this back and forth has been unnecessary ... I was just playing off the scenario put forth where assistants were screening emails, rather than not having them at all.

Play word games all you want, but USF attorneys' are not as stupid as you portray them.

Not playing word games or trying to portray the lawyers as stupid. All I'm saying is that if Genshaft and/or Woolard DO use email after their attorney said they don't, that's not going to play well, IMO.

Archived