USF to turn over investigators' notes in Leavitt lawsuit

2000bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

"[Judge] Silver deferred any ruling on whether the documents are public record." Hmmm. Guess that issues isn't as cut as dried as everyone thought.

He avoided dealing with the issue because he did not have to, or he considered it a red herring.  In litigation the only protection is if the documents were attorney-client privileged or attorney work product.  Being immune from a public records request does not prevent it from being produced in discovery.

You don't think he is also having his clerks research it to see if they should be released to the public? If not I am sure someone will just file a FOIA petition after the trial is over. You can get redacted FOIA documents if the document falls under the rule but certain information does not.

FOIA is federal not state so is inapplicable here.  Circuit court judges have more than enough on their dockets without having to do anything more than cursory research on stuff.  They expect the lawyers to raise all applicable arguments, statutes or cases.  To the extent they even have clerks they may be shared with multiple judges so there are time constraints.  This is the trial court not the appellate courts where judges have clerks dedicated to them.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,179
  • Days Won:  6

sanjay r u a lawyer?

seems like u know a lot about this stuff

Here's what I don't understand about you. So you have no ties to USF but you're a friend of Leavitt's or something and feel very strongly that he has been wronged, I think everyone can relate to that position - we've all either had friends get screwed in some way or been ****** over ourselves, it happens. But why are you posting here about it? Even if you manage to succeed in convincing every person on this message board that Leavitt is a victim in this, what have you achieved? Is it going to get Leavitt his job back?

And worst of all, your posts are <i>so</i> repetitive and pointless. At least posters like smazza pretend to like USF (note: this is not an endorsement of smazza); you don't even try to create a front of having some reason to be here. So why don't you just go away? You don't offer anything more insightful to the discussion than the trolls (such as smazza) on the opposite side do. Nobody takes you seriously.

I know that just by posting this, I'm probably giving you the response you're really after, but I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and at least try to understand. Also, if we can get you to state your goals clearly, perhaps we can all just help you attain it so you no longer have a reason to visit this Web site.

qft

sanjay r u a lawyer?

Yes I am.  Even the type that goes to court once in a while.

sanjay r u a lawyer?

Not enough though. Here is a webpage of FOI laws for each state. Florida has one of the broadest.

http://www.nfoic.org/state-foi-laws

You said FOIA which is the federal Freedom of Information Act which is inapplicable here.  The Florida public records law is applicable and what the judge sidestepped with today's ruling.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,338
  • Days Won:  439

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/leavitt-in-court-suing-usf-wrongful-termination-060910

Video of what happened in court today. USF administration on purpose did not use email so it could not be used against them. There is no computer in Judy's office ON PURPOSE because of this case. There is only investigator notes made during interviews. That is why there has been no exchange of documents. USF's attorney told the judge they have not turned anything over BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING TO TURN OVER except those notes, which they will do within the next 10 days. Leavitt's attorney is dumbfounded. ROFLOL.  

Aren't the investigator notes of the interviews the most important things?

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/leavitt-in-court-suing-usf-wrongful-termination-060910

Video of what happened in court today. USF administration on purpose did not use email so it could not be used against them. There is no computer in Judy's office ON PURPOSE because of this case. There is only investigator notes made during interviews. That is why there has been no exchange of documents. USF's attorney told the judge they have not turned anything over BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING TO TURN OVER except those notes, which they will do within the next 10 days. Leavitt's attorney is dumbfounded. ROFLOL.  

probly... what if the investigator notes are even more damaging to leavitt tho? What if the investigators think that leavitt is a lunatic?

They need to do PPV of the trial. Leavitt's lawyer looks like he is clueless on how to proceed since he has nothing to tear apart and throw back at USF.

LOL.... If he looked "clueless", that's the look he wanted to portray. From reading a brief resume on another thread, I doubt there's much that's clueless about him...

Holy ****! I finally took a look at the video and need to change my assessment .... The dumbfounded look may have been legit. No recorded witness statements .... no transcripts?? No computers in offices because of the possibility of cases like this?? Is this going to be a jury trial? ... If so, we'll find out if this strategy was a brilliant move or if it blows up in USF's face. Right now, the whole thing screams of incompetence and/or something to hide.

• Content Count:  19,538
  • Days Won:  24

No recorded witness statements .... no transcripts?? No computers in offices because of the possibility of cases like this?? Is this going to be a jury trial? ... If so, we'll find out if this strategy was a brilliant move or if it blows up in USF's face. Right now, the whole thing screams of incompetence and/or something to hide.

No, this is the world we live in today.  If you fire someone, they cry to a jury to get money.  Companies have to protect themselves, or get sued by the incompentents they fire.

Archived