EXPANSION THREAD: KU/KSU/ISU/MU to BIG EAST

BullsFanInTX

Should BE invite KU and KSU right NOW!  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

If this happens then we will need more teams from CUSA because the Big10 has made it clear that they want the NYC Market which involves at least 1 other team in addition to Rutgers, thus you will have either Cuse or UConn joining Rutgers in the new Big16. I think it will be Rutgers and UConn because this will give the Big16 the NYC Metro Market.

Eastern Division

Connecticut UCF

Syracuse

Pittsburgh

Rutgers East Carolina

West Virginia

South Florida

Western Division

Cincinnati

Louisville

Kansas

Kansas State

Baylor

Iowa State

What this means for basketball yet is unclear - a 20-team basketball conference?

Also this new Big East will still be raided again by the ACC... the SEC will take 4 teams from the ACC, thus they will need 8 teams to plug their holes and get to 16.

Eastern Division

UCF

Syracuse

Pittsburgh

East Carolina

West Virginia

South Florida

Western Division

Cincinnati

Louisville

Kansas

Kansas State

Baylor

Iowa State

What this means for basketball yet is unclear - a 20-team basketball conference?

Thus the Big East is dead either way and this move is pointless... the remaining Big12 teams would be better off in the new MWC16.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The BE would have 12 teams and the ACC only 8.  The BE may also have a network pumping in additional dollars.  What makes you think the ACC would automatically be able to poach BE teams, after losing 4 of their own top teams.

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

What makes you think dixie the big east teams would want to leave for a depleted ACC.  you figure if the big 10 takes maryland, and the SEC raids the top 4 ACC schools (which it will if they do raid the ACC) that would leave the ACC with 7 teams.  This would void the current contract that was just negotiated with espn so the money might not be there anyway.  Right now as it stands I would want usf to join the ACC, but not a raided ACC if we add kansas and possibly missouri(if the big 10 doesn't take them).  These schools would be better off in a BCS conference not a hopeful BCS conference.  The BE might be in a position to add the better leftover ACC schools and become a solid football and basketball conference.

What makes you think dixie the big east teams would want to leave for a depleted ACC.  you figure if the big 10 takes maryland, and the SEC raids the top 4 ACC schools (which it will if they do raid the ACC) that would leave the ACC with 7 teams.  This would void the current contract that was just negotiated with espn so the money might not be there anyway.  Right now as it stands I would want usf to join the ACC, but not a raided ACC if we add kansas and possibly missouri(if the big 10 doesn't take them).  These schools would be better off in a BCS conference not a hopeful BCS conference.  The BE might be in a position to add the better leftover ACC schools and become a solid football and basketball conference.

First, the Big10 is not going to take Maryland... there are no current rumors that have them in the mix.

Second, a depleted ACC at the end of the day still has Miami, Boston College and a hand full of programs that are a few hours drive away from Tampa that are just as good or better then the left over Big12 teams we would be adding.

The Big East is dead in the water.

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

First, the Big10 is not going to take Maryland... there are no current rumors that have them in the mix.

Second, a depleted ACC at the end of the day still has Miami, Boston College and a hand full of programs that are a few hours drive away from Tampa that are just as good or better then the left over Big12 teams we would be adding.

There have been several reports that the big 10 is looking at maryland if it was going to go to 16 teams.  Miami, UNC, Duke, BC, NCstate, Wake, Virginia  would most likely be left.  Plus a BE network (which they are seriously considering) would be much more lucrative for those teams than a reduced contract with ESPN. 

There have been media reports that Maryland was on the Big Ten's short list.  They are a public university and member of the AAU with a solid athletic program in a very large media market not currently served by the Big Ten network.

In fact, Maryland probably brings more to the table than Syracuse, let alone Pitt or U Conn.

The Big Ten will not do anything more until Notre Dame is officially out of the question.

If the Big East adds the remaining Big 12 North teams, and the rest go to the Pac 10 (with Baylor in the Mountain West or C-USA), that could be the end of the shuffle for 2010.

Guest nybullsfan

This is all just nuts, but it sure makes the off-season more interesting.

How's this for a scenario? Grab EIGHT new teams, and split into three conferences

Grab the 4 remaining teams from the B12, and add 4 non-BCS teams to make an 8-team BE Central Conference:

Kansas

Kansas State

Missouri

Iowa State

TCU

Houston

Tulane

Memphis

Why these teams? For the markets, for the recruiting, for the basketball(!), and because the BE is primarily a group of URBAN schools, so we need to balance the new rural B12 schools.

BE Eastern Conference:

USF

UL

UC

Cuse

UCONN

WVU

Pitt

Add Central Florida to replace Rutgers if they go to the B10

BE Basketball Conference, makes a total of 24 teams

Marquette

Georgetown

Seton Hall

Providence

Villanova

St. John's

Add Butler (or Xavier or UMASS) to replace Notre Dame if they go to the B10

This would be waayyyy better than joining the ACC...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  8,003
  • Days Won:  6

This is all just nuts, but it sure makes the off-season more interesting.

How's this for a scenario? Grab EIGHT new teams, and split into three conferences

Grab the 4 remaining teams from the B12, and add 4 non-BCS teams to make an 8-team BE Central Conference:

Kansas

Kansas State

Missouri

Iowa State

TCU

Houston

Tulane

Memphis

Why these teams? For the markets, for the recruiting, for the basketball(!), and because the BE is primarily a group of URBAN schools, so we need to balance the new rural B12 schools.

BE Eastern Conference:

USF

UL

UC

Cuse

UCONN

WVU

Pitt

BE Basketball Conference, makes a total of 24 teams

Marquette

Georgetown

Seton Hall

Providence

Villanova

St. John's

I like this a lot but I would rearrage things to have a BE North, BE South and BE Olympic divisions.  In BBall, play 23 conf games and 7 ooc.  In football, play the other 7 in your division plus 2 "old rival" games in the other division.

Guest nybullsfan

BE NORTH Conference:

Kansas

Kansas State

Missouri

Iowa State

Cuse

UCONN

WVU

Pitt

BE SOUTH Conference:

USF

UL

UC

TCU

Houston

Tulane

Memphis

BE OLYMPIC Conference

Marquette

Georgetown

Seton Hall

Providence

Villanova

St. John's

I like this a lot but I would rearrage things to have a BE North, BE South and BE Olympic divisions.  In BBall, play 23 conf games and 7 ooc.  In football, play the other 7 in your division plus 2 "old rival" games in the other division.

Here you go.

There have been media reports that Maryland was on the Big Ten's short list.  They are a public university and member of the AAU with a solid athletic program in a very large media market not currently served by the Big Ten network.

In fact, Maryland probably brings more to the table than Syracuse, let alone Pitt or U Conn.

The Big Ten will not do anything more until Notre Dame is officially out of the question.

If the Big East adds the remaining Big 12 North teams, and the rest go to the Pac 10 (with Baylor in the Mountain West or C-USA), that could be the end of the shuffle for 2010.

I guess I must have missed the Maryland rumor...

However ESPN is reporting that A&M or A&M and UT will be going to the SEC which will start a new series of raids this year which will impact the ACC and the Big East.

Also once the Big 10 gets ND which they will, then Rutgers and 2 more will be gone.

Archived