LAME!!!!

thatusfguy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,096
  • Days Won:  11

Why is it empty? They are the face of the university and they have more to loss then any regular student. Do regular students have the likelihood of staining a sever injure in way that it could effect there lives or when a regular student gets a DUI or runs traffic light they face penalties but do they get talk on boards like this one or mention on blogs by writers or make the front page of the local paper's sport sections? I really hate to say this but athletes do more for university the regular student and yes they desire to have luxuries which other students do not get.

You will have to excuse me if I misunderstood this post as it is barely comprehensible, but if you are saying that athletes do more than "regular students" then I am offended by that. Give me a USF student who works at Moffitt and contributes even in the slightest toward curing cancer or Alzheimer's and I would give you a 5-star recruit that I am willing to send packing to keep them here. Shoot, the kids from USF who are heading over to the oil spill in the gulf are just as important as our athletes.

Maybe athletes do more for you than regular students but don't generalize; some of us chose our university for reasons not related to Division I athletics.

Maybe you should put down the controller, put away your NCAA and/or Madden PS3 disc and focus a little more on real life. Online poker and PBR will be there when you are done.

Really you do not know me and personal attacks just show thatyou are an ***. Thank you for what you do but this board  is about USF athletics not cancer patients and before you say it, My mother had cancer and she was treated at moffit cancer center and we appreciate what was done for her.

The regular student is the life blood of this University but these athletes are the FACE OF OUR UNIV., here is a test  " When I say University if Florida what poops in you head" , .....Tebow or some form of the football program. Ok that is point they are figures that the nation remembers about our schools. So if they are the going to be used to market and sell our school then they should receive exclusive benefits which regular students do not receive . If you still say "NO" then think this how much money does the athletic programs here at USF bring into this University, community, and state?

I know I might not be the best speller but I do not try say I am. I am just fan think our program is falling short of what we should be heading towards. Also I retract my statement about FSU and UF I was lead to believe that their amenities were only for athletics but I still believe it should be that way.  

You mean like a full ride? That's a benefit most students don't get.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

what poops in you head

Pretty much sums up this thread, doesn't it.

• Content Count:  19,538
  • Days Won:  24

Do you really think high school kids pick their colleges based on the exclusivity of the campus cafeteria?

Yes, I'm sure it would help in terms of diet and supervision and making sure kids are eating right, but when you find a five-star who says "LSU's breakfast menu options were far and away the best of any cafeteria I've visited," let me know. Does he step back from the table and put an Aramark hat on for the cameras?

:ROFLMAO

Greg is my hero.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Do you really think high school kids pick their colleges based on the exclusivity of the campus cafeteria?

Yes, I'm sure it would help in terms of diet and supervision and making sure kids are eating right, but when you find a five-star who says "LSU's breakfast menu options were far and away the best of any cafeteria I've visited," let me know. Does he step back from the table and put an Aramark hat on for the cameras?

Greg is my hero.

Best burn in Bullspen history  ;)  :ROFLMAO

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,330
  • Days Won:  439

Also I retract my statement about FSU and UF I was lead to believe that their amenities were only for athletics but I still believe it should be that way.  

You need to retract the whole **** thread since it was predicated by a false assumption ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,330
  • Days Won:  439

Greg is my hero.

The "Aramark hat" ditty was a thing of beauty ...

• Content Count:  994
  • Days Won:  0

i dont think the  athletic cafeteria only is that big a deal

and this pretty much tells you how ridiculous this whole thread is

• Content Count:  69

I stopped reading when I realized that the op has the language skills of a kindergartner.

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

In the early 1990s the NCAA voted to eliminate athletic dorms exclusively for athletes because of too many problems at some schools with the athletes being clustered together.  I don't think colleges can group athletes together in dorms today with more than 49% ratio athletes/regular students in a dorm, or section of a dorm or dorm floor.  The NCAA thought it was better for everyone mainstreaming athletes with regular students in dorms.  I guess the same logic applies with dining facilities.

UF used to have an athletic dorm and dining hall, Yon Hall, for its athletes.  It was under the east side of UF's football stadium by the old gym and swimming pool.  Yon Hall came to mind for me with this thread--not poops!

I still don't fully understand how USF's new athletic dining hall is going to operate.  I know it is going to be open to everyone, but if the athletes are to be served special training diets etc., how exactly is it going to be done with "regular" students being served too?  different hours available, different parts of the dining room, how exactly is it going to be different than the present dining facilities on campus?

• Content Count:  4,879

Do regular students have the likelihood of staining a sever injure in way that it could effect there lives

what??

Archived