LAME!!!!

thatusfguy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

This is a thread where someone had too much time on their hands and just wanted to find something to complain about.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

Why is it empty? They are the face of the university and they have more to loss then any regular student. Do regular students have the likelihood of staining a sever injure in way that it could effect there lives or when a regular student gets a DUI or runs traffic light they face penalties but do they get talk on boards like this one or mention on blogs by writers or make the front page of the local paper's sport sections? I really hate to say this but athletes do more for university the regular student and yes they desire to have luxuries which other students do not get.

• Content Count:  487

Student athlete cafeterias (training table) are open to the public for part of the day then close to allow the athletes to eat exclusively. This is done at all universities.

The FSU example was mentioned earlier in this thread. Here are other examples that I know of:

Nebraska: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=1567498

"2. The Nebraska Training Table is open to the public at lunch, but is reserved exclusively for student-athletes and Athletic Department staff at dinner."

USC: http://www.usctrojans.com/trads/usc-galen-center.html

"The Galen Center serves as the prime dining facility for USC's varsity sports, providing training table, pre-game meals and dinner to the Trojan athletic teams. It is open to the public during the week for lunch. "

Do research before you start a thread.

• Content Count:  742

I believe that it is a requirement for state funding to have open access to all students.

• Content Count:  208

This new dining facility will be a nice addition for all the students. Remember these athletes are STUDENT-athletes. See that the word student comes first, that is what they are all supposed to be there and strive for. Being students and all universities know that making a location exclusive to them would push them more to Athletes first and Students second.

Not the way you want to look at this. Frankly, I can not wait for this new dining facility to open up by the Sun Dome. Especially right before or after any of the basketball/baseball/volleyball games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,330
  • Days Won:  439

He's not so much That USF guy as he is "That Guy". 

Always remember friends never let friends be That Guy. 

Have to agree .... if he really was thatusfguy, he would have known about this from the beginning and started whining a long time ago .... Plus, i don't see the big deal. I know if i was a player, I'd much rather dine in a nice place that allows coeds rather than a guys only dining hall.... Obviously "that guy" feels differently .... not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Why is it empty? They are the face of the university and they have more to loss then any regular student. Do regular students have the likelihood of staining a sever injure in way that it could effect there lives or when a regular student gets a DUI or runs traffic light they face penalties but do they get talk on boards like this one or mention on blogs by writers or make the front page of the local paper's sport sections? I really hate to say this but athletes do more for university the regular student and yes they desire to have luxuries which other students do not get.

You will have to excuse me if I misunderstood this post as it is barely comprehensible, but if you are saying that athletes do more than "regular students" then I am offended by that. Give me a USF student who works at Moffitt and contributes even in the slightest toward curing cancer or Alzheimer's and I would give you a 5-star recruit that I am willing to send packing to keep them here. Shoot, the kids from USF who are heading over to the oil spill in the gulf are just as important as our athletes.

Maybe athletes do more for you than regular students but don't generalize; some of us chose our university for reasons not related to Division I athletics.

Maybe you should put down the controller, put away your NCAA and/or Madden PS3 disc and focus a little more on real life. Online poker and PBR will be there when you are done.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

OK so the dinning facility being built is not athletics only. Wow USF once again is falling short of the competition. I hope we are not marketing this to recruits, because when they go and see the big boys like FSU, which by the way has an athletics only caf, make us look laughable. And all of you mouth breathers are going to say the same thing about how recruits do not look at that type of thing? You might be right about that but the parents do. They want their child to be made to feel special and that university cares about giving them unique amenities which are for them and their teammates only. Not having some top notch amenities to serve their children makes are school look like less of a program in all sport. Other programs put things like this at the top of their list and after visiting FSU and UF we are fare off from matching the true powerhouses in this state.

Did you know next year that FSU is going to film their practice in 3D and be able have inside player 360 view, how can we compare to that. This is why they land Jeff Lucs of the world. I am just sadden that our school thinks that we are hot poop now since we beat the hands down worst FSU team in like 20 years and won a mediocre bowl game and that usfnatio.com post the dinning hall stuff like it is ground break, no it is just lame.

If the school is using state funding to build the dining hall, then it is required to be open to all students.  This is how FSU and UF got funding to expand their football stadiums, by incorporating classrooms into the renovations.

If you want it to be athletics exclusive or our practices to be in 3D, then pony up the money.

• Content Count:  994

I have read like 95% of articles written on USF recruits the past couple years and this has never come up in all the things they talk about, not for our school or others.  Before I started school at USF I was a big FSU fan and subscribed to their rivals site and read all those articles, dont recall the first mention of dining halls there either.

Any parent who would exert influence of their child on a matter like this, probably raised an idiot.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

OK so the dinning facility being built is not athletics only. Wow USF once again is falling short of the competition. I hope we are not marketing this to recruits, because when they go and see the big boys like FSU, which by the way has an athletics only caf, make us look laughable. And all of you mouth breathers are going to say the same thing about how recruits do not look at that type of thing? You might be right about that but the parents do. They want their child to be made to feel special and that university cares about giving them unique amenities which are for them and their teammates only. Not having some top notch amenities to serve their children makes are school look like less of a program in all sport. Other programs put things like this at the top of their list and after visiting FSU and UF we are fare off from matching the true powerhouses in this state.

Did you know next year that FSU is going to film their practice in 3D and be able have inside player 360 view, how can we compare to that. This is why they land Jeff Lucs of the world. I am just sadden that our school thinks that we are hot poop now since we beat the hands down worst FSU team in like 20 years and won a mediocre bowl game and that usfnatio.com post the dinning hall stuff like it is ground break, no it is just lame.

If the school is using state funding to build the dining hall, then it is required to be open to all students.  This is how FSU and UF got funding to expand their football stadiums, by incorporating classrooms into the renovations.

If you want it to be athletics exclusive or our practices to be in 3D, then pony up the money.

Exactly!

Archived