Scrimmage Notes

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,896
  • Days Won:  3

Secondly, McKenzie played Sam, not MLB.

Err...T-Mac started the year at MLB and basically split time with Kion there. Pretty often we only had 2 LB's on the field though.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Secondly, McKenzie played Sam, not MLB.

Err...T-Mac started the year at MLB and basically split time with Kion there. Pretty often we only had 2 LB's on the field though.

Ssshhhh...why confuse some posters with facts.  Also don't tell him that Fitch, and Holtz have been quoted as saying Lamar has a lot to work on with catching.  Don't expect Lamar to be much more than a 5-7 touch a game guy next year, still to tiny, and raw at his new position...even the coaches have said he needs to add 15lbs of muscle to be truly effective next year.  For a kid like Lamar adding 15lbs is like many of us adding 50lbs....some are foolish enough to say he's going to be the next Harvin...forget the fact Harvin was about 3+ inches taller, 30lbs heavier (maybe more depending on who you believe on how heavy Lamar really is) as a soph and junior at UF. 

i think bj is surrounded by better coaches now

based on what? 

His dislike of Leavitt

Based on the fact that they have won a conference championship. (even if it was only CUSA)

Who's 'they'?  You got a rat in your pocket and trying to include more?  Only four of the new staff won those conference championships.  Might I remind you that we beat UCF 62-14 in a year they won C-DOA, and 34-14 when they were runner ups in 2005.  Both those years were on the backs still of mostly kids we signed while in C-USA (C-USA > C-DOA)....so it stands to reason we would have won our fair share of those back then too...then again I would have loved to watch Tulsa, and UCF beat the 2005 Louisville team.

But sure Skip, Fitch, Hargreave, and Shankweiler have won a C-DOA title.  Which is impressive....but given the competition and their overall production it doesn't necessarily make them better.  I like Skip a ton, but some of his staff have a lot to prove, and anyone that argues that needs to show me facts and stats that state otherwise.  I like Shankweiler, Hargreave, Smith, and the Leavitt hold-overs....Fitch, Snyder, and Vaas have a lot to prove to me...for one like they can produce a top 50 offense and defense on their own.

Hell, we went to the Canadian bowl with BAD COACHING. I'm sure we can fall into a bowl game with good coaching. Geez.

Haaa...yeah sure that's some sound logic.  ::)

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Sound logic it is my friend. These kids are being taught football. And not just rely on pure athletics. I do agree it might take these kids awhile to get everything. But they're HAPPY to be taught fundamentals of football for a change. As for getting into a bowl game. The Bulls do have talent on defense to carry this team until the offense get rolling.

Sound logic it is my friend. These kids are being taught football. And not just rely on pure athletics. I do agree it might take these kids awhile to get everything. But they're HAPPY to be taught fundamentals of football for a change. As for getting into a bowl game. The Bulls do have talent on defense to carry this team until the offense get rolling.

I want to take some of your happy pills.  We lost 7 starters on defense and that doesn't matter to you? :o  The replacements are skilled but young...you do realize that even Skippy had losing seasons to start his careers at Uconn, and ECU.  Why won't that happen here after losing 12 starters?  Your logic is 'just because he's better'...ok then why did his 'better' theory not help him when he went 4-7 in his first year at ECU, and 5-6 in his first season at Uconn?  Why is this different?  Our conference could be back to the strongest it's been in football next year with Pitt, RU, UL, and Uconn all returning strong nucleus' as well as Cinci, and Skip is losing more starters, coming into a more difficult situation, at a much later time then when he arrived at Uconn, or ECU, and in a much tougher conference. 

Honestly if the guy manages more than 6 wins this season he's magic.  True real logic says plan for a 2011 as your championship banner raising year, and just hope for 2010 to be competitive and a true learning experience for the staff and players.  I mean hell we're so thin in some areas losing one player guarantees a loss at those positions.  I would be careful using your 'sound logic' :D

Ther's two guys on that defense we will miss. Nate Allen and Jason Pierre Paul. The other guys are very much replacable. With good coaching, the CB's should be better. The LB's will be better. K. Wilson will be replace by Sam Barrington who is a beast. And Chris Robinson was the worst LB we had on the team. He started only because he was a senior. The only question marks is at the safety and the interior line. USF always had edge rushers. So that will not be a problem with C. Marshall, Davis, and Giddens. The D should be solid. I understand that you are in LOVE with Coach Leavitt. You can follow him to K-State.

• Content Count:  3,896
  • Days Won:  3

Of our losses, I expect the CBs to actually better- Murphy was a dolt that we couldn't get disciplined for whatever reason. The safeties will be (significantly?) worse- Losing allen is huge. The LB corps will be about the same- losing Kion will hurt but losing Robinson may help actually. As far as the D-Line, I expect similar play, if not better because of coaching. We have great rushers off the edge and hopefully coaching will equate to some more pressure.

• Content Count:  66,204
  • Days Won:  172

i think bj is surrounded by better coaches now

based on what? 

His dislike of Leavitt

Based on the fact that they have won a conference championship. (even if it was only CUSA)

Who's 'they'?  You got a rat in your pocket and trying to include more?  Only four of the new staff won those conference championships.  Might I remind you that we beat UCF 62-14 in a year they won C-DOA, and 34-14 when they were runner ups in 2005.  Both those years were on the backs still of mostly kids we signed while in C-USA (C-USA > C-DOA)....so it stands to reason we would have won our fair share of those back then too...then again I would have loved to watch Tulsa, and UCF beat the 2005 Louisville team.

But sure Skip, Fitch, Hargreave, and Shankweiler have won a C-DOA title.  Which is impressive....but given the competition and their overall production it doesn't necessarily make them better.  I like Skip a ton, but some of his staff have a lot to prove, and anyone that argues that needs to show me facts and stats that state otherwise.  I like Shankweiler, Hargreave, Smith, and the Leavitt hold-overs....Fitch, Snyder, and Vaas have a lot to prove to me...for one like they can produce a top 50 offense and defense on their own.

LEAVITT NEVER WON ANYTHING AND couldnt build usf into a team that competed for big east title

he failed here

holtz has a better resume today

holtz will take this program further than leavitt

You must admit that Coach Holtz did a lot with little talent at ECU. With some big time upsets on his resume. A couple of conference championships. And if you hear him speak about the team this morning on 620. He sound like this team underachived and was undiscipline. And there was not going to tolerate any no such actions. MIKE FORD.

Archived