Court Side Cabanna is catching on

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

This is how the Dome was arranged at the start of the season....

Sun_Dome_Seating.jpg

Some notes. The first several rows of C1 are reserved for team family and recruits. About 2/3 of H1 are reserved for the band. And E1 is mostly for visitors, but it may not be the whole section.

Since the New Year, G2-H2-I2 have been removed for the Courtside Cabanna, and H1 is still for the band but is no longer accessible to students.  The new student section is C1-D1-A2-B2-A3-B3.

Here's how I would rearrange the SunDome. Move the student section to K1-L1-M1-P1. Those season ticket holders in those sections can be moved to C1-D1. Also, they can move the second press row to the other sideline and endlines, opening up another 2 rows in D1. As for the Cabanna, I'm not the biggest fan, but if its bringing in more money than if we didn't have it, then I am fine with it. As soon as it starts limiting crowds, then its gotta go.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Here's how I would rearrange the SunDome. Move the student section to K1-L1-M1-P1.

The donors who sit there would not go for that.

Here's how I would rearrange the SunDome. Move the student section to K1-L1-M1-P1.

Maybe they should fill up their section then. Moving them to C1-D1 would fill in the section better.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

Maybe they should fill up their section then. Moving them to C1-D1 would fill in the section better.

It's a mathematical impossibility ... remember, all the tickets in those 4 sections are sold. You'd have to have a comparable seat on the other side and there are season ticket holders that have seats behind the opposing bench ....

It's a mathematical impossibility ... remember, all the tickets in those 4 sections are sold. You'd have to have a comparable seat on the other side and there are season ticket holders that have seats behind the opposing bench ....

So your saying that we have people buying season tickets and not going to games.  :nope

So your saying that we have people buying season tickets and not going to games.  :nope

Where the hell have you been??  ;)

It's funny because I was talking to a guy this weekend who has 3 season tix in the lower level. Two are together but the 3rd is two seats over. The guy with the two in between lives in Atlanta and never goes to games. He does, though, usually get the tix to the guy here and he uses them, but this year he didn't ... I think there must be a lot of stories like that down in that lowere level.

Guest nybullsfan

Where the hell have you been??   ;)

It's funny because I was talking to a guy this weekend who has 3 season tix in the lower level. Two are together but the 3rd is two seats over. The guy with the two in between lives in Atlanta and never goes to games. He does, though, usually get the tix to the guy here and he uses them, but this year he didn't ... I think there must be a lot of stories like that down in that lowere level.

There's an easy solution. Your ticket for a seat is only guaranteed until tipoff. If you're not in your seat at tipoff, it's fair game for anybody to move down into your seat. If you come late, you can sit anywhere that's open, but you CANNOT kick anyone out of any seat.

At halftime, you can go down to your regular seat and kick them out, and then they can either (1) go back to their own seat and kick out whoever is there, or (2) wait like vultures until the second half throw-in, at which point all empty seats are now available.

No seat saving at any time. If you get up during the game, other than at halftime, your seat is forfeit, and the vultures can come take it away from you.

Lif is short, bloody, and vicious. So is BasketBull.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  23,143
  • Days Won:  109

Last year when I inquired about bumping up to Silver donation level to get a lower level season ticket, I was told that there weren't any available.  So that tells me that there are a lot of people that have season tickets that don't show up.  I know my family doctor has season tix, but works for the Lightning at their home games.  So he doesn't make games when the two teams play the same night at home.  I'm sure there are a ton of reasons.

Where the hell have you been??   ;)

There's an easy solution. Your ticket for a seat is only guaranteed until tipoff. If you're not in your seat at tipoff, it's fair game for anybody to move down into your seat. If you come late, you can sit anywhere that's open, but you CANNOT kick anyone out of any seat.

At halftime, you can go down to your regular seat and kick them out, and then they can either (1) go back to their own seat and kick out whoever is there, or (2) wait like vultures until the second half throw-in, at which point all empty seats are now available.

No seat saving at any time. If you get up during the game, other than at halftime, your seat is forfeit, and the vultures can come take it away from you.

Lif is short, bloody, and vicious. So is BasketBull.

LOL ... I fully endorse that solution.    :thumbsup

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Do these cabanas have hot tubs or Hooters Girls serving you drinks and wings?

NO!

There are drinks, but no girls and wings.

Another reason I don't like the cabana.  The should just move it though. 

Make 4'500 another way...or open those 700+ seats back up and offer them for sale for 20 bucks and make 7,000 DOLLARS with HALF the section full(350 people).

GO BULLS!!!

Archived