Court Side Cabanna is catching on

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

So the last two games make up for the past 4-5 years?

And why would people want to pay $45 to sit in the second level?

They're not paying for the seats .... unless this last game was way different. Most of the people in there have been on the couches or just milling around. The only ones I've seen actually sittng in thos seats have been USF personnel and a few opposing fans.

Actually, they are paying for the seats. These seats just come with pre-paid food and drinks.

i went at noon today to get cabana tix...SOLD OUT!

And I guess someone purchased those tickets....or this guy is just a liar.

Come on, bouncer, you knew what I meant by what I said .... Nobody is paying to SIT in those seats. Most are not leaving the Cabana area.

Would you pay for the Cabana if your seats were located on the second level?

Personally, I would if I actually planned to sit there because I'm not enamored with behind the basket seats but, for the third time, I don't think the majority people are buying those tickets to SIT in the seat.

Maybe if the team keeps winning and students decide to show up for the rest of the season, athletics might do something about it.

Nothing can be done this year but I hope they would look into it for next year if the students do continue showing up ...

The flip side of that is, if the team keeps winning, more fans (of both teams) will come to the games, thus purchasing and sometimes selling out the Cabana. If this happens, you think athletic would pull the plug of the cabana if they were making money, regardless of if the students showed up or not?

Hopefully, if that happens, they can be creative and keep the Cabana and open that section back up to the students ...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

So the last two games make up for the past 4-5 years?

And why would people want to pay $45 to sit in the second level?

They're not paying for the seats .... unless this last game was way different. Most of the people in there have been on the couches or just milling around. The only ones I've seen actually sittng in thos seats have been USF personnel and a few opposing fans.

Actually, they are paying for the seats. These seats just come with pre-paid food and drinks.

i went at noon today to get cabana tix...SOLD OUT!

And I guess someone purchased those tickets....or this guy is just a liar.

Come on, bouncer, you knew what I meant by what I said .... Nobody is paying to SIT in those seats. Most are not leaving the Cabana area.

Would you pay for the Cabana if your seats were located on the second level?

Personally, I would if I actually planned to sit there because I'm not enamored with behind the basket seats but, for the third time, I don't think the majority people are buying those tickets to SIT in the seat.

Maybe if the team keeps winning and students decide to show up for the rest of the season, athletics might do something about it.

Nothing can be done this year but I hope they would look into it for next year if the students do continue showing up ...

The flip side of that is, if the team keeps winning, more fans (of both teams) will come to the games, thus purchasing and sometimes selling out the Cabana. If this happens, you think athletic would pull the plug of the cabana if they were making money, regardless of if the students showed up or not?

Hopefully, if that happens, they can be creative and keep the Cabana and open that section back up to the students ...

My point is that consumers do not want to pay a premium price for a second-tier product. If you pay for a Mercedes, you don't want to get a Kia. If you are going to pay $45 to see a college basketball game, with the home team being rather unsuccessful over the past few seasons, you aren't going to want a second rate seat. Regardless of if you bounce back and forth, from your seats to the carving station to the couches, you don't want a second rate experience. You want the best product, which doesn't include seats on the second level.

• Content Count:  341
  • Days Won:  1

They could either keep the Cabana but only have the deck, then reopen the seats to the students, since only like <20% of cabana patrons actually use the lower bowl, or at least let the seniors have free access to the cabana on senior day. Back to the first idea it wouldn't be hard to rope off a path to the lower bowl.

• Content Count:  2,726

They could either keep the Cabana but only have the deck, then reopen the seats to the students, since only like <20% of cabana patrons actually use the lower bowl, or at least let the seniors have free access to the cabana on senior day. Back to the first idea it wouldn't be hard to rope off a path to the lower bowl.

Thank You. 

This is what I was recommending. 

Not to mention...what happens if we do start winning and the athletics starts loosing out on those 700 seats they took out???

Then I think the cabana will be pulled.  Or moved. 

700 x $20 is alot more than 100 x $45, not to mention all the students that would pay for beers and food at the concession stand. 

So lets see.  They charge 45 bucks for 100 people over there.  hmm...thats $4500 of profit right?

I still dont see how removing 700 seats(that would be half full every game by now) 350 seats of people paying $20 bucks and eating concession food wouldn't be better?!?!?!

I'm no mathematician or anything. 

But getting 200 or 300 people in those 700 SEATS we lost which is what we usually got, pays alot more that 100 people at $45 bucks a head.  Just some simple math here folks. 

SECTION OF 700 SEATS REMOVED for the "CABANA"

if we got even 250 people paying $20 bucks in that WHOLE east side of the SunDome(which was removed):  School makes 5,000(already more than the cabana's revenue.

if we get 350 for a bigger game(remember this is only HALF FULL): School makes 7,000

as you can see...the numbers get bigger with more people.

BTW...that doesn't include the people sitting in that section going to get concessions. 

SO...again, tell me why the cabana is a good idea?  And SHOULDN'T be moved?!?!?!

GO BULLS!!!

GIVE THE **** SEATS BACK!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Thank You.   

Not to mention...what happens if we do start winning and the athletics starts loosing out on those 700 seats they took out???

700 x $20 is alot more than 100 x $45, not to mention all the students that would pay for beers and food at the concession stand. 

So lets see.  They charge 45 bucks for 100 people over there.  hmm...thats $4500 of profit right?

I still dont see how removing 700 seats(that would be half full every game by now) 350 seats of people paying $20 bucks and eating concession food wouldn't be better?!?!?!

But getting 200 or 300 people in those 700 SEATS we lost which is what we usually got, pays alot more that 100 people at $45 bucks a head.  Just some simple math here folks. 

if we got even 250 people paying $20 bucks in that WHOLE east side of the SunDome(which was removed):  School makes 5,000(already more than the cabana's revenue.

if we get 350 for a bigger game(remember this is only HALF FULL): School makes 7,000

BTW...that doesn't include the people sitting in that section going to get concessions. 

SO...again, tell me why the cabana is a good idea?  And SHOULDN'T be moved?!?!?!

GO BULLS!!!

GO BULLS!!!

I don't know where you think they could move it to. It's in a logical spot now. I tried to get in for the pitt game and it was sold out. If anything they should expand seating into other areas. maybe put the actual cabana on the floor and open the second tier up for seating(including the band).

I applaud them for coming up with such a fine idea. not only do they generate more revenue (which everybody is always ******** about) but they are removing seats that aren't being used. it makes the arena seem much fuller without those 700 seats.the people that normally would sit in the 2nd level behind the hoops now have to move over and fill out other sections.

less supply + more demand = higher prices.

If we start selling out games regularly then they should add those seats back in.

• Content Count:  1,633

Thank You.   

GO BULLS!!!

GO BULLS!!!

Thats a whole lot of "what if's"....I wouldn't bank on that.

And last time I checked, students don't buy $6 beers and pay for $4 hot dogs. That's what tailgating and dorm rooms are for.

Do the students even fill up the student seating now? Why give them more seats that will just go unused? And don't give me any non-sense about how "If they give them seats, they'll show up." The opportunity was there, for years, and nobody showed up, thus the inception of the Courtseide Cabana.

• Content Count:  1,390

The opportunity was there, for years, and nobody showed up, thus the inception of the Courtseide Cabana.

I don't really have an opinion on this to be honest, but the team was also an embarrassment for years.

• Content Count:  1,524

Thank You.   

GO BULLS!!!

GO BULLS!!!

Thats a whole lot of "what if's"....I wouldn't bank on that.

And last time I checked, students don't buy $6 beers and pay for $4 hot dogs. That's what tailgating and dorm rooms are for.

Do the students even fill up the student seating now? Why give them more seats that will just go unused? And don't give me any non-sense about how "If they give them seats, they'll show up." The opportunity was there, for years, and nobody showed up, thus the inception of the Courtseide Cabana.

Yes, the students DO fill up the student section. There are also a ton of students that have to sit in the "overflow" seats. If athletics would realize that there are more students in the Dome than just in the student section, they would open up more seats around the student section. I think its ******** that they make the overflow students sit way up in the second level when there are a ton of open seats around the lower level student section that are closed off, and never,ever used. It looks sparse on tv when all they would have to do is open up those sections for students they would be filled.

• Content Count:  1,524

Many of you on here think that no students show up bc there are empty seats in the lower level. Well they would be filled if athletics would open up the seating! Next time ur in the dome, look up and you will see a good amount of students sitting way up in the nose bleeds.

• Content Count:  341

It doesn't help neither that in section C1 the first 7 rows are reserved for the basket ball office, so only students are in the top 5 rows there i think, andD1 section is full majority of the time.  The crowds really don't show up during the beginning of the season for games vs. Who? Universities.

In General the Sundome is in need of a major make over, and to whom it may concern: if you are in connections with financial aide i will pressure wash the dome over the summer if you waive off my tuition for next fall.  Its a fair trade.

Archived