Court Side Cabanna is catching on

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

lets see....you complain about the cabana like it is physically cause you harm...however it turns out to be pretty popular just took some time...

Most of you guys giving him **** aren't really reading what he's saying ... he doesn't have a problem with cabana itself, just the fact that it's taking up traditional student seating... and he's absolutely right in that regard. Maybe I'm off base but how many college hoops venues don't have students behind at least one basket? The Courtside Cabana is a great idea but it does suck that the seats reserved for it take up spots where the Reaper used to wave his giant Bulls hand signal and the Sheriff used to wave pics of gay guys ...

Well if the student used those seats regularly than he would have a grip but they didn't

He still has a gripe .... it just would have more support if enough students had used it regularly.

and USF found away to make money on those seats. Can't fault USF for that

I think it's a great idea from a financial standpoint .... I just wish it could somehow be worked out where it's for Bulls fans only. As has been pointed out, this thing is going to catch on with opposing fans who think $45 just for a BE basketball game is a good deal and we could actualy have opposing fans waving pictures of gay guys at OUR players shooting free throws at that end.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

lets see....you complain about the cabana like it is physically cause you harm...however it turns out to be pretty popular just took some time...

Most of you guys giving him **** aren't really reading what he's saying ... he doesn't have a problem with cabana itself, just the fact that it's taking up traditional student seating... and he's absolutely right in that regard. Maybe I'm off base but how many college hoops venues don't have students behind at least one basket? The Courtside Cabana is a great idea but it does suck that the seats reserved for it take up spots where the Reaper used to wave his giant Bulls hand signal and the Sheriff used to wave pics of gay guys ...

+1

...and "the bouncer" and I used to sit in the band or in the seats next to the band and yell at the opposing teams coaches.  Well..."the bouncer" would do a better job than me, but whatever.  It was still fun to be that close.  Now that the cabana has taken up that section, students will never know what its like to be behind the basket. 

They need to change something in the future. 

GO BULLS!!!

The university wasn't making any money leaving those seats for the students, who never showed up. It was dumb to leave that area as a student section, when virtually no students attended. Why have some of the closest seats to the game, sit there unused? What benefit is that?

Great, the team has won 3 BE games in a row, but do you think that translates into 4K students, or even 1K more students coming into game? FUCGKKK NOOO!!!! Sell those premium seats to PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GO TO THE GAMES. Don't save them for students who might show up. It looks better having that section 3/4 full (of people who actually paid) instead of having 4 rows, semi-filled with students.

+1

...and "the bouncer" and I used to sit in the band or in the seats next to the band and yell at the opposing teams coaches.  Well..."the bouncer" would do a better job than me, but whatever.  It was still fun to be that close.  Now that the cabana has taken up that section, students will never know what its like to be behind the basket. 

They need to change something in the future. 

GO BULLS!!!

The university wasn't making any money leaving those seats for the students, who never showed up. It was dumb to leave that area as a student section, when virtually no students attended. Why have some of the closest seats to the game, sit there unused? What benefit is that?

Great, the team has won 3 BE games in a row, but do you think that translates into 4K students, or even 1K more students coming into game? FUCGKKK NOOO!!!! Sell those premium seats to PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GO TO THE GAMES. Don't save them for students who might show up.

Maybe I'm wrong but there have been more than enough students sitting in the second level, scattered around, at the last two home games to fill that section up ...

It looks better having that section 3/4 full (of people who actually paid) instead of having 4 rows, semi-filled with students.

Even if those people are wearing the other teams colors? ...... Not sure how you can say that looks better .... Keep the Cabana, find seats elsewhere for those that REALLY want to watch the game instead of milling around, socializing.

So the last two games make up for the past 4-5 years?

And why would people want to pay $45 to sit in the second level?

They're not paying for the seats .... unless this last game was way different. Most of the people in there have been on the couches or just milling around. The only ones I've seen actually sittng in thos seats have been USF personnel and a few opposing fans.

They're not paying for the seats .... unless this last game was way different. Most of the people in there have been on the couches or just milling around. The only ones I've seen actually sittng in thos seats have been USF personnel and a few opposing fans.

Actually, they are paying for the seats. These seats just come with pre-paid food and drinks.

i went at noon today to get cabana tix...SOLD OUT!

And I guess someone purchased those tickets....or this guy is just a liar.

Actually, they are paying for the seats. These seats just come with pre-paid food and drinks.

Come on, bouncer, you knew what I meant by what I said .... Nobody is paying to SIT in those seats. Most are not leaving the Cabana area.

• Content Count:  1,412

thanks to the courtside cabana, we have five conference loses

yeah that bastard can't make a shot, or rebound, all he does is take up space! 

And don't get me started how he didn't show up at all on the road for those 3 conference losses!

you know we are talking about a collection of seats right?

Come on, bouncer, you knew what I meant by what I said .... Nobody is paying to SIT in those seats. Most are not leaving the Cabana area.

Would you pay for the Cabana if your seats were located on the second level?

People are paying a premium price for a great game experience, an experience which doesn't include tickets on the second level.

Maybe if the team keeps winning and students decide to show up for the rest of the season, athletics might do something about it.

The flip side of that is, if the team keeps winning, more fans (of both teams) will come to the games, thus purchasing and sometimes selling out the Cabana. If this happens, you think athletic would pull the plug of the cabana if they were making money, regardless of if the students showed up or not?

• Content Count:  2,726

They can find another place for the cabana. 

Furthermore, why do they need a 1/4 of the SunDome to have room for 100 people to socialize?!?!?!!?

100 people?!!?!?  Really?!?!?!

Lets not ignore the fact that Luxery Boxes on any level would take care of this problem.  But whatever...

Students should be behind the basket.  Thats that. 

GO BULLS!!!

Archived