Miller family retains Barry Cohen

redfisher78

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Miller is saying through his attorney that Leavitt did strike him and that he lied to cover for him. Finally confirmation for all of those wondering that this did in fact happen.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan/10/110628/usf-player-hires-cohen-attorney/sports-colleges-bulls/

We are to believe Joel Miller now?  He now speaks the truth through Barry Cohen?

Now that he can tell what happened, and the coach has lost his job, its obvious. How can you still believe nothing happened? This is amazing.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  720

Miller is saying through his attorney that Leavitt did strike him and that he lied to cover for him. Finally confirmation for all of those wondering that this did in fact happen.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan/10/110628/usf-player-hires-cohen-attorney/sports-colleges-bulls/

We are to believe Joel Miller now?  He now speaks the truth through Barry Cohen?

No, we can believe the investigation and the report which paints the clear picture. Everyone knew that Miller was lying and you could even tell by the way hatter changed is stance on here. The kid and his dad are liars and I would like to see USF go after them for dragging this process out and possibly harming our recruiting class as well as the money paid for a month long investigation.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,316
  • Days Won:  490

What does this say about the character of some of the players that said they personally saw Leavitt grab him by the "shoulder pads" just to motivate him?

It says they didn't see what only two other players saw.  Character issues so far:

1)  5 anonymous players, apparently led by Erskin, going to McMurphy with exact same story (but they went "independently", right). 

2)  Joel Miller lying/changing his story

3)  Jim Leavitt lying/offering contradicting statements

4)  Reporter manipulating/using young kids for professional gain

5)  Investigators rushed report after last Fanhouse report, full of grammatical errors and hearsay.  Not a professional job at all.

It all depends on the prism from which you view this train wreck.

Sad time to be a fan or a graduate of this institution.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Now that he can tell what happened, and the coach has lost his job, its obvious. How can you still believe nothing happened? This is amazing.

truely amazing.  I wish we could change the name from Leavitt to O"Leary on the report what Brad and the gang would think.  

This story is clear as day to anyone with an unbiased mind.  

He hit, he lied, he got fired.  He did it in a room full of people and still wasnt retained.  Im hoping some video evidence comes about so people can say its a imposter.  I mean whats next?

he who defends everything, defends nothing.  This is laughable, Leavitt is undefendable here.  Thanks for building the program, I hope you get honored at USF in the future, but your tenure here was rightfully ended.  

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Bulliever,

It will come down to any court documents that Cohen files...he's not going to risk his license lying to the court to make a quick buck.

Unfortunately, I think this is the truth

• Content Count:  1,757

What does this say about the character of some of the players that said they personally saw Leavitt grab him by the "shoulder pads" just to motivate him?

It says they didn't see what only two other players saw.  Character issues so far:

1)  5 anonymous players, apparently led by Erskin, going to McMurphy with exact same story (but they went "independently", right). 

2)  Joel Miller lying/changing his story

3)  Jim Leavitt lying/offering contradicting statements

4)  Reporter manipulating/using young kids for professional gain

5)  Investigators rushed report after last Fanhouse report, full of grammatical errors and hearsay.  Not a professional job at all.

It all depends on the prism from which you view this train wreck.

Sad time to be a fan or a graduate of this institution.

Erskin wasnt the one, if you read the report you would see it was Ben. So basically nothing can convince you. You can't just realize that this happened. You have to try and make the story as unbelievable as possible and throw enough c r a p on the wall so that it will distort the truth? I understand this whole thing is convoluted. But an outside expert and now the player involved himself is showing you what exactly happened.

• Content Count:  12,293

that to them...leavitt really was the "most powerful man in the building"

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,316
  • Days Won:  490

truely amazing.  I wish we could change the name from Leavitt to O"Leary on the report what Brad and the gang would think.  

This story is clear as day to anyone with an unbiased mind.  

He hit, he lied, he got fired.  He did it in a room full of people and still wasnt retained.  Im hoping some video evidence comes about so people can say its a imposter.  I mean whats next?

he who defends everything, defends nothing.  This is laughable, Leavitt is undefendable here.  Thanks for building the program, I hope you get honored at USF in the future, but your tenure here was rightfully ended.  

"How can you still believe nothing happened?" 

You guys are ridiculous.  I never said that.  I believed something happened weeks ago.  The problem is you want a slam dunk and the case closed.  This is not over, that is my speculation.

Did I say the report was wrong, or that Leavitt shouldn't have been fired?  No.  But you don't like questions being asked, so again you attack me.

We are discussing why the Millers have hired an attorney.  It could be for a number of reasons many of which are being discussed in this thread.  I have also commented on what I believe to be sheer incompetence on the part of USF. 

Sometimes, I wish those of you that like to draw a line in the sand and fight over the silliest of things would simply grow up or shut up.

• Content Count:  12,293

yet you continue to believe leavitt who has obviously lied

• Content Count:  720

Like I said this whole situation really shows a seperation of character in the locker room. I was not surprised at all by the names that told the truth in the investigation. And by that same token not surprised at all by those who didn't. Good luck in your transfers to those players who think Leavitt was wronged.

Archived