Miller family retains Barry Cohen

redfisher78

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

Well I have always thought his father was a POS.  I think we all knew there was a good chance that this situation was true.  It is obvious that his father changed his story, for what is the question.  Now he has hired some money grabbing attorney.  That is all I need to know about the family.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

The crazy part is the exclusivity which was granted to Brett on Friday.

He was first with the news that the press release later in the day was to fire Leavitt.

He had the termination letter first.

He was first to obtain and post the report on line.

Three firsts, at separate times during the day.  No way that happened accidentally.  Also, no way that random people within USF athletics happened to have those items and could corroborate them.   Clearly, he was working in conjunction with some of the top players in USF/USF Athletics on this one.  This is not some random mole, or even a few of them, within USF.  People would get fired for leaking that stuff, and they could easily tell who leaked it, so it has to be 'authorized' information.

Question is, was he working with them after 12/15 when the story broke, or did this start after the story happened and he got ahold of it and he let them know he was working on it, or did USF know about this before it broke, and were working with BMcM all along.

Again, not trying to be a conspiracy guy, but Friday was tell-tale day in that there is some level of cooperation between USF and Brett.  Just wondering if this is a recent development, or something more longstanding.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

And if so, is it something that will be used again in the future to help USF causes?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,316
  • Days Won:  490

I believe you are correct E.T.

This was too good for McMurphy to pass up.  And if USF chooses to pretend they don't have a problem with a known enemy of the program possessing and contacting phone numbers of student athletes like Colby Erskin, and others in the alphabet gang, they deserve to be sued and drained of every dollar they have.

It's quite hypocritical to break out the "protection of student athletes" as important when your lack of control has these guys being manipulated by a known fabricator.  Just look at this mess.  Brett is all smiles and he has left a number of victims in his wake.

Jim Leavitt is to blame and each person up the ladder.  I have no sympathy for Joel Miller and the rest of the alphabet gang, especially those like Erskin who used the situation to settle old scores.

So save me the "Leavitt Lover" line.  It's got nothing to do with that.  The fox has exited the hen house with the sliest of grins and some of us are okay with that.  Not me.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

how can we spin this one?

conspiracy theorist please continue to amaze me.  ;D

• Content Count:  12,293

i'm sure the leavitt apologist will say "oh now he is lying cause he wants some money"

face it.  leavitt hit the kid.  lied about it and got what he deserved.

end of story.  time to move on.

The crazy part is the exclusivity which was granted to Brett on Friday.

He was first with the news that the press release later in the day was to fire Leavitt.

He had the termination letter first.

He was first to obtain and post the report on line.

Three firsts, at separate times during the day.  No way that happened accidentally.  Also, no way that random people within USF athletics happened to have those items and could corroborate them.   Clearly, he was working in conjunction with some of the top players in USF/USF Athletics on this one.  This is not some random mole, or even a few of them, within USF.  People would get fired for leaking that stuff, and they could easily tell who leaked it, so it has to be 'authorized' information.

Question is, was he working with them after 12/15 when the story broke, or did this start after the story happened and he got ahold of it and he let them know he was working on it, or did USF know about this before it broke, and were working with BMcM all along.

Again, not trying to be a conspiracy guy, but Friday was tell-tale day in that there is some level of cooperation between USF and Brett.  Just wondering if this is a recent development, or something more longstanding.

At a minimum, those questions need to be asked. 

Brett preyed on players that would give him info, he had about 11 years or so covering USF Football, he built some relationships.  I am sure there are some in Athletics or the Administration that don't like Leavitt.  Just look at the people here that were jealous or angry about his salary.  A high paid coach on a college campus will have detractors.  This is the landscape in which Murphy operates best - preying on others' dissatisfaction.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least that someone else that felt crossed or upstaged by Leavitt fed the information.

As I mentioned before.  The real problem here is USF.  Leavitt is done.  But USF has a lot of answers to provide.  I think it was our member slick that said Leavitt "stonewalled" Miller, you ain't seen a stonewall until you see the University apparatus in motion. 

Who Cohen would sue remains to be seen.  There is so much gross incompetence and unethical behavior to go around, it might take him a while to decide.  He better get one straight story from his client first.

• Content Count:  720

I think that most on here owe Erskin an apology as well as the others that we all know who they are as well.

What does this say about the character of some of the players that said they personally saw Leavitt grab him by the "shoulder pads" just to motivate him?

• Content Count:  1,757

Investigation conclusion seems to be spot on.

Miller is saying through his attorney that Leavitt did strike him and that he lied to cover for him. Finally confirmation for all of those wondering that this did in fact happen.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan/10/110628/usf-player-hires-cohen-attorney/sports-colleges-bulls/

We are to believe Joel Miller now?  He now speaks the truth through Barry Cohen?

Archived