Waters leaves team

Guest HowieP1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Greg Brittian didn't leave... he was declared ineligible to play after a little incidental extra help from one of our board members. Bullieve me... Brittian wanted to play here... He's a great kid that made a stupid mistake and would've had a monster senior year. Wish he would've come clean initially... maybe he would've got a second chance to get back on the court!

Wanna point one thing out here Sheriff.  If you don't blame Seth for Brittain not finishing at USF then you can't blame CRM for Yussef Baker's removall.  Both had off the court issues which required dismissal.  That's just how I feel about it.  Just feel both coaches should get the same treatment/respect.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Velcro

• The Sheriff

• BullDoug

• bigbull

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

I just wonder how many different D1 teams have this problem with players leaving when the season starts? Howie, we need ya on this one.

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

Brittian got kicked off the team because his girlfriend lied to me when she asked me to proofread a paper that she told me he wrote.  Turned out he didn't write it... she did.  I had no idea, and the NCAA and USF agreed I had no idea.  The "incidental help" from one of our board members (me)was completely unintentional.  The reason he got kicked off the team is because his girlfriend who worked with me in the athletic department wrote his paper for him, and I doubt it was the first one.

All I did was move a couple commas and periods (seriously).  I was a writer for the Bulls Club (and still do things for them as a writer on the side), so she asked me to proof it the same way I proof tons of stuff that goes out of that office.  That's all that happened.  And that's the truth.

If you've got any questions, ask me.  Sorry, I'm a little sensitive about this one:)

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,772
  • Days Won:  19

It's ALL Colline's fault! He wrote the paper and was the #1 man who wanted to get rid of Seth  ;D! Come on Collin... I knew you knew the story... I just couldn't remember exactly how it went.

Brittian I believe got suspended by the school for the year... not by Seth for the year. Yusef though, and my memory may be short in my old age, did not got suspended by the school for the year, but did have issues with Mac and bolted when they couldn't come to terms. Either way... both were huge losses at the time!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If a player is on a team, then there is a coaching change and that player doesn't like the new system and leaves... good riddance... we need players that fit the system that is being built.  Anyone who doesn't fit is going to just be a problem their entire career anyway and hold the team back.  It was addition by subtraction.  It sucks to lose someone so talented, but what happened happend and we need to move forward, as with waters, kelvin brown, brittain, etc etc

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,503

I don't know that Waters falls into the same group as Brown,Brittan etc.  Long term they all go down as players leaving the program but the reasons they left culd be far different.  Like sorry I am late for work my garage door opener is electric didn't work and cann't get my car out versus my truck just got towed away after the five car pile up I was involved in on I-4.  Your late for work either way but one was tough luck and the other is one of the funniest excuses I ever heard.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

oh well

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

oh well

smazza,

Based on your profession and background, I have to imagine that you are an intelligent, articulate person.  

Why in the world doesn't that come through in your posts?  Typos aside, your posts have no grammatical structure.  Do you speak this way?

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382

Why is it that when ever a player leaves the basketball team it's for "personal reasons" or "off court issues"?  Does this seem strange to any one else?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

because the reason may not be something that is any of our business whatsoever.  The player might not want us to know, for whatever reason.  Mosley let us know about the Cancer, but he didn't have to.

The "personal reasons" is just a generic statement used to protect the player's request for privacy.