Walt Harris Quotes

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

From the Pitt Official Site:

Will you use the 2001 South Florida game as motivation?

“Yes, I talked to our team yesterday and we spoke a little bit about that. Quite honestly, they were one of the better teams that we have played here. They were really good. They had a lot of good football players and they had a lot of Division I-A bounce backs and a lot of non-qualifiers; they had some guys that could play. Their quarterback played outstanding in that game and we beat ourselves a bit. A lot of our players weren’t there except for most of the seniors and juniors and of course the coaches.”

Do you think your team is better prepared to play South Florida now as opposed to September 6, when it was originally scheduled?

“That’s an answer that nobody knows. Obviously at the start of the year we were a lot younger team than USF. So I would say they would have some advantages but I wouldn’t count our players out because they have that fighting spirit. I think our football team identifies the difference between this year’s team and last year’s team. We’ve had a chance to grow and mature from that football team and each year your older players learn from each past year. This is a different team with a different style of leadership and different players, players that no one had heard about or believed in except for our staff.”

What are observations on South Florida?

“I think they have a great runner. They are physical up front and they have a couple of other guys that spell that outstanding runner. He’s an outstanding player. That always scares you because of the situation we’re in. This is a must win for us. They can throw caution to the wind. They have players, some of which we tried to recruit. They have a good offensive system. I’m impressed with the quickness of their defense. They play man-to-man and that’s always a challenge.”

What are your thoughts on the South Florida defense?

“The strength of their defense is that they overload against the run and they put the heat on you trying to throw the ball. They bring their safeties and make you try to defeat their corners, which has been difficult for a lot of teams.”

The Rest of his babble

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

A lot of our players weren’t there except for most of the seniors and juniors and of course the coaches.â€Â
???

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

“The strength of their defense is that they overload against the run and they put the heat on you trying to throw the ball. They bring their safeties and make you try to defeat their corners, which has been difficult for a lot of teams.â€Â

What f_ucken games has this guy been watching? Our defense has been annihilated on the pass! I hope our players play like he thinks they're playing!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,799
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

They had a lot of good football players and they had a lot of Division I-A bounce backs and a lot of non-qualifiers

What an arse  >:( You could probably put this amount on 1 hand ... with 1 finger left ... and we know which finger.

::sick::

Guy makes me sick.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

just some more locker room material for our guys :)  go bulls, kick pitts arse

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

What an arse  >:( You could probably put this amount on 1 hand ... with 1 finger left ... and we know which finger.

::sick::

Guy makes me sick.

Go BULLS !!!

Yeah, and of all the names called for the Bulls on TDs and sacks, I don't recall many being in that category.