rutgers fan's perspective on st pete

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,131
  • Days Won:  172

Just some observations from St. Pete on UCF:

1. Kudos for the tremendous support the alumni and students are to this team.  Tons and tons of fans and an amazing tilgate tent and activities.

2. While we are extremely bitter (or at least I am) with the NY media (and NJ's rags), UCF is very bitter with regard to the Big East.  However, many fans we met before, during and the next day want so badly to join the big east.  They were desperate to perform well partly because they have not won a bowl game yet, but to show the ESPN world they belong (which I think they are a fine team).

3. UCF has tremendous hatred towards their brothers from Tampa, USF.  My gosh it is amazing.  They do not even play USF during season - just Miami.

4. After the game, the 'younger' fans, students, basically taunted us on our way to the car and all I heard was "Big East' - pretty pathetic, but understand their frustration.  I said "we are not your problem - plus look at the scoreboard".

5. Many of the fans from UCF are very nice - we got alot of congrats from the adult fans, they have tons of car magnets and flags.  I told several fans that  basically, "believe me, Rutgers did NOT take UCF lightly, knowing their defensive rush prowess and several key explosive offensive players and someone with pedigree such as O'Leary.

In summary, I felt their 'pain' with regard to "not getting respect" from others.  Also, in summary, a great weekend!

• Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

1. Kudos for the tremendous support the alumni and students are to this team.  Tons and tons of fans and an amazing tilgate tent and activities.

2. While we are extremely bitter (or at least I am) with the NY media (and NJ's rags), UCF is very bitter with regard to the Big East.  However, many fans we met before, during and the next day want so badly to join the big east.  They were desperate to perform well partly because they have not won a bowl game yet, but to show the ESPN world they belong (which I think they are a fine team).

3. UCF has tremendous hatred towards their brothers from Tampa, USF.  My gosh it is amazing.  They do not even play USF during season - just Miami.

4. After the game, the 'younger' fans, students, basically taunted us on our way to the car and all I heard was "Big East' - pretty pathetic, but understand their frustration.  I said "we are not your problem - plus look at the scoreboard".

5. Many of the fans from UCF are very nice - we got alot of congrats from the adult fans, they have tons of car magnets and flags.  I told several fans that  basically, "believe me, Rutgers did NOT take UCF lightly, knowing their defensive rush prowess and several key explosive offensive players and someone with pedigree such as O'Leary.

In summary, I felt their 'pain' with regard to "not getting respect" from others.  Also, in summary, a great weekend!

so you're a rutgers fan...that explains alot. Here I was thinking you were a USC fan.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I know USC and Rutgers both share the color red.  Were you confused or just off the meds for a day?

• Content Count:  2,493
  • Days Won:  1

I really hope you cut and pasted that info and didnt type it directly and those arent your own opinions......that would be bad

• Content Count:  2,995
  • Days Won:  4

i'm quite sure he cut and pasted.

reminds me of rutgersAl on the espn boards saying rutgers is the USC of the east  :D

1. ucf has great tailgates and their fans are very passionate. more than usf to be honest, but years of sucking ass helps any formations of bandwagoners.

2. why are they bitter? for getting passed up for c-usa teams back when the BE took new teams? they were in the mac then, and the c-usa > mac, and still does. they'll get their time. unfortunately, their shot to prove themselves fell way short. they need a QB and a more consistent offense.

3. bitter, party of one.

4. younger fans from all schools are dipshits. miami, usf, ucf...etc. they're usually the drunker ones too.

5. ucf fans in general are legit. they're cool florida people after all. the older folks will always be a bit more reserved.

• Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

you know he cut and pasted it. 1st clue is the use of periods. 2nd clue is they're complete sentences. 3rd is there are more than 3 lines.  ;D

I know USC and Rutgers both share the color red.  Were you confused or just off the meds for a day?

colors are different pal

I really hope you cut and pasted that info and didnt type it directly and those arent your own opinions......that would be bad

wasnt that clear

Archived