Poll: Rutgers or UCF in SPB on Saturday

IncrediBULL

Which Team do you want to win in the St Pete Bowl on Saturday?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75,712
  • Days Won:  436

I just want to point out that this all started because Dougie was too stupid to understand an earlier conversation on this thread and jumped in with totally irrelevant information ... totally inaccurate information at that. When the irrelevancy was pointed out, he comes back with the delightfully witty "RU is USF's daddy" .... which is totally true when talking head to head meetings. I just lamented that i wished that our daddy brought a little more to the table, like a conference championship and/or wins over ranked ooc BCS teams ... heck, even pathetic old USF has wins over ranked ooc BCS teams.  ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

I love how you say "against all the OTHER" BE teams.  The difference being that RU is 4-1 against USF.  And handed out the first conference shut out since Temple left.  Decidedly superior.  USF is the mediocre team... RU's 20 conference wins since 2005 are third behind only WVU (27) and Cincinnati (23).  In fact, RU was ahead of Cincinnati before some time within the current season.  4th place is Pitt with 19, then USF is 5th with 17.  Like the other poster said, RU is 4-1 against you, 4-1 against Pitt, 4-1 against UCONN, 4-1 vs 'cuse, 3-2 vs Louisville, and 1-4 vs Cincinnati (not 0-5 like he stated).

Summing all of that up, RU is 1) behind only WVU and Cincinnati in conference victories, 2) has a winning head to head record against everyone but WVU and Cincinnati, 3) is 4-1 in bowls vs USF's 2-2 (with USF's fifth to be decided shortly), 4) consistently beats USF head to head.  I'd say that USF is the mediocre team, and RU is firmly the third best team in the BE.  Though Brian Kelly is now gone, so the pecking order will be changing.  We'll see how it goes for each team.

I'm glad you love it! It illustrates how USF & RU compared against the rest of the BE. I never said it changes the fact that RU is 4-1 against the Bulls.

Both USF and RU finished the 2009 season with 3-4 records, so both are mediocre as far as the BE goes.

USF has zero BE titles, how many does your "decidedly superior" Scarlett Knights have?

How many BE teams ranked above RU in the standings did they beat this year?

USF has beaten WVU in 3 out of 5 games and never lost to bottom dweller Cuse, so how come the "superior" RU can't say the same? 

Decidedly superior, only in your dreams. 

USF vs UC 1-4

RUT vs UC 1-4

USF vs Pitt 2-3

RUT vs Pitt 4-1

USF vs WVU 3-2

RUT vs WVU 0-5

USF vs UL 3-2

RUT vs UL 3-2

USF vs RUT 1-4

RUTvs USF 4-1

USF vs UConn 2-3

RUT vs UConn 4-1

USF vs Cuse 5-0

RUT vs Cuse 4-1

RU vs USF: 4-1

RU in bowl games: 4-1

RU in football APR: 980

RU in on campus stadium: check

The only reason 'cuse beat RU this year is because they made it their superbowl.  The same kind of "win this game and shut them up" smack talk that came from your team, except they actually backed it up.

But USF does beat WVU.  I'll give you that.  Beyond WVU, however, the only place USF is better than RU is at player chokings.

When a team has beaten you 4 of 5, for the last 4 straight years, hands you your first conference shutout ever, how is that not decidedly superior?  Even if all else remains the same (which it's not; RU has almost 20% more BE wins over the same amount of time), I say that establishes superiority.  Throw in a much better bowl record and it's not hard to see which team is better coached and better prepared, and consequently better overall.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

vm,

No one is arguing that we are Rutgers' b***h.  We just hate it for two reasons; no one likes being owned by another team, and because of your record outside of us.  If you were a dominant team overall, we still wouldn't like being owned, but it wouldn't hurt quite as bad.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

BTW, while your stadium is technically on campus, it is on a satellite campus and about 30 miles from the main one.

• Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

BTW, while your stadium is technically on campus, it is on a satellite campus and about 30 miles from the main one.

wrong.  the stadium is on busch campus in new brunswick (our main campus).  30 miles from our main campus is manhattan.

RU has three campuses... new brunswick (the main campus, organized as busch, livingston, college avenue, and douglass campuses), newark, and camden.  the stadium is in busch campus new brunswick.

the satellite campuses (newark, camden) have their own distinct D2 sports teams, known as the scarlet raiders (newark) and scarlet raptors (camden).  the rutgers scarlet knights are D1/FBS and play on campus, in new brunswick, so please stop giving out false information.

Archived