Poll: Rutgers or UCF in SPB on Saturday

IncrediBULL

Which Team do you want to win in the St Pete Bowl on Saturday?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  209
  • Days Won:  0

Go Big East ... simple.

It really is that simple ...

Yes, especially with talks of B10 expansion. Don't want UCF to say that they should be in the BE because they beat a BE team.

Have they beaten a BCS opponent since we joined the BE?

I think the only one is NC State ...

Since USF joined the BE in '05, Rutgers is 3-3 against BCS teams.  They Beat Maryland '09, UNC '06 and NC St. '08 in a bowl, but lose to Maryland '07, UNC '08 and Arizona St. '05 in the Insight Bowl.

What does Rutgers record against BCS teams have to do with UCF?  Reading comprehension much? 

I hadn't read the entire thread.  I thought the question was about RU record against BCS schools since USF entered the BE.  As for reading comprehension that is a lost fact on this board because you and other USF fans can't get pass the fact RU is USF's daddy.

I don't think it's the fact that RU is our daddy that perturbs us as much as we just wish our daddy could beat up more than just us .... THAT's the part we can;t get past.

Actually RU does beat more than just USF.  RU's problem is Cincy (0-5) and WVU (0-5) the last 5 seasons.  Meanwhile, the last 5 seasons RU is 4-1 against Uconn, 4-1 against SU, 4-1 against Pitt, and 3-2 against UL.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,712
  • Days Won:  436

Go Big East ... simple.

Yes, especially with talks of B10 expansion. Don't want UCF to say that they should be in the BE because they beat a BE team.

Since USF joined the BE in '05, Rutgers is 3-3 against BCS teams.  They Beat Maryland '09, UNC '06 and NC St. '08 in a bowl, but lose to Maryland '07, UNC '08 and Arizona St. '05 in the Insight Bowl.

What does Rutgers record against BCS teams have to do with UCF?  Reading comprehension much? 

I hadn't read the entire thread.  I thought the question was about RU record against BCS schools since USF entered the BE.  As for reading comprehension that is a lost fact on this board because you and other USF fans can't get pass the fact RU is USF's daddy.

I don't think it's the fact that RU is our daddy that perturbs us as much as we just wish our daddy could beat up more than just us .... THAT's the part we can;t get past.

Actually RU does beat more than just USF.  RU's problem is Cincy (0-5) and WVU (0-5) the last 5 seasons.  Meanwhile, the last 5 seasons RU is 4-1 against Uconn, 4-1 against SU, 4-1 against Pitt, and 3-2 against UL.

That's exactly my point. It wouldn't be that bad to be owned by somebody decent but Rutgers overall body of work just ain't that good ....

Go Big East ... simple.

That's exactly my point. It wouldn't be that bad to be owned by somebody decent but Rutgers overall body of work just ain't that good ....

Take a look in the mirror because it holds true more so for USF than Rutgers.  Every year USF starts out 5-0 only to crash and finish most years 7-5.  Talk about over hyped and over rated, then you can only be USF.

RU, Uconn and Pitt all own USF *ss.  For the record RU has one of the better overall records in the BE since '05 and they win bowls games now.  The same can't be said about USF with some ugly showing in the Sun Bowl against Oregeon (56-21) and NC St. (14-0).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,712
  • Days Won:  436

Go Big East ... simple.

Take a look in the mirror because it holds true more so for USF than Rutgers.  Every year USF starts out 5-0 only to crash and finish most years 7-5.  Talk about over hyped and over rated, then you can only be USF.

RU, Uconn and Pitt all own USF *ss.  For the record RU has one of the better overall records in the BE since '05 and they win bowls games now.  The same can't be said about USF with some ugly showing in the Sun Bowl against Oregeon (56-21) and NC St. (14-0).

Pay attention. This isn't about looking into a mirror. It's about valuing our daddy's overall program. Rutgers has won the same amount of BE championships as USF has ... ZERO. The last time you beat WVU, the unofficial flagship of the conference, they were wearing leather helmets. Since 2005 you've got ZERO wins against ooc ranked BCS teams ... I'll repeat it again, it sucks to be owned by a program whose OVERALL body of work just ain't that good.

Go Big East ... simple.

Pay attention. This isn't about looking into a mirror. It's about valuing our daddy's overall program. Rutgers has won the same amount of BE championships as USF has ... ZERO. The last time you beat WVU, the unofficial flagship of the conference, they were wearing leather helmets. Since 2005 you've got ZERO wins against ooc ranked BCS teams ... I'll repeat it again, it ***** to be owned by a program whose OVERALL body of work just ain't that good.

Keep twisting it anyway you want just to feel good.  The overall body of work for USF smell like **** too.  People who always find fault with others usually have low self esteem... see USF fans. ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Content Count:  22

Go Big East ... simple.

Pay attention. This isn't about looking into a mirror. It's about valuing our daddy's overall program. Rutgers has won the same amount of BE championships as USF has ... ZERO. The last time you beat WVU, the unofficial flagship of the conference, they were wearing leather helmets. Since 2005 you've got ZERO wins against ooc ranked BCS teams ... I'll repeat it again, it ***** to be owned by a program whose OVERALL body of work just ain't that good.

The overall body of work for USF smell like **** too. 

Agreed.

Guest Sunburned

Year * Team * BE * OOC * Bowl * Overall

2005: USF * 4-3 * 2-2 * 0-1 * 6-6

2005: RUT * 4-3 * 3-1 * 0-1 * 7-5

2006: USF * 4-3 * 4-1 * 1-0 * 9-4

2006: RUT * 5-2 * 5-0 * 1-0 * 11-2

2007: USF * 4-3 * 5-0 * 0-1 * 9-4

2007: RUT * 3-4 * 4-1 * 1-0 * 8-5

2008: USF * 2-5 * 5-0 * 1-0 * 8-5

2008: RUT * 5-2 * 2-3 * 1-0 * 8-5

2009: USF * 3-4 * 4-1 * TBP  * 7-5

2009: RUT * 3-4 * 5-0 * 1-0 * 9-4

Total: USF * 17-18 * 20-4 * 2-2 * 39-24

Total: RUT * 20-15 * 19-5 * 4-1 * 42-22

TBP = To be played.

USF and Rutgers have exactly the same total win-loss record (16-14) against all the other teams in the Big East (2005-2009).  Both are mediocre BE teams.

Note corrected errors in RUT 2005 OCC and Bowl Game, and adjusted totals.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

USF and Rutgers have exactly the same total win-loss record (16-14) against all the other teams in the Big East (2005-2009).  Both are mediocre BE teams.

It is hard to refute this statement, from any USF fan.  We are mediocre and middle of the pack, as proven since we joined the BE. 

Our goal shoudl be clear, to finish in the top 3 each year, and to eventually win a BE championship.  If we can do that, the rest will take care of itself (decent bowls, winning season, national rankings, etc). 

• Content Count:  30

Year * Team * BE * OOC * Bowl * Overall

2005: USF * 4-3 * 2-2 * 0-1 * 6-6

2005: RUT * 4-3 * 3-1 * 0-1 * 7-5

2006: USF * 4-3 * 4-1 * 1-0 * 9-4

2006: RUT * 5-2 * 5-0 * 1-0 * 11-2

2007: USF * 4-3 * 5-0 * 0-1 * 9-4

2007: RUT * 3-4 * 4-1 * 1-0 * 8-5

2008: USF * 2-5 * 5-0 * 1-0 * 8-5

2008: RUT * 5-2 * 2-3 * 1-0 * 8-5

2009: USF * 3-4 * 4-1 * TBP  * 7-5

2009: RUT * 3-4 * 5-0 * 1-0 * 9-4

Total: USF * 17-18 * 20-4 * 2-2 * 39-24

Total: RUT * 20-15 * 19-5 * 4-1 * 42-22

TBP = To be played.

Note corrected errors in RUT 2005 OCC and Bowl Game, and adjusted totals.

I love how you say "against all the OTHER" BE teams.  The difference being that RU is 4-1 against USF.  And handed out the first conference shut out since Temple left.  Decidedly superior.  USF is the mediocre team... RU's 20 conference wins since 2005 are third behind only WVU (27) and Cincinnati (23).  In fact, RU was ahead of Cincinnati before some time within the current season.  4th place is Pitt with 19, then USF is 5th with 17.  Like the other poster said, RU is 4-1 against you, 4-1 against Pitt, 4-1 against UCONN, 4-1 vs 'cuse, 3-2 vs Louisville, and 1-4 vs Cincinnati (not 0-5 like he stated).

Summing all of that up, RU is 1) behind only WVU and Cincinnati in conference victories, 2) has a winning head to head record against everyone but WVU and Cincinnati, 3) is 4-1 in bowls vs USF's 2-2 (with USF's fifth to be decided shortly), 4) consistently beats USF head to head.  I'd say that USF is the mediocre team, and RU is firmly the third best team in the BE.  Though Brian Kelly is now gone, so the pecking order will be changing.  We'll see how it goes for each team.

Guest Sunburned

I love how you say "against all the OTHER" BE teams.  The difference being that RU is 4-1 against USF.  And handed out the first conference shut out since Temple left.  Decidedly superior.  USF is the mediocre team... RU's 20 conference wins since 2005 are third behind only WVU (27) and Cincinnati (23).  In fact, RU was ahead of Cincinnati before some time within the current season.  4th place is Pitt with 19, then USF is 5th with 17.  Like the other poster said, RU is 4-1 against you, 4-1 against Pitt, 4-1 against UCONN, 4-1 vs 'cuse, 3-2 vs Louisville, and 1-4 vs Cincinnati (not 0-5 like he stated).

Summing all of that up, RU is 1) behind only WVU and Cincinnati in conference victories, 2) has a winning head to head record against everyone but WVU and Cincinnati, 3) is 4-1 in bowls vs USF's 2-2 (with USF's fifth to be decided shortly), 4) consistently beats USF head to head.  I'd say that USF is the mediocre team, and RU is firmly the third best team in the BE.  Though Brian Kelly is now gone, so the pecking order will be changing.  We'll see how it goes for each team.

I'm glad you love it! It illustrates how USF & RU compared against the rest of the BE. I never said it changes the fact that RU is 4-1 against the Bulls.

Both USF and RU finished the 2009 season with 3-4 records, so both are mediocre as far as the BE goes.

USF has zero BE titles, how many does your "decidedly superior" Scarlett Knights have?

How many BE teams ranked above RU in the standings did they beat this year?

USF has beaten WVU in 3 out of 5 games and never lost to bottom dweller Cuse, so how come the "superior" RU can't say the same? 

Decidedly superior, only in your dreams. 

USF vs UC 1-4

RUT vs UC 1-4

USF vs Pitt 2-3

RUT vs Pitt 4-1

USF vs WVU 3-2

RUT vs WVU 0-5

USF vs UL 3-2

RUT vs UL 3-2

USF vs RUT 1-4

RUTvs USF 4-1

USF vs UConn 2-3

RUT vs UConn 4-1