Poll: Rutgers or UCF in SPB on Saturday

IncrediBULL

Which Team do you want to win in the St Pete Bowl on Saturday?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,577
  • Days Won:  1

I don't see how you can root against Rutgers in this game.  And I HATE Rutgers.  Has nothing to do w/ UCF (well maybe a little)............we need Big East to win all of its bowl games.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,640
  • Days Won:  19

While I don't care much, I would likely pull for Rutgers because they are in the Big East and I have a friend in the sports information deparment there.  Still, I can almost guarantee that if Rutgers wins, it won't be by as much as they smashed us by.  I swear, no team in collegiate history has layed a bigger egg than we did that lovely Thursday night in Piscataway.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I hate both of them and don't see any good coming out of the game either way... however a UCF win would give them a "moral victory" over USF so I'm being forced to pull for Butgers  :'(

exactly.

they are already starting with the whole "i bet we dont lose to rutgers by 30"

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Besides being a USF grad, I have a degree from RU. During a USF/RU game I wear both colors. I get some funny looks, but most people ask or figure it out.  I will be proud to wear my Scarlet Red Jersey on Saturday. GO RU!

That's cool

I actually like Rutgers.  Just not playing them.  I had a great time in NJ even though we lost as the #2 team in the nation.  The fans were great (for the most part (students excluded)).

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

replay of memphis v usf on  at 3 today.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Definitely have to root for Rutgers now.

Douchbag, McMurphys prediction for the St. Pete bowl game tonight!!!!

Comment: Coach Greg Schiano is upset his Scarlet Knights (8-4) won't get the full allotment of practice time before playing UCF (8-4). Hey, it could be worse: you could be stuck in Jersey all week instead of sunny St. Petersburg. UCF, who desperately wants in the Big East, is 0-14 all-time vs. the Big East. Prediction: UCF 24-21

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/12/09/bowl-predictions-conspiracy-and-commentary/

• Content Count:  209

Go Big East ... simple.

It really is that simple ...

Yes, especially with talks of B10 expansion. Don't want UCF to say that they should be in the BE because they beat a BE team.

Have they beaten a BCS opponent since we joined the BE?

I think the only one is NC State ...

Since USF joined the BE in '05, Rutgers is 3-3 against BCS teams.  They Beat Maryland '09, UNC '06 and NC St. '08 in a bowl, but lose to Maryland '07, UNC '08 and Arizona St. '05 in the Insight Bowl.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Go Big East ... simple.

Yes, especially with talks of B10 expansion. Don't want UCF to say that they should be in the BE because they beat a BE team.

Since USF joined the BE in '05, Rutgers is 3-3 against BCS teams.  They Beat Maryland '09, UNC '06 and NC St. '08 in a bowl, but lose to Maryland '07, UNC '08 and Arizona St. '05 in the Insight Bowl.

What does Rutgers record against BCS teams have to do with UCF?  Reading comprehension much? 

• Content Count:  209

Go Big East ... simple.

What does Rutgers record against BCS teams have to do with UCF?  Reading comprehension much? 

I hadn't read the entire thread.  I thought the question was about RU record against BCS schools since USF entered the BE.  As for reading comprehension that is a lost fact on this board because you and other USF fans can't get pass the fact RU is USF's daddy.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,712
  • Days Won:  436

Go Big East ... simple.

I hadn't read the entire thread.  I thought the question was about RU record against BCS schools since USF entered the BE.  As for reading comprehension that is a lost fact on this board because you and other USF fans can't get pass the fact RU is USF's daddy.

I don't think it's the fact that RU is our daddy that perturbs us as much as we just wish our daddy could beat up more than just us .... THAT's the part we can;t get past.

Archived