To this imposter named Mary!!!!!

Bull Matrix

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,901
  • Days Won:  5

Chico "failed" at Arizona, but I am pretty sure that was right after he left USF. He then went to NC State and was Rivers' QB coach. He then went to the NY Jets and was their WR coach...the year Santana Moss looked like a true NFL WR and went to the pro-bowl. Sorry, but I don't think Chico had "no where else to turn".

I have seen the Sheriff talking about heated arguments between CJL and Wally. But, Burnham was here for what, 10 years? If it's that bad, he would have gone long before he did. He too had a good enough resume to get a better job.

In my experience, great coaches and leaders...

- are not best friends with everyone

- motivate individuals in different ways...some people need to be built up, some need to be yelled at, some people crumble if you tell them you're dissapointed. A great coach knows each of his players and what buttons to push. (Ken Eriksen is a wizard at this BTW, spent a lot of time with the softball program and saw him treat different players different ways to get their best)

- through a 4 year span...year 1 - players love him...year 2-3.5 - hatred starts to grow and festers until you decide that you don't care any more...year 3.5-5 - you have decided that you don't care, look at it objectively, and realize that coach is doing a hell of a job to get your best and everyone else's

- the longer you're at a place, the more you see (this is true in all facets of life)

If CJL is getting in heated arguments with his coaches, I have even more respect for him because he is not surrounding himself with "yes men". If he were, there would be no argument, the assistants would just do what they are told, and the team wouldn't improve, and the coaching staff would never get any better.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,037
  • Days Won:  29

I still shake my head at how "Dead Air" takes these type of callers as credible.

:Flossing

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I would not worry about Duemig hurting our local recruiting, I dont know any high schoolers listening to am radio

• Content Count:  10,280
  • Days Won:  2

I would not worry about Duemig hurting our local recruiting, I dont know any high schoolers listening to am radio

Actually this week recruiting got better haha

• Content Count:  1,985

I still shake my head at how "Dead Air" takes these type of callers as credible.

I sometimes wonder if these are "PHil Hendry" calls.  I really want him off the air in this market and get a local fan to be there. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,067
  • Days Won:  488

I sometimes wonder if these are "PHil Hendry" calls. 

I was thinking the same thing.

On a related note:

Duemig has people on using false names and towns (I guess that is to make McMurphy's use of anonymity mainstream in hit jobs), but  he doesn't distort their voices? 

How freaking stupid is that?

Like E.T., he could have called and said he was Raja from Bhopal, India and I would have said "Hey, that's E.T.!"  So if this "Mary" has anything to do with USF Football as she claims, her "cover" is blown.  I mean, how STUPID was that put on yesterday!

By the way as for real name and town.  I don't know what "Mary's" real name is but I have $10 that she's from Lakeland.

• Content Count:  5,901
  • Days Won:  5

I sometimes wonder if these are "PHil Hendry" calls. 

I was thinking the same thing.

On a related note:

Duemig has people on using false names and towns (I guess that is to make McMurphy's use of anonymity mainstream in hit jobs), but  he doesn't distort their voices? 

How freaking stupid is that?

Like E.T., he could have called and said he was Raja from Bhopal, India and I would have said "Hey, that's E.T.!"  So if this "Mary" has anything to do with USF Football as she claims, her "cover" is blown.  I mean, how STUPID was that put on yesterday!

By the way as for real name and town.  I don't know what "Mary's" real name is but I have $10 that she's from Lakeland.

There you have it, it must be Matt Grothe's mom, and she is afraid to speak out because she doesn't want MG to be benched

• Content Count:  1,204

I sometimes wonder if these are "PHil Hendry" calls.  I really want him off the air in this market and get a local fan to be there. 

Just replace Duemig with Justin Pawlowski and everything would be fine in the 3pm slot.

• Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

incident overblown

joel is a 21 year old adult who can handle his own problems.

he and leavitt are fine and leavitt has no ill will

expect him to be on scholarship soon.

• Content Count:  2,577
  • Days Won:  1

Phil Hendrie ruled.  I wish he still had his old show.  Absolute genius.

Archived