Leavitt's Jim Mora moment

hightechbull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

hey all. just to clear something up -- i wrote the short in today's paper, but i wasn't the reporter who asked the question of leavitt. sorry if it came off as that odd writing-about-myself-in-the-third person kind of thing. and it really isn't about being newsy as much as it is being amusing. you really have to hear leavitt to appreciate the humor in what he said.

greg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bullpride08

• The Sheriff

• The_Reaper

• BullDoug

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

oh if only we could get seth greenberg to come coach this football team maybe then we could barelly be over .500 every year

then we wouldn't have to put up with years like this

ps I am being sarcastic or am I  ::)

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

JL needs to take some action in the post season. ie FIRE THE OC and QB coach ASAP!

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

JL needs to take some action in the post season. ie FIRE THE OC and QB coach ASAP!

I am not a Hobbie and Smith fan, but if we fire them who do we get to replace them with?

How much are we going to pay our new offensive coordinator? do we pay him more than what we pay Kravitz? Frey? Burns?

That wouldn't be hard to do considering we are underpaying these guys by Big East standards.

So let's say we do pay the new offensive coordinator big bucks....what message does that send to the coaches that have been here since the beginning?

So perhaps you may say "oh well...see ya". If we clean house completely do we waste a  year in rebuilding recruiting connections? Do we waste a year while the new coaches bring in "their" kind of players and learn the existing players weakness and strengths?

Look....I am not particularly aiming this at you but some of guys are so torn up about our disappointing year that you are forgetting that making wholesale staff changes comes with a price.

The obvious price is the money required to pay assistants and if we do that the head coach deserves a raise b/c he is now at the bottom of the BE in salary. This is only going to get worse as Pitt and 'Cuse are going to have to pay nearly $900K plus to hire their new coaches. Even Schino makes more than LEavitt...which is sort of sad if you ask me.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Pitt and Cuse won't be hiring new coaches.

No way Pitt fires Harris after he turned the season around.

I think Coach P bought himself a year by upsetting BC but it will really depend on when the new AD is hired.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Crack what you will, but Hobbie did a superb coaching job this year.  

If you don't agree then you've not been watching the transformation of a solid offense.  You can be a bit ridiculous about it, and question a call or two, but a call or two didn't lose us either game, what lost us the past two games was a defense that is just too young to stop high powered offense, and a QB that's far to inconsistent to allow us to have a balanced offense.

Much of that responsibility falls squarely on Smith's shoulder's.  He's the QB coach, and passing game coordinator.  Smith's had Banks for five years, and PJ for a full three, and thus far improvement has been minimal, and in Bank's case he seems to be deteriorating.  Sure their knowledge of the offense is better but a QB coach must instill confidence, get rid of these throwing hitches, and make sure the QB's are thinking and reacting properly on the field.  I've seen none of that.

Crack on Hobbie, but that offense has looked great at times, and he's done a good job calling plays all year.  I was not his biggest fan last year, but you can't shoot him for calling plays that work.  Even times when we didn't execute on pass plays they were good calls- give me back 2/3's of the dropped passes, and the countless underthrows or overthrows by PJ.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

hey all. just to clear something up -- i wrote the short in today's paper, but i wasn't the reporter who asked the question of leavitt. sorry if it came off as that odd writing-about-myself-in-the-third person kind of thing. and it really isn't about being newsy as much as it is being amusing. you really have to hear leavitt to appreciate the humor in what he said.

greg

Greg,

I thought it was amusing...I would have loved to have been there - seemed like a classic JL moment in the making.  I thought the piece was funny.  Having sat through numerous JL press conferences, I understand and enjoy his style.  For someone that reads the black and white in the paper, a lot is left open to interpretation.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

I love the reporter's response: "We're not allowed to do that."

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Greg,

I thought it was amusing...I would have loved to have been there - seemed like a classic JL moment in the making.  I thought the piece was funny.  Having sat through numerous JL press conferences, I understand and enjoy his style.  For someone that reads the black and white in the paper, a lot is left open to interpretation.

Brad, is that really Auman?? ................ And as I stated earlier, CJL handled it beautifully. It was either that way or head butting the reporter. Personally, I would have liked him to do both.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Bien, That was sarcasim, right?  ??? I sure hope so! The offense has been all one person, Hall! If you call up the middle, up the middle pass, punt a good offensive scheme, we must not be on the same page. When he has put in misdirection, it works. When he abandons it, goes up the middle again, OR CALLS AN AUDIBLE WHEN HE JUST SETS UP A PLAY AT 4th and GOAL FROM THE ONE, THIS IS A GOOD PLAY AND PLAY CALLING? I choose to think not! Did you see the Offensive line look at the sidelines like they (the coaches) were nuts in that situation? It's things like this that is buggin everybody. The OC has gone far beyond the realm of reason and sanity. Sure we racked up 430+yds that game. But it's in the situation when it's a scoring chance that counts. He never sticks with what works. I think its an ego thing. He feels he's better than he is, where his reality is still at the HS ranks. The play calling shows it, and has all year and last. He has taken us as far as he's able to, which I am gratefull. But now he's in the big time. It's time to realize your shortcommings and buck up. Again, not crackin on them, but observing the honest truth!