There are coaches out there somewhere...

USFPDiddy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

That leavitt can replace the offensive staff with.  IF he does not do something about it, I will call for his head after another bad season.  Boosters will listen a season after that.

A good coach adapts to his mistake.  Only the greatest guys ever at the biggest programs have ducked  bad seasons entirely, but now we all have to watch what happens.  If there are no changes, the future is dark.  If there are, we have a great shot at becomming a top BE team.

There is talent.  We've had some good recruiting...now develop it dammit, or get somebody who knows how to play, i dont care how slow you think they are.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

ditto

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

To be honest, I think the USF basketball team is going to be good. I have alot of doubts right now for this football program in general. The support is not there. The community could care less about USF, so there is not going to be any pressure to change. It is becoming painfully obvious that USF football is going to be a bottom feeder in the BIG EAST. GO BASKETBULLS!!!! MAKE US PROUD!!!!

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

I am down after this game BUT there is no way USF will be a bottom feeder in football in BE. There is too much talent and with new facilities USF will do just fine recruiting. Attendance n support will come as we start winning again.

Right now, USF is near the bottom of the BIG EAST. My ranking of the new BIG EAST:

1)UL

2) Pitt

3) WVU

4) UCONN

5) SYRACUSE

6) CINCY

7) USF (IF WE ARE LUCKY TO BE BETTER THAN RUTGERS)

8)RUTGERS

That is how we stand right now IMO. USF is in for a hard time in football next season. I think USF needs to put more resources in basketball because we have more of an opportunity.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Cincy lost most of its team to graduation. Florida is a football state and its easier to recruit football players than basketball. Also more people wil support a winning football team than a basketball one

USF football is in for a rude awakening next season. I just dont see USF winning more than 2 Big East games next season. There will not be any East Carolina's on the conference schedule next year. The BIG EAST is not going to be a joke which is why USF is in big trouble. I think USF might start to compete in the BIG EAST in the year 2007 or 2008. Lets be realistic here because there wont be any gimme games. Both USF football and basketball have their work cut out for them. It should be fun, but it will take some time.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

bb2000-if what you say come true we need a new coach

with all the  talent in the state usf should not be a bottom feeder in big east

didn't we recruit better players than all big east teams last year

now that we are actually in big east i would think it would be easier to recruit

there is more opportunity in football than basketball

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

...I think USF might start to compete in the BIG EAST in the year 2007 or 2008. Lets be realistic here because there wont be any gimme games. Both USF football and basketball have their work cut out for them. It should be fun, but it will take some time....

Yep...couldn't agree more.  That's the common sense approach to how things are going to shake out...but I guarantee...come next fall... you'll see predictions on this board of USF losing maybe or two games.  Gotta understand how this machine runs, fellas.  8)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

USF will compete next year... Hall will be back... We'll have a new QB... The defense will be a year older, and most of the starters will return... Peyton and Green will return...

Pitt and WVU will be the toughest, but at least we get WVU at home... U Conn, Rutgers, and even Syracuse should be beatable...

Wins: Penn State, FAMU, UCF, Cincy, Rutgers, U Conn

Losses: Pittsburgh

Toss Ups: Louisville, West Virginia, Syracuse

At least 6-4... with one more OOC game to be scheduled.