On another negative note,

BullDoug

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

it isn't fair weather fans... as much as it is weighing being with family vs leaving family early to come back and watch a football game that most people think is hopeless.  if they were fair weather fans, you would have seen no one show up for anything after Army.  You guys are underestimating the affect that a holiday weekend has on athletics... we had HUGE hype for basketball back when Tennessee came into the sun dome for the Dodge shootout over winter break, but turnout was very poor... That was the year BB and Vincent Yarborough were dueling it out as Diaper Dandies.  If i was in town i would have been there... but it was apparent from the ESPN broadcast that most people didn't show up.  Is that because we were fair weather fans?  no... holidays and schedule changes play havoc with attendance #'s...always have always will.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BULLheaded

• BullDoug

• sdgukhsdgl

• Bull Matrix

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

just a fair warning coming from one of the most dedicated students....  I am REALLY considering watching the game on TV next weekend to allow more time for studying since it is right before finals and 11am again which takes away a significant part of the day by the time I would actually get home and in a studying frame of mind...

just my two cents...  rip away about how im not dedicated and only a fairweather fan... i could care less

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

...i could care less

Exactly especially if you spend 3-4 hrs in Ybor between 10pm to 2am Sat. nite.  Bull83, if you need 8 hrs Saturday and Sunday to study for finals then your excuse is a good one.  JMO.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

the could care less comment was referring to the numerous posts i expected to follow about how i was a fair weather fan and what is wrong with out fan base garbage

Ybor??  havent been there in several years... MANY better places to go now... Channelside, Hyde Park, etc

two finals Monday, one tuesday and one thursday.... so yes i will be studying all weekend

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

Screw the tailgating USFBULL83... take a four hour study break. Unless it's like Organic Chemistry, Corporate Finance, or something crazy outrageous like that where you really need to play catch up, I wouldn't recommend missing the game. You really only lose four hours off to make the trip and catch the game. And then back to studying you go... I had decent grades... 3.4 GPA... so it's not like I'm a complete degenerate leading you down the wrong path. If I told you to drink... then you might question my judgement.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

If I told you to drink... then you might question my judgement.

It worked for you didn't it?   ;D

I work in a bar Brad! That Finance degree is about as useful as Andy Katzenmoyer's degree in Underwater Basket Weaving! Did it really work for me?  ;D Stop by tomorrow night during the Monday night game... I got a free bar tab and some drinks for you written all over it!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

I guess it didn't work for you...

I meant the drinking while studying, drinking before studying, etc (part of the chick/tent scene  :o).  and you still had a 3.4 - the whole time working to put yourself through school and attending **** near every athletic event at USF and many on the road - building school pride and spirit that many will not soon forget.

All right... I'm ready to go back and get a second degree! Maybe I can get a PhD while I'm out here and go back and teach!