• Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Who is Chad Barnhardt

:o

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Yes we have a large number of alumni in Tampa area BUT USF has not developed an alumni that has grown up supporting athletics. It will take time to have students that have gone to USF SUPPORING their football team. I know most of the alumni thast i know from the early 80's doesnt even follow USF athletics.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I will be there. However, this terrible bandwagon city wont be there. The Tampa Bay community are very bad sports fans. They only support a winning, and USF is not a winner right now. The next time I hear some nitwit in this Tampa Bay area critize fan support of other teams, I will remind them of how they support their local college and baseball teams. Tampa Bay is nothing but a bunch of bandwagon AHOLES!!! That is all I have to say about that.

not that I disagree with you because your pretty accurate here BUT...... aside from the die hards football is still nothing more then entertainment to most people and frankly the Bulls right now are not very entertaining to watch. This game was boring, painfull and discusting and I'd hardly use the description "entertaining" in any way shape or form to describe what I've seen most of this year. Shoot, all I could think about was how I should just leave before I started ripping seats out of the concrete but instead I kept telling myself....naw I'll stay since we need someone in the stands to support this team. With only 8 years of history we will unfortunately have to live and die by the "casual" fan since we have no die hard base and there is no way a casual fan would enjoy laying out the money it takes for tickets. parking and high priced food/drink to witness the mess that is going on the field right now. Ask yourself this honestly, if you were an alumni from a different school would you really spend the cash to see this type of ball just because the college is local?

Now on the other hand, the **** students should be showing up. This is their school and they get in for free, I was as discusted looking at the empty (and I mean COMPLETELY frickin empty) student section as I was the game. If the students can't support THEIR team then IMO they don't deserve to have a winner...gotta take the bad with the good and unfortunately it appears our students are unwilling to do so.

ugh...I told myself I wouldn't post anything until I had a few days to cool off, oh well should have known that wouldn't work.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

why can't it always be like that first game

we dominated our opponent and the stands were packed

we simply didn't keep up recruiting necessary to consistenly compete at  our  current level of competition

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

Now, now boys....let's put on our thinking caps.

1. The student section was empty because IT WAS THANKSGIVING WEEKEND...the dorms are empty...it's the premier travel weekend of the year. Sad but true, there's more to autumn than South Florida Football. And I'm relatively certain that having a game at 11:00 in the #@^* morning did not inspire student thinking along the lines of "hey...let's get our collective asses out bed three hours earlier than normal so we can go to a ball game".  A lot of these students don't stop puking until 9:30 or 10:00, so showing up early isn't in the cards.

2.  Our first game...we pounded a weak-ass high-school team into submission. The stands were packed because it was new. You've got some folks, I swear to God, who wanted to see USF play the big three within three years! This "I want it now" line of thinking is going to drive you nuts. Until such time as you get it into your noggin that  there's gonna be ups and downs  and this is a long term investment...

Face it fellas, we were blinded by the light. We were a IA team masquerading as a IAA team for years, then we played CDOA  to the middle of the pack.  Want to dominate opponents like we did the first game? We can do that. We just drop back down to IAA and square off against Drake, Charleston Southern, Davidson...Want to dominate opponents the same way, but have them come from the IA ranks...well, get comfortable, cause that ain't happening for years.

As for attendance: feel free to take me out back and shoot me. When I was a student at USF, I did not attend one single basketball game. Not one!  I' just hit one or two per year now.  There's a difference between alumni of Drive-Thru-U and the alumni which you would think would follow the Bulls. You've got thousands of alumni who don't give a crap about the Bulls, because the f'ball team was nonexistant when they went to school. The sort of following you want takes many alumni generations to produce. So far you've had seven.  :P

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Every single, solitary post I make on this board is directed squarely at YOU! First thing I do when I roll out of bed on Saturdays is say to myself ... "What can I, as a lone individual, do today to poke and jab  - with reckless abandon - Bulldougs football sensitivities".  ;D

Awesome...never had a stalker before.  Just wish my first had bosoms & a tight cute arse.  And yes Wooly, your arse may be attractive to the opposite sex but I was referring to the hairless female variety  ;D.

In regards to Bulldoug's sensitivities...just wear Bucs, Dolphins, Gator, 'Cane or Seminole gear to a USF home game and I become a raving lunatic...internally that is.

As for the students not showing up, how many actually live in the Tampa Bay area at Mom & Dad's or live in apartments that are from FL.  It must just be a small group these days.  It also proves USF is closer to the same tier as UCF when it comes to fan support than the big 3.  A percentage UF & FSU students usually return to school for a game.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

It also proves USF is closer to the same tier as UCF when it comes to fan support than the big 3.  A percentage UF & FSU students usually return to school for a game.

A great point! And there's nothing wrong with admitting that.

What drives me nuts is the board rats who honest-to-god think that USF is the next UF/FSU/UM.  Scream and yell...rant and rave about attendance. Welll shucks....what's our season ticket base? Less than 20K....we have less than 20K in season ticket sales and we complain about attendance?  Keep pulling these schedule changes and opting for these 11:00 game times...you're gonna see it get worse before it gets better. :P