And then depression and hopelessness...

BullDoug

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

set in.  Almost all my fears for this season came true.  This yr. it appears all the preseason prognosticators were correct.  All that's left is a game vs. the BE BCS representative.  OMG!  I havta give 4 hrs of my Saturday next week to watch a team mailing in the rest of the season.

It is not entertaining to watch the FootBulls.  Where did the D go?  The QB can't complete his progressions, see open WRs, nor hit a WR in stride.  Why does an OC start a game so one dimensional.  Poor Andre Hall and Johnny Peyton.

Why didn't USF recruit more QBs?  What happened to the five 400 lb bench pressing OL?  Oh fer three on 4 & 1.  BP doesn't mean crap when it comes to run blocking especially when your O is one dimensional.  And this team is soft defensively  :-[.  Gibson, Simpson, Camon make me ill.  Verpaele just scares me.

The FootBulls are young but I don't think they can turn it around in one yr.  Its gonna take a potential all conference QB and Tim Jones being as good as Shurron Pierson was only against tuffer competition.  USF cannot open the season with PJ behind center next yr.  I have a sick feeling in my stomach and I don't think Pepto Bismal nor the men's BasketBulls are gonna cure it.  :(

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WoolyBully

• BullDoug

• Bull Matrix

• ChiTownBull

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

I have a sick feeling in my stomach  Ã‚ :(

welcome to usf athletics

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Keep the faith guys.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

...and we're joining the Big East next year! The future looks bright.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Keep the faith guys.

easier said than done.... i will always bleed green and gold but i will not say i am confident we will become part of the big 4 anytime soon.

I also think the big east will lose its automatic bcs bid unles l'ville can keep up this pace next season.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I never thought we'd be there soon.  I'm sure we will get there.  If we get our QB position upgraded, I'm sure we'll be competitive next season.

Guest HowieP1

I'm sure Memphis would rather trade places with USF and go to the Big East next year rather than win today and stay in CDOA.

Let's try and keep things in perspective.

The future is bright regardless of what happened this year.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

faith if jl fires oc and qb coach

if not despair!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

I'm sure Memphis would rather trade places with USF and go to the Big East next year rather than win today and stay in CDOA.

Let's try and keep things in perspective.

The future is bright regardless of what happened this year.

Memphis should be coming to the BCS NBE.  The Tigers can thank the BE basketball schools for being excluded.  

The BCS will be defunct by the time the NBE's BE status can be re-evaluated.  Playoffs are coming in the next decade.  If its not, IMO the NBE will not be excluded, the MWC, WAC, and maybe the CUSA may gain some kind of partial membership.  If BCS kills the NBE they will not have a majority of the D1 schools as members.  That would bode badly for the ACC, SEC, Big10, Big12, & PAC10.  Those conferences add up to 57.  With the BE, the total is 65.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

This was a lame duck year to start, so I am not concerned right now. If USF cant turn it around next season then it will be time to panic.  USF will be fine with a good QB. USF has not had a good QB since the days of Blackwell and Barnhardt. Hell, I will even take Glen Gauntt right now, and that is not really promising. USF will be fine if we have Courtney Denson, Matt Grothe, Louis Gachett, Carlton Hill (crossing my fingers) coming in next season. I believe we have some talented WRs in Peyton, Chambers, SJ Green, etc. We just cant utilize them right now because of the QB spot.. Not trying to come down on Pat Julmiste, but he is just not made to be a QB in our passing offense. If one thing came out of this season is that Julmiste is not the future.