I congratulate RMC, then this. RMC: Player Slayer

The Sheriff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I didn't like him after I realized all he wanted from USF was a stepping stone.

If anybody was surprised about this, then you must've been living under a rock when Seth came here, or perhaps not even following USF basketball. It was pretty obvious, and stated as such on message boards at the time. If this is your beef, then be mad at Paul Griffin for hiring him in the first place.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dabull80

• Velcro

• Markeymark

• The Sheriff

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

i couldn't care less if someone uses us as a stepping stone as long as the job they do here is good enough to merrit jumping up to a bigger name school.  Let every coach come in here, improve us, and if they want.. move on... we'd keep getting better and better.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,804
  • Days Won:  213

I think I understand what this thread is really about.

Most of us are smart enough to realize these early wins against the cupcakes are a given. We also realize that this team will get beat quite a bit this year no matter how many of these players are left by seasons end.

So we have a couple of posters who want to plant the seed early (for whatever reason-- mostly about Seth is my guess) that the program is bad shape and it is all Coach Mac's fault for his methods.

When the season ends or as it progresses and we start seeing these expected losses-- the same nay sayers will come in a tell us how correct they were about Coach Mac etc. They will use the teams results to PROVE some other unrelated point that is just part of the normal growing pains of putting in a newer, stricter, better disciplined team. My won't they look so intelligent compared to all us so-called Coach Mac backers.

The reality is that we are backing the coach because it is NORMAL to give a coach some time to put his system in place. We expect some rough waters and if those waters continue to be bumpy-- well sure-- we have to look in another direction. These guys would have you believe that anything they can point to as "odd" is an indicator that the whole situation is in chaos. And this may be true. They don't know any more than we do but choose to never give the coach much of a chance to even implement his system.

The only problem I have with this is having to wade through this tripe for the next 5 or 6 months. Short of a winning season-- nothing will give these folks any satisfaction. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy to say the coach is bad while he is trying to simply build a program. I know we all want to win everything, everytime-- but is it fair to simply bash the crap out of a coach until he has some time under his belt. That was my main concern with Beastie's assertions last year and even before then.

None of this is meant to be a slam on anyones posts here-- just my observation of some of the opinions and methods some posters use to try to influence the lemmings. Good luck with that. However it turns out, as long as we all cheer the Bulls in whatever way we can muster-- at least we are still trying to pull in the same direction.

Nothing would please all of us more to see the Bulls continue to compete strong this year-- even against the teams we (on paper) have no business even being in the same gym with this season.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Very well stated MikeG.  Everyone has this win now mentality.  Coach Mac is trying to build something here.  Something that will have staying power.  That takes time and as long as they conitnue to improve, Coach Mac has my vote.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,503
  • Days Won:  0

Hardley under a rock Markey.  I have followed the Bulls since Chip Conners and I am not the one who said USF could win a national championship that was Greenberg.  Hell, Greenberg was shoping himself even though USF hadn't even made a post season appearance.  Greenberg was the one who said he was going to build a winning tradition at USF and you sure don't do that by winning a few and jumping ship.  Velcro, based on your last comment JL should be coaching at Alabama now.  Sorry, JL is the type of guy I like.  True to his school but smart enough to say look here is market value for my services lets see how we can make this work because I "WANT TO COACH AT USF".

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

Hardley under a rock Markey.  I have followed the Bulls since Chip Conners and I am not the one who said USF could win a national championship that was Greenberg.  Hell, Greenberg was shoping himself even though USF hadn't even made a post season appearance.  Greenberg was the one who said he was going to build a winning tradition at USF and you sure don't do that by winning a few and jumping ship

Oh, come on...if you're going to start throwing Greenberg quotes around, at least be accurate - he said he "wants to be the first team from Conference USA to win a national championship". I don't ever remember him making any guarantees.

The fact is you bought into what he was saying as if it was a Tony Little infomercial without maintaining any perspective or grip on reality. I don't fault Greenberg for that, not in the least.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,503
  • Days Won:  0

Who the hell is Tony Little ?  And no he said he didn't see any reason UFS couldn't win a national title to be more precise so I would say Greenberg lost his grip on reality.  he is basicly saying he can make it happen and you see what happened. NIT one and done.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

I'm with MM on this one... i dont' care what he though was possible... whether it was realistic or not... if you believe it, despite saying its unrealistic, its your fault for buying into it, then feeling disappointed when it doesn't happen.

This is a new era... hopefully it results in a true winning tradition.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

i will take wins against cupcakes

baby steps

dabull- chip connors' years.those were the days