USF v. UCF St. Pete Bowl

USFHoops20

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

Im thinking we're in the pizza bowl vs. Georgia or Kentucky

wouldnt mind that although we might get our butts kicked by georgia or south Carolina or well any team with a powerful OL and strong up the middle runners so maybe Kentucky or a spread offence would be a better match up for us.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

Georgia might give us trouble.

I fully expect us to handle South Carolina or Kentucky

• Content Count:  182

I really doubt the St Pete Bowl wants this matchup, the whole point of hosting a bowl is to stimulate the local economy. They want out of town teams to stay in its hotels, eat at its restaurants, etc..

This matchup would be a nightmare scenario for the St. Pete standpoint. A large percentage of the fans attending this game would merely drive to the game, and then back home.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I really doubt the St Pete Bowl wants this matchup, the whole point of hosting a bowl is to stimulate the local economy. They want out of town teams to stay in its hotels, eat at its restaurants, etc..

This matchup would be a nightmare scenario for the St. Pete standpoint. A large percentage of the fans attending this game would merely drive to the game, and then back home.

My thoughts exactly.

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

The same kentucky that knocked superm uhh I mean tebow out?

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

The same kentucky that knocked superm uhh I mean tebow out?

Don't sleep on Kentucky. They are a good football team and would likely give us all sorts of problems. Probably similar to WVU.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

ESPN created this bowl. they don't care about local hotels. they want fans in the stands so it looks good on tv.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

ESPN created this bowl. they don't care about local hotels. they want fans in the stands so it looks good on tv.

So then why did they not show many crowds shots of USF fans last season? While they would like to have a a sellout game, they still want to stimulate the local economy, which a USF-UCF game would not do.

This game will get their sellout because UCF will bring at least 10 times as many fans as Memphis did and the Big East representative (most likely Rutgers) will sell enough tickets to get to 33,000, or whatever the number is for a sellout. In turn, Rutgers fans will come to this area, spend a fews days in hotels, spend money in restaurants and other establishments. That's the win-win for the bowl game right there.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

So then why did they not show many crowds shots of USF fans last season? While they would like to have a a sellout game, they still want to stimulate the local economy, which a USF-UCF game would not do.

This game will get their sellout because UCF will bring at least 10 times as many fans as Memphis did and the Big East representative (most likely Rutgers) will sell enough tickets to get to 33,000, or whatever the number is for a sellout. In turn, Rutgers fans will come to this area, spend a fews days in hotels, spend money in restaurants and other establishments. That's the win-win for the bowl game right there.

most bowls are partnered with local hotels and chambers of commerce. this one was created by ESPN. of course the BE won't want us going back for a 2nd year in a row but it has nothing to do with stimulating the local economy.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

of course the BE won't want us going back for a 2nd year in a row but it has nothing to do with stimulating the local economy.

Then it also doesn't support your theory of trying to sell the most tickets because ESPN created the Bowl game solely for that reason.

The local hotels, retaurants and chambers of commerce you mention, also help sponsor and support the bowl, have a good deal of say on who they'd like to have down here. That's why the Bowl doesn't want a USF-UCF matchup.

Look at it this way, when the Big East gets the Champs Bowl after next season, do you really think they'd want to have a USF-FSU matchup?

Archived