Great Comment Made by Announcers about Recruiting @ USF...

LawBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

I think the biggest issue is we cant get the kind of size and strength we need here in Florida.  It is just in too short of supply.  So as others have said, especially for tackles/guards we need to expand recruiting.  Most of the BE use the game every other year in Tampa to showcase their program.  Why aren't we able to pull recruits from the northeast?

i heard leavitt say on his radio program this week that he has little to zero interest in recruiting outside of the state.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  46
  • Days Won:  0

We are a fish out of water in the Big East.  Probably like Miami felt when they were in the league.  We don't match up geographically nor do we match up well with the power running, hard nosed teams (uconn, rutgers, pitt).  I wish their was a more southern based conference alternative but there isn't.  We just assume we can just recruit Florida and compete but we can't.  I would think recruiting guys from the Midwest/Northeast would be easy but our roster has 7 players from outside Florida and most of those are from Georgia.  Our recruiting area needs to expand.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think the biggest issue is we cant get the kind of size and strength we need here in Florida.  It is just in too short of supply.  So as others have said, especially for tackles/guards we need to expand recruiting.  Most of the BE use the game every other year in Tampa to showcase their program.  Why aren't we able to pull recruits from the northeast?

i heard leavitt say on his radio program this week that he has little to zero interest in recruiting outside of the state.

That's very alarming.  We need to send Tressey into Ohio and the rest of the midwest/great lakes and bring home some big corn fed boys.  Also we only have 2 OL that bench over 400lbs, that's pretty sad for a BCS program.    

• Content Count:  66,116
  • Days Won:  172

why would leavitt recruit anywhere but florida

all the talent to in is here

IF LEAVITT CANT RECRUIT HERE HOW CAN HE RECRUIT ANYWHERE???

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

USF has the power to recruit a few big names, but do not have the ability to recruit the stars who would have to sit out one or two years. You can convince a player to sit behind an upperclassmen for 2 or 3 years at FSU, Miami, or UF... but you just don't get that luxury here at USF.

We need credibility to really get going in recruiting, in order to take the team to next level, but USF has to achieve this while lacking depth.

So the real question is this: What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

while i agree somewhat, that doesn't explain why we get blown out by a team like rutgers 31-0.  don't tell me RU is a super power like UF.

we may not have the depth, but we lack the heart to even show up to games.  i didn't expect to win this game today, but i would have liked to see some kind of effort.

You are absolutely right.  Good teams should never be blown out by other good teams.  USF should stop their football program completely out of embarrassment. 

Sincerely, 

Clemson  (lost 17-34 to (7-5) South Carolina)

Georgia  (lost 19-45 to (7-5) Tenn)

Oklahoma St (lost 0-27 to (7-5) Oklahoma)

Nebraska (lost 10-31 to (8-4) Texas Tech)

USC (lost 21-55 to (8-3) Stanford)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  23,019
  • Days Won:  109

Part of this is $$$.  We have the lowest recruiting budget in the Big East.  Flights up north aren't as cheap as driving around the State of Florida.

• Content Count:  403

If you think about it... there are a lot of transplants from up north down here.  You can't tell me that some 4 star OL in Ohio doesn't have grandparents in Florida and Florida may be an option to go.  People migrate here, I'm sure athletes would like to come down here to play.

We do need to recruit out of state.. You never know who may say yes.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Part of this is $$$.  We have the lowest recruiting budget in the Big East.  Flights up north aren't as cheap as driving around the State of Florida.

couldn't the reason that we have such low recruiting expenses be that BE teams have to travel to florida to recruit?

I imagine it's more expensive for WVU to recruit when they fly all those florida kids into pittsburgh and then transport them to morgantown.

Leavitt could visit 25+ div 1-a recruits with 1 tank full of gas.

• Content Count:  5,241

There are plenty of big O-lineman in and around Florida. No need to fly up and see some big kid in Iowa if he has no interest in us.

But Coaches have and will recruit outside the state when the feel necessary.

Such as: Carlos Savala (didnt make it on campus but was an olineman)

Jamar Bass

And I see some others that are outside Florida as well on our radar this year.

Don't buy into that "just cuz their from the mid west and 'corn fed' means theyll be good lineman. Thats just stereotypes and faulty logic.

Its development thats a key factor for programs such as UConn and Cincy. A lil more talent and better development from the coaches is key.

• Content Count:  35

the talent issue is pointless unless you have the proper coaching to follow it up.

Stop the presses, somebody actually made sense!

Archived