I don't Care What Anyone Says

usfgrad84

Guest nybullsfan

We won't win against better defenses with this offense.  We need to get all the skill positions involved to keep the defenses from keying on Daniels.  Make him one dimensional and this offense is easy to stop.

Well, there always needs to be better players coming into your program to improve or stay at the top - if that is where you happen to be. However, how can you not be excited about Daniels? Seriously, bad luck Grothe went down, but now he's gotten on field experience. You couldn't ask for a better start for a freshman QB that was basically thrown into the position before it was thought he'd even be playing.

[glow=yellow,2,300]Decent line[/glow], good RB and WR to take the heat off of Daniels and defenses will be wondering who to key on. I know if those things are in place, I'd hate to deal with what could become and incredibly explosive threat week-in and week-out.

what team have you been watching? wasn't usf.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,694
  • Days Won:  10

and defenses will be wondering who to key on

His sentence was meant as a conditional.  Implied "If we had a..."

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The jury is still out on Daniels in my book. Yes. He is exciting and yesm. He is an exciting guy to watch. I'd rather have a methodical QB (or player in any position for that matter) that makes the boring routine play and manages the game well every play than makes a spectacular play once or twice a game. He is still very young and has the chance to develop into a good QB, but I would rate him as a good runner, but either the 6th or 7th best of starters in the BE.

• Content Count:  17,078
  • Days Won:  19

Oh I'll be going to as many games as I can.  Has nothing to do with attitude.  Just not sure where we look for improvement at this point.

Well, BJ is only going to improve, I think we can all agree.  Receivers stay close to the same.  Running backs may lose a little, tight ends about the same.  Special teams improve, defense improves I think.    Overall slight improvement or more depending on coaching adjustments.  But I'm a glass half full kind of guy.   ;D

What makes you think BJ will improve?  The great #8 improved marginally at best :(

• Content Count:  640
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see us being much better than we are this year.  You have basically the same non-dyanmic receivers. A new tight end, the same non playmaking RBs.  I don't see much of a change than what we have seen the last 4 years

Great attitude. Everything *****. We won't ever contend for anything. Let's just give up.

where is he wrong? and where does he say we should give up? all he said are facts. sorry if you can't handle the truth.

The truth has nothing to do with it. What he sees and what I see in this team has more to do with opinion that anything. The most encouraging thing I remember from yesterday were the plays Plancher made with his legs, the fight he showed. He's not an all-american, but how often do you stumble across one of those? Lindsey Lamar might not be making a splash, but he has show flashes of talent. Non-dynamic recievers? We have a budding true freshman stand-out in Sterling Griffin. BJ Daniels is only going to get better. He needs help, but who can deny the raw talent he has shown not only with his legs but with his arm as well.

So when I say "Great attitude,... let's just give up" in a sarcastic way, I'm referencing his inability to take something positive away from a crappy performance. Dude, four years ago, FSU and Miami wouldn't have spit in the direction of Tampa, let alone schedule a five-game series at the end of the season, during rivalry week with us. Are you really willing to say that there is nothing promising with this team in the next few years?

The facts he chooses to present are what I contend.

• Content Count:  17,243
  • Days Won:  46

How about we wait until we see what Daniels does next season being that he wont be a red shirt freshman any more. Also, I hope our running game gets better next season and I am not talking about Daniels running the ball. Also, the offense line was new and I hope the experience helps next season. I am not worried about our WRs as we have Mitchell, Griffin, and Love back. I think we should be better next season with all the red shirts coming off our talented recruiting class next season. And I still say that 2011 will be the year that USF challenges for the BIG EAST title.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Other teams will improve leaps and bounds more than we will.  That has een the problem since we've been in the BE.  3 teams have leapfrogged us already.  Don't be surprised if at least one other follows suit. 

• Content Count:  6,588
  • Days Won:  2

Many on this board said that BJ was better than Matt and that he should have been the starter at beginning of the season.  Now the same people make excuses that he is a redshirt freshman who will get better.  Look at the losses to Pitt, Ritgers, Cincy, and Miami, what were BJ's stats.  Grothe was the Big East Rookie of the year in his RS freshman season.  Where is BJ ?  Certainly not receiving that award.

• Content Count:  17,243
  • Days Won:  46

snarling bull,

You are always going to have some people call for the other QB no matter how well you do. I suspect that we will have those same people call for Carnes to replace Daniels next year if he has a bad game. Daniels is getting the experience for next season, and I hope he gets more consistant.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

All I am saying is that from what we have seen from this team so far, I don't see anyone ready to break out and ready to take this team to the next level. I don't see anyone that looks ready to step up and take some of the burden off Daniels shoulders.

Maybe I am the only one, but I have not been impressed with Lamar at all. He 175 yards for the year.115 of it came in the first 3 games of the year against 1aa competition and a team in their first year at 1a.  He isn't devine and he isn't McCluster. Griffin has what?  12 or 13 receptions?  He also has 4 or 5 drops. is he ready to be the guy?  Is that what we call dynamic?  We have 12 games in the last 21 or 22 games where we have scored 17 points or less on offense. Do you really see such an enormous improvement with virtually the same personnel on the field next year that has been on the field the last 2 years?  Marginal improvement?  Yes. I'm looking for this team to compete for a BE championship. You have to put some points on the board. It hasn't happened in 2 years. Unless some changes are made I see some more of the same.

Archived