One thing we should not see at RJS on Saturday!

T-Man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  236
  • Days Won:  0

At the Louisville game i saw at least 5 other schools' gear being worn, with an absurd amount of LSU fans which I thought was quite odd.  But FSU and UF was in the mix along with GT and some others.  Personally, if you bought a ticket to a USF game and you want to support the Bulls while wearing your teams gear, I'm all for it. 

I know that the vast majority of the people that live in Tampa are transplants or if they're not, they went to more traditional Florida schools.  Until we can build up a massive fan base I think having people in the seats is much more important than who is filling them.  I have friends from that graduated from FSU, UF and Auburn coming with me to Saturday's game, and I'm glad they're interested enough to come.  More so because UF/FSU is in the same time slot.  That is good for USF

This however in no way applies to Rays games

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I don't like people wearing FSU/UF stuff, but at this point, I accept it's going to happen. I really doubt you'll see that many at all, being their game is on at the same time (hopefully they're not that stupid and/or really not lost). The times I saw UF stuff was at the Cincy game and WVU game since they are on days that UF isn't even playing.

One thing I hope I do not see is a UF fan sitting there making the stupid chomp clap motions and brushing off his shoulder. THAT, my friends, is arrogant. I'm still fumed about that pudgy bastard from the section near the SW tunnel doing that during the Cincy game. He's quite lucky he left early, as there was a constituent of very large and drunken men behind me that were very aware of him.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I agree UllStayForever. I think alot of us hate it, but accept it because it does put butts in seats. As long as we win and provide a good game for them...they'll be interested in making some of the local games (esp if their team isn't playing) and they may become a local casual supporter who just enjoys a good game of football. They may even buy some USF gear at some point to blend in better.

It will still take some time, a valid point is that many of the USF grads before 1997 were fans of other colleges growing up because they had nothing here to even support yet. Most of them have ties with the other colleges and friends and habits of going to UF of FSU games and whatnot. As the generations come through USF during its football era, we'll continue to see more support. Esp after joining the Big East, we're slowly going to climb the attendance averages each year (as the graduates become alumni and new students come in).....so long as we keep winning!

• Content Count:  645

I go to Gator games with friends and family from time to time, and when I do I wear orange or blue, or even a gator shirt, to support my friends who I am a "guest" of. 

Next year, at the UF/USF game, I will certainly have my Green and Gold on, but only because we are playing each other. 

I usually try to respect the person I am a guest of, rather than pushing my agenda.

Again, if I see a UF or FSU shirt/cap/etc tomorrow, I am definitely going to call the person on it.

You should probably wait until Saturday.  I doubt there will be any Gator fans there tomorrow.  :)

• Content Count:  58

well guys lets dont get crazy.just trying to help you guys be supporting the bulls but some of these guys are clowns ill ware my gator sat but this is my cuz section so out of respect ill be in bulls stuff.but when you come to the 352 ass whooppppping because this is not the big easy

• Content Count:  7,079
  • Days Won:  11

Well i go to most home games and tomorrow is one of those times that I could not get away from taking the woman.   She is a Fsu  grad and the only T-shirts she has are fsu  I really hope I'll not drinking to much because it might get kinda ugly if someone says anything inappropriate to her.   They don't call me bullnupe for nothing.  Just go and have fun but remember everyone is not sane so watch your comments.

As a courtesy to you, she should purchase (or you should purchase for her) a USF shirt (or she can just wear a green or yellow/gold shirt which she probably has).  If not, then she can borrow one of yours, or put on a white shirt to be neutral.  Bottom line is it can be easily fixed, if you decide to address it.

I'm a pretty easy going person, and doubt I'd comment to a "female" person wearing an FSU/UF shirt, but will comment to guys who seem to be lost attending a USF/UM game with the wrong stuff on.  Plus, I won't use profanity when I do comment on it, just not my style - probably more of a sarcastic remark.

I guess if I see an FSU shirt, something along the lines of "looks like we will be beating up on another of your conference brethren today" or "didn't we take care of you guys in September".  If I see a UF shirt, its gonna be something along the lines of " I thought your team was playing today - why are you here"  or "did you actually graduate from there?"

I think it is just plain wrong to show up at a game with another school's shirt on that isn't even playing.  

couldn't you say that to most miami fans?  ;)

• Content Count:  2,558

you are concerned with what shirt another guy is wearing?  I am concerned if I am going to use a dry seasoning rub or wet marinade on my ribs, priorities, you need them

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  23,019
  • Days Won:  109

We've had Miami grads and Michigan State fans with us at USF games in the past.  They always wear USF gear (or at least something green) in support of me and the bride.  This week our Miami friends are tailgating with other Miami grads and will be sporting their Miami wear.  I'm not disowning them as friends over it.  It is their alma mater.

I wear my Bulls gear (occasionally a Rays shirt) to Yankee preseason games when I go just to be d!ck and I'm not a fan of the Yankees.  Try to wear Bulls clothing whenever I can.

• Content Count:  3,411
  • Days Won:  1

Well i go to most home games and tomorrow is one of those times that I could not get away from taking the woman.  She is a Fsu  grad and the only T-shirts she has are fsu  I really hope I'll not drinking to much because it might get kinda ugly if someone says anything inappropriate to her.  They don't call me bullnupe for nothing.  Just go and have fun but remember everyone is not sane so watch your comments.

Dude by her an early christmas gift, get her a Bulls shirt.  I am pretty sure if you went to an FSU game she throw a FSU shirt on you..

• Content Count:  5,241

you are concerned with what shirt another guy is wearing?  I am concerned if I am going to use a dry seasoning rub or wet marinade on my ribs, priorities, you need them

Well Said

Archived