One thing we should not see at RJS on Saturday!

T-Man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

If you guys were invited to a Non-USF football game, would you not wear USF stuff? I know I would, why not?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,075
  • Days Won:  488

I go to ASU games as a guest and never wear USF stuff.  I just dress in plain clothing.  I guess if I weren't a guest of someone I might wear USF stuff...however, if I'm not going as a guest - I simply am not going.  Never would I go "on my own" to an ASU game.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I go to Gator games with friends and family from time to time, and when I do I wear orange or blue, or even a gator shirt, to support my friends who I am a "guest" of. 

Next year, at the UF/USF game, I will certainly have my Green and Gold on, but only because we are playing each other. 

I usually try to respect the person I am a guest of, rather than pushing my agenda.

Again, if I see a UF or FSU shirt/cap/etc tomorrow, I am definitely going to call the person on it.

• Content Count:  2,363

If you guys were invited to a Non-USF football game, would you not wear USF stuff? I know I would, why not?

Last non-USF game I went to, which was FSU at Wake Forest, I wore a shirt that approximated garnet and a USF hat. I was rooting for the Noles (both because I went with a friend who is an FSU alum and it was good for our SoS) but I made it clear that I am a Bull.

The difference is I was not at that game while there was a Bulls game within reach, or even on TV.

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Well i go to most home games and tomorrow is one of those times that I could not get away from taking the woman.   She is a Fsu  grad and the only T-shirts she has are fsu  I really hope I'll not drinking to much because it might get kinda ugly if someone says anything inappropriate to her.   They don't call me bullnupe for nothing.  Just go and have fun but remember everyone is not sane so watch your comments.

• Content Count:  1,981

I just don't see how can you be seeing as rude wearing your teams shirt when the team is not even on the same building. We've had UCF,OSU and other fans at our tailgate and aside from the 4-0 ribbing(UCiF), nobody was offended. It's just a shirt, a hat. We are all fans, and we all understand football loyalties. Now it would have been diifferent if they were actively rooting for the other team. I guess you gotta know before hand how your friends would feel about it and dress accordingly. I just want 65K at our game, whether a few are dressed in UCiF crap, or in a Pink Flamingo suit.

• Content Count:  66,116
  • Days Won:  172

I thought GatorGator said he was going? Man....I was looking forward to a good laugh too!  ;)

tumblr_kpav7hv5O31qz7d0ro1_400.jpg

looks like jeremy piven

Guest Scherdin

Well i go to most home games and tomorrow is one of those times that I could not get away from taking the woman.   She is a Fsu  grad and the only T-shirts she has are fsu  I really hope I'll not drinking to much because it might get kinda ugly if someone says anything inappropriate to her.   They don't call me bullnupe for nothing.  Just go and have fun but remember everyone is not sane so watch your comments.

I would think your situation is understandable.  I came back for the USF-KU game cause my wife and her sister are grads and they wore their stuff, no one gave us trouble cause I was in my green.  

I'm not sure what the big deal is anyways, I'm sure most of these fans were at one point a UF, FSU or UM fan before we got on the map.  IF they want to support both schools, I'm fine with that.  I went to UF, but finshed at USF, so I root for both.  Next year, I'll support USF against UF because I'm a Bull.  But any other week, I watch and support both.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

As a courtesy to you, she should purchase (or you should purchase for her) a USF shirt (or she can just wear a green or yellow/gold shirt which she probably has).  If not, then she can borrow one of yours, or put on a white shirt to be neutral.  Bottom line is it can be easily fixed, if you decide to address it.

I'm a pretty easy going person, and doubt I'd comment to a "female" person wearing an FSU/UF shirt, but will comment to guys who seem to be lost attending a USF/UM game with the wrong stuff on.  Plus, I won't use profanity when I do comment on it, just not my style - probably more of a sarcastic remark.

I guess if I see an FSU shirt, something along the lines of "looks like we will be beating up on another of your conference brethren today" or "didn't we take care of you guys in September".  If I see a UF shirt, its gonna be something along the lines of " I thought your team was playing today - why are you here"  or "did you actually graduate from there?"

I think it is just plain wrong to show up at a game with another school's shirt on that isn't even playing.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,075
  • Days Won:  488

Wearing another team's shirt is no big deal...we're not in gangs.

I think the issue I read about most is the USF student wearing the UF or FSU or Miami t-shirt for whatever reason.  It doens't make sense, but really, why should it matter?

I get more bothered at games like hoops back 15 20 years ago when we would play the Gators and there would be more Gator fans there in dress, than Bulls fans. 

That's on us.

Archived