• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

he hasnt won a thing

he blows up rather easily

he is not right fit for high profile fish bowl high pressure job

there were no expectations of him on his other jobs

nd will continue to make hiring mistake if they this mope

He has won two  national championships at the DII level. Won the MAC, and on his way to his second straight outright BE title, and third total in a row (shared three years ago I believe). He was a former politician in the making, hnot only has he won everywhere he went, he is the perfect guy for the job.

All that being said I thought I heard Bill Belichick was talking with ND today....

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  17,070
  • Days Won:  19

He would be a fool not to listen.  ND has about 4 million to through at him.

• Content Count:  66,116
  • Days Won:  172

coach at new england or notre dame

'

are you kidding

bilicheck cant recruit

notre dame is job the end's coaching careers

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Rumor has it theyre after bob stoops...i doubt thatll happen.

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

coach at new england or notre dame

'

are you kidding

bilicheck cant recruit

Yeah, you are right. I posted the wrong name, the name I ment to post was Brian Billick, former Ravens coach.

• Content Count:  16,844
  • Days Won:  45

I think ND will shoot for the stars because they always feel that they are the best. They will shoot for Meyer, Stoops, some NFL coaches like Bill Cowher. If those coaches shoot them down then they will ask Kelly.  Right now, I think ND is not liking how the Cincy D is giving up too many points.

I think ND will shoot for the stars because they always feel that they are the best. They will shoot for Meyer, Stoops, some NFL coaches like Bill Cowher. If those coaches shoot them down then they will ask Kelly.  Right now, I think ND is not liking how the Cincy D is giving up too many points.

i am sure those guys will be highest paid  and make like 5 million a year so of course they would take it but it is clear for whatever reason a coach cannot win at ND any longer

i am sure why that is but the past doesnt lie

• Content Count:  1,204

The Griese stuff is ridiculous.  I saw that and it was clear that Kelly was saying Cincy's postseason positioning would be decided in 7-10 days.  Between the Pitt game and the conference title games the Bearcats would find out where they'd end up.  Talk about reading way to much into an innocuous statement and Griese playing it to make it sound scintillating. 

I doubt Kelly will be their first choice to replace Weis.  They will likely go to Stoops, Meyer, and others first. 

I think Kelly is smart enough to avoid Notre Dame.  If he goes somewhere else it will be to a big name program in a big conference.  Think Michigan if they can RichRod after next season.  Or a SEC job that opens up.  Or even FSU if Jimbo doesn't work out.  Or Florida if Urban does get stupid and go to ND.  Kelly might like Notre Dame, but he also probably realizes that it isn't what it once was.  The independent status is actually hurting them nowadays as they really have no annual big name rivalries any more (well, Michigan and that's about it). 

ND would be more attractive in a conference (Big East or Big Ten, take your pick) with slightly loosened academic standards.  They don't have to stoop down to the Ohio State or Floridas of the world but they don't need to be up there with Stanford and Vanderbilt. 

• Content Count:  1,741

Archived