Miami attendance..

Guest Bullieve it

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

I will be there with my family (six seats). We are flying back from Atlanta that morning so that we can attend. To show how excited I am, I am leaving Tech vs Ga tickets with my brother-in-law in Atlanta.

A Bulls & Buzz sweep would make my Saturday......

• Content Count:  329

Students will be there.

You'll also probably see LOTS of your non-typical fans, those who are brought as guests who are visiting tampa for Thanksgiving.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

If max is around 66k seats, I would be happy with 58 - 60k fannies actually in attendance.  I think that is reasonable and possible.  I'd be shocked if there aren't at least 5k no shows.

I think 58K butts in seats would be fantastic. I'd imagine threre are a ton of season ticket holders who have travel plans for this weekend but don't bother to get rid of tickets ....

Really? This game was scheduled last year, if you bought season tix this year, which games were you really looking forward to? WVU, Cincy, and this one. I don't think many season ticket holders will be traveling for this one unless they just can't do anything about it, but I feel guilty when no one is in my seats, so I am guessing that they will try to get someone to go for them.

I see it hurting student turnout, but we should have enough students in Tampa to fill up the north end zone.

I agree with you on student turnout, but they will just sell those tix to whoever shows up, so that shouldn't be an issue.  There will be some walkups for sure.

As for it not impacting others, I think it will.  My brother, for example, is driving back from out of state after visiting with family.  He is trying ot ensure he is back on time, barring any travel related issues on the way home.  If he does not show, that is 8 empty seats right there.

I know other sesaon tix holders who go by the basic premise that if they cannot sell or give the tix to a USF fan, they will not openly sell them in the event it falls into the hands of an opposing fan.  Heck, even when I have extra tix I won't sell them to a visiting fan. 

Thanksgiving is the #1 travel holiday of the year.  Look for spots of open seats in the lower bowl in some of the prime areas.  It is unavoidable, but that is what happens when people have families and lives.  This is just football.

• Content Count:  88

regardless of how many show

it will far surpass miami home 'attendance'

• Content Count:  4,503

I know the student allotment is 12,501 but how does that work ?  If students don't get/buy all the tickets do they go back on sale to the general public ?  When would that happen ?

Archived