Why we may not beat UM

IncrediBULL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  210
  • Days Won:  0

It seemed like on that punt return for touchdown we had a bunch of guys who we normally couldn't justify putting on the field. Let's put some guys with speed on the field for punts otherwise Travis Benjamin is going to leave us in his dust just like that Lousiville guy did.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I agree, we get up for most "home" "big" games.  WVU is a good example.  We also got up for FSU, though they proved to be not very good this year.

Like FSU, UM has had back to back years of top 10 recruiting classes.  but FSU has fallen short in the coaching department.  UM is improving and using the athletes they have.

Talent wise, UM has us beat.  Coaching, hard to say - we'll know this week.

Our coaches tend to get out coached.  Sometimes, like at RU, our players lack motivation.  I put that on the coaching staff too.

I just wish someone could explain how we could barely beat UL at home - as bad as they have been this year - yet we are supposed to beat UM.

Trust me, I hope I am wrong.  I am one of the biggest bulls fans there is (season tix holder since day 1).  But if we were to pull this off, it would have to be a huge upset.  I am not convinced our coaches can get the guys ready for this one. 

It would be the coolest thing if our guys could win out adn end up top 25 and 10 - 3 on the season.  That would be a huge accomplishment.  But the hills they have to climb are huge at this point.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

talent is probably a toss-up in this game,

:ROFLMAO

if we're better prepared.

Are we ever better prepared? Doubt we will be this time. I still think we have a good shot, given that Jacory Harris's throwing arm is injured.

• Content Count:  10,280
  • Days Won:  2

UM has more talent but so did FSU.

Just when I have this program figured out they go out and beat a team they shouldn't.

Though to win this game, the defense is going to have to come out like they did vs FSU.

• Content Count:  1,894

difference between the two teams, Miami has better running backs, you can count them, 4 that are better then everyone of ours. No offesne to our guys they seemingly work hard but they dont compare. They also have a stable of wr's who are going to give our db's fits. Of course we may not beat UM, we may not beat alot of teams. We do have a pretty decent chance of winning this game due to the fact its a Florida vs Florida match up. This will negate alot of the other factors due to the intensity that this game will carry. I almost expect this to be a great game, that doesn't mean usf all of a sudden deserves to be ranked. Its time to be realistic. We have a wayssssss to go before we should expect that. I like our chances in this game. My brother is a die hard miami fan and this game will give either one of us a chance to brag. Im making the trip for sure.

• Content Count:  3,594

Jacory better play!  I don't feel like facing backup QBs anymore!

• Content Count:  7,201

UM has more talent but so did FSU.

Just when I have this program figured out they go out and beat a team they shouldn't.

Though to win this game, the defense is going to have to come out like they did vs FSU.

The difference is that UM hast taken that talent, done a little more, and made it into a top 25 team.  FSU has taken that talent and dropped off the radar.

I agree that UM is beatable.  Just not sure our team can get up for the game.  Maybe I am trying to keep my hopes low so I won't be disappointed if we lose, but surprised if we win.  That is how I felt about FSU too.  But I guess having watched MIami this year in a few games, I just feel they have some great weapons. 

If our defense from the FSU game shows up, we do have a chance.  But we have not seen them much since the FSU game. 

• Content Count:  3,827

These are the games that USF wins.

Louisville is the kind of games that USF has before games like this.

Next week we will go up to UCONN, turn the ball over, play inconsistent offense, and win/lose by 3pts.

Everyone needs to stop being surprised by how USF plays game to game, season to season. It's the same story, repeated.

• Content Count:  1,412

Miami is destroyed with injuries... the team they were in games 1-4 is not the team they are now.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/  look at the injuries report and they have already lost 8 players for season

UM's signature wins this season... FSU and OU...

we could get destroyed, we could destroy, it could rain cats and dogs!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,068
  • Days Won:  488

"Miami will destroy us!"

Archived