can we finish the season over .500 (x3) ?

Guest nybullsfan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Beating them gives us a 4-3 conference record, matching our best ever; and depending on some other teams, we can still finish 3rd in the Big East (not to forget a chance at the 10-win season).  I know that seems like grasping for straws/looking at the silver lining, but I think that accomplishing that really gives us a boost considering the mid-season meltdown.

I'm not saying your wrong or anything, but I think it's pretty sad that we've set our expectations to this.. I only say that because I, too, feel like that's really the only thing we're playing for nowadays:  a 3rd place finish.

Jesus christ, no one is asking for a national championship and winning an SEC title and an undefeated conference record-- we just want to compete for a title and want meaningful conference games at the end of the season.  I don't think that's too much to ask.

What should our expectations be for the balance of the season when there are already 3 losses on the record?

Unlike your video games, real life doesn't allow you to just restart the season.

• Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

What should our expectations be for the balance of the season when there are already 3 losses on the record?

Unlike your video games, real life doesn't allow you to just restart the season.

HUH?  i said i didn't disagree with outrunner-- if you're trying to pick a fight, you're not gonna find one here..  i was just saying that it's pretty sad that, year-after-year, our expectations and hopes for this program have dwindled down to mid-conference mediocrity.  no video game interpretation there, buddy.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

HUH?  i said i didn't disagree with outrunner-- if you're trying to pick a fight, you're not gonna find one here..  i was just saying that it's pretty sad that, year-after-year, our expectations and hopes for this program have dwindled down to mid-conference mediocrity.  no video game interpretation there, buddy.

Given that the discussion was about the 3 games coming up, your comments about yearly expectations is irrelevant or the same repetitive crap.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

If you took my post as meaning I'm fine with finishing 3rd at 4-3, then let me be clear, I'm not happy with that result, but when we have already mounted losses like we have, and the conference title is out of reach, I want the best finish possible in conference

• Content Count:  667

If you took my post as meaning I'm fine with finishing 3rd at 4-3, then let me be clear, I'm not happy with that result, but when we have already mounted losses like we have, and the conference title is out of reach, I want the best finish possible in conference

not saying you are fine with it and i wasn't disagreeing with you (i think i even said so).  I want the best possible finish as well.. too bad its only 4-3.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,068
  • Days Won:  488

He just couldn't find the right way to work in his dig...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,712
  • Days Won:  436

He just couldn't find the right way to work in his dig...

You'd think by now he'd have that down pat .... must be a slow learner.

• Content Count:  1,400

what was bullsboltsraysbucsrowdiestuskers... trying to say again?

• Content Count:  1,400

and to answer the original point of this thread I hope so iw would be great to be able to say at the end of the year that we beat both FSU and Miami and go over .500 in the other 2

Archived