Matt Grothe will wear Keeley Dorsey's No. 10 jersey this week

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

Per USF Postgame notes:

This season USF will honor former player Keeley Dorsey by wearing his No. 10  jersey … This afternoon, senior QB Matt Grothe donned the jersey … Dorsey passed away after a team conditioning workout on Jan. 17, 2007 … This season would have been his senior year.

I suppose he wore it for the coin flip and removed it upon going up to the booth.

That's correct.  I saw him walking on the field with the other captains, and then he was in the booth without the jersey on.  Is there a rule maybe about wearing a jersey in the coaching booth?

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

To be honest, I don't think many noticed Matt on the field.  They had a lot going on with the homecoming celebration - paratroopers jumped in, some other stuff.  I am sure the fans that noticed cheered, but there wasn't any great applause.  Next week, when he is announced for senior day, I think that will be a different story.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Per USF Postgame notes:

This season USF will honor former player Keeley Dorsey by wearing his No. 10  jersey … This afternoon, senior QB Matt Grothe donned the jersey … Dorsey passed away after a team conditioning workout on Jan. 17, 2007 … This season would have been his senior year.

I suppose he wore it for the coin flip and removed it upon going up to the booth.

That's correct.  I saw him walking on the field with the other captains, and then he was in the booth without the jersey on.  Is there a rule maybe about wearing a jersey in the coaching booth?

He was in the booth?  Dang, I am in the 200s on the USF sideline and there is a coach always working with the offense guys that looks just like Matt.  I thought I saw him two or three times on the sideline.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

He's been in the booth since he was injured.

Archived