S Florida vs S Carolina preview and game thread

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Listening to Stan on the post game he is sounding very conservative. Stan is saying that the Bulls didn't slow down enough......what????

Let me say this, Crater is a guy that has to play fast because he will struggle in the half court because he's not a shooter. If we don't speed up then we won't get the best from guys like Crater, Jones, Mercer, and Famous.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,042
  • Days Won:  0

Wasn't USC a bubble team last year?

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

UNCW will play the same way USC plays. I can guarantee that every team we play left on the schedule will come at us the USC did. Like I said earlier I'm not picking USF against UNCW because of the style of play.

But every team we play won't have the athletes USC has ...

True but they will play to win and that is the best way to play the Bulls at least until we get another guy or two going.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

Listening to Stan on the post game he is sounding very conservative. Stan is saying that the Bulls didn't slow down enough......what????

We didn't have the horses to win in a shootout with them ... Sounds like what Stan said made perfect sense.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

LunchTime,

kinda, but not really. They won 20, but it was a very weak schedule.

That being said they return most their core guys.

They're a solid NIT team

• Content Count:  1,261

Noriega hits a three to make it appear closer than it is. 63-58.

Have you followed this game at all?

What stick is up your ***? I was at work, so its been tough. But I do know we were up and we should have won if not for terrible FT%.

I simply mean the 3 to bring us within 5 is too little too late considering the time left.

No stick, just helping where help is needed.  Your comment was just unnecessary and misplaced.   It was clear that it was an uninformed comment.

I'm not sure what your purpose is in pursuing this (as is the case with most of your disputes). Noriega hit a 3 with :50 left to make it 63-58 and poss. arrow SCAR. You cannot tell me with the dichotomy in each teams respective free throw pctg that a USF win was probable at that juncture.

Nor was it a game in which the Bulls were "out of it" and that shot made it look "closer than it was" - which was your original comment.   I think the largest USC lead was 7, so it was never a case of needing the game to look closer than it was.  The Bulls were in it and clearly could have won this game had some FTs AFTER THAT THREE dropped through the basket. 

Alright, Brad. You keep continuing to misrepresent "closer than it was" and falsely attach "out of it" to support in your crusade to villify me. Ima go smoke a bowl.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

What stick is up your ***? I was at work, so its been tough. But I do know we were up and we should have won if not for terrible FT%.

I simply mean the 3 to bring us within 5 is too little too late considering the time left.

No stick, just helping where help is needed.  Your comment was just unnecessary and misplaced.   It was clear that it was an uninformed comment.

I'm not sure what your purpose is in pursuing this (as is the case with most of your disputes). Noriega hit a 3 with :50 left to make it 63-58 and poss. arrow SCAR. You cannot tell me with the dichotomy in each teams respective free throw pctg that a USF win was probable at that juncture.

Nor was it a game in which the Bulls were "out of it" and that shot made it look "closer than it was" - which was your original comment.   I think the largest USC lead was 7, so it was never a case of needing the game to look closer than it was.  The Bulls were in it and clearly could have won this game had some FTs AFTER THAT THREE dropped through the basket. 

Ima go smoke a bowl.

Why am I not surprised?

We didn't have the horses to win in a shootout with them ... Sounds like what Stan said made perfect sense.

Agreed. Refreshing to hear candid evaluation of gameplan by a coach. Respect to Stan Heath.

Ima go smoke a bowl.

Why am I not surprised?

And with good reason. There is no such thing as responsible drug use, as you might've been taught at church.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

Alright, Brad. You keep continuing to misrepresent "closer than it was"

Dude, you misused that phrase which started the whole thing ..... The use that phrase indicates that USC was blowing USF out the whole game until the end when the Bulls made some baskets to make it look respectable.

Archived