only 6 Seniors in our top 44

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

What's USC's non-excuse for losing to Stanford 2 out of 3 years, and this year by 34?

Sanjay, if you’re going to use sarcasm with smazza, it should at least be defendable.  When USF wins a couple of NCs, has 3 Heisman winners in seven years, is ranked in the top 5 seven consecutive years, wins their conference seven years in a row, etc, then excuses will probably go over without much ado (I know that much because my sister and two cousins point it out regularly, sorry). When you've never sniffed a BCS bowl, never ended a season in the top 25, never sniffed a conference championship, and you're part of a never-ending groundhog day replay, then excuses are like eating plain oatmeal for every meal.......tiresome and unflavorful.

I mean come on guys, we've got UCiF numbers against Rutgers and Cincy and you guys want to excuse it due to our lack of seniors? "If only we had more seniors!"  Even UCiF only got blown out by us once.  We've been beaten like a rented mule two years in a row by the scarlet rump rangers and twice in the last three games we’ve been the BE punching bag.  My angst is not with the team losing, it’s with it not being competitive in conference play against the same group of teams.  It's with a national  embarassment on ESPN.  It’s with the fact we only have two quality wins this year (FSU & WVU).

I tire of the excuses after three years of this conference meltdown nonsense. Only positive results can cure the ills.  Funny how I didn't here Brian Kelly talking about his brand new defense, 10 new starters, and a new DC and to not expect them to do well.  He reloaded and made do with what he had - no excuses - just results.  Do we now have to have 22 starting seniors in order to expect a competitive team in BE play? What percentage of seniors in the two-deep is the right mix?  Do we only play seniors to give ourselves a better shot of winning (sheesh)? Curious minds want to know.

I never made an excuse for the bulls.  I asked why usc got blown out by 34.  They have had top 5 recruiting classes forever and have now lost 2 of 3 to stanford.  Whether the Bulls go 13-0 or 0-11, I get to ask the local usc homer, who likes to compare the bulls to the trojans, why their performance sucked.  Guess what?  He came back, like a grown up (surprising to me) and gave an answer.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Bottom Line:

This season has been disappointing.

You left one word out:  Again.

• Content Count:  1,038

Not sure what Leavitt is talking about there at least 10 seniors in our top 44 and some of them will be significant losses (Selvie, Willson, Allen, Hester, and Murphy).

Depth Chart:

http://issuu.com/usfathletics/docs/2009_usf_football_guide

• Content Count:  4,879

Not sure what Leavitt is talking about there at least 10 seniors in our top 44 and some of them will be significant losses (Selvie, Willson, Allen, Hester, and Murphy).

Depth Chart:

http://issuu.com/usfathletics/docs/2009_usf_football_guide

point well taken, but losses on offense are minimal.  If  JPP stays, d-line should be fine (maybe better).  My concern would be linebacker.  What is the plan there, and who tries to fill Nate's shoes?

I can take it, I'm a man, I'm 47...

I don't know, you seemed to get pretty upset over the "personal ATTACK" of being lumped into a group called the "ne'er-do-wells".

:ROFLMAO

I've been shocked by some of the responses on this board before, but never as befuddled as much as this.  Ne'er do well ellicites this type of response?  Ne'er do well??  Really???  Maybe I should share some of my Preperation H while I drink the beer. 

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know, you seemed to get pretty upset over the "personal ATTACK" of being lumped into a group called the "ne'er-do-wells".

I've been shocked by some of the responses on this board before, but never as befuddled as much as this.  Ne'er do well ellicites this type of response?  Ne'er do well??  Really???  Maybe I should share some of my Preperation H while I drink the beer. 

You know where you can stuff your Preperation H SRQ  ;)  No counter-analysis or counter-opinion - just name calling.  Good stuff smart guy.  And just how much do you contribute to our University each year that alllows you the lofty position to determine who exactly are the ne'er do well fans?  Frankly, you offered zero to the discussion - ZERO, except for a drive-by tourette type shout out to the usual crowd that will support the coaches (except Canales) to the bloody end.  You're precious!!

You are funny.  You call me  an infant then you whine like a ***** when someone calls you a ne'er do well?

I never called our guys talentless.  I was replying to a comment someone made about us losing to lesser teams.  I don't see how you can look back on the last few years, compare us to Rutgers and say we had more alent than they did.  Any of our RBs were more talente than Brian Leonard or Ray Rice?????  With the exception of maybe Jessie Hester, I don't see hwere any of our receivers have been as good as Underwood, Britt or Tim Brown.  Clark Harris is in the NFL, our TEs have been marginal at best (and I was a very good friend of one of the recent starting TEs).  Offensive line?  Any of our OL was more talented than Stapleton, Sosa, Zuttah, Davis?  Please... At QB it's a tossup.  Both Grothe and Teel are winners.  Different types of QBs.  Teel is in the NFL, but I wouldn't trade him for Grothe.  I'd take Jenkins over either McCourty.  I'd take both McCourtys over Trae talent wise.  LBs are probably a toss up.  The edge maybe to us.  I'd certainly take McCourty over ay of the DBs we have right now

When I look back on those teams from the last couple of years I see that we were talented in a couple or positions, but I see Rutgers more talented than us in most positions.  Expecially on offense.  Yes, coaching during the games played into losing, but I think we were beaten by a better team.

Not so fast usfgrad84, look at my quote below where I didn't, in fact, call you an infant:

I feel like I'm talking to an infant....

which is really similar to your:

you whine like a *****

except for the fact that my quote was a reference about my feelings and your's was directed right at me. Don't be so sensitive  :D

I'm glad someone got the humor in that response.  I thought I made it as clear as the blood trickling down Leavitts face.  :D

SRQ  ;)   You're precious!!

Thanks!

Archived