only 6 Seniors in our top 44

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I think you have to go back and take a look if we were truly more talented than those teams or did we all just think we were.

2 years ago UCONN was co-conference champs so they beat more than just us. Rutgers has finished ranked higher than we have, they have won 13 out of their last 15 games (or something like that). They have also put about 12 guys into the NFL in the last 2 years while we have Jenkins and Tmac. I would say in retrospect they have been far more talented than we are.

Perhaps we just played over our heads in the marquee games. It is extremely hard to play at that level consistently when you aren't that good.

In your neverending quest to prop up failures in coaching you guys continue to demean the talent of the players.  Please stop it already.  We have just as talented of players as the majority of teams that have beat the snot out of us over the past three years.  QUIT DEMEANING THE PLAYERS!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Not demeaning the plauers in anyway and if we are outcoached I'm the first complain about it. I just don't see how can say we were as talented as a team that had 10 NFL players on it. If we are as talented as those teams then the failure is on the coaching staff for sure. Just show me where and how you are saying we are talented as those past Rutgers teams cause I don't see it.

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Not demeaning the plauers in anyway and if we are outcoached I'm the first complain about it. I just don't see how can say we were as talented as a team that had 10 NFL players on it. If we are as talented as those teams then the failure is on the coaching staff for sure. Just show me where and how you are saying we are talented as those past Rutgers teams cause I don't see it.

you'll just confuse the ne'er-do-wells with facts like these.  CJL has had our inferior teams play over their heads on several occasions and it is now an expectation.  every year the recruits have gotten noticably bigger, faster, better.  2011/2012 should be excellent years contending for BE title.

Not demeaning the players in anyway and if we are outcoached I'm the first complain about it. I just don't see how can say we were as talented as a team that had 10 NFL players on it. If we are as talented as those teams then the failure is on the coaching staff for sure. Just show me where and how you are saying we are talented as those past Rutgers teams cause I don't see it.

Where do NFL players come from?  Are they just excreted out of any HS program and then via college via some baseless and arbitrary system?  No, they are recruited, they are trained, and they are developed.  When their teams are successful enough, they are drafted and hopefully make the squad they are drafted to.  Some don't, and likewise some get on squads when they haven't been drafted.  Team success plays a lot into who gets drafted and who doesn't, go figure! I feel like I'm talking to an infant.........but I'll be damned if you didn't ask for it. 

Our groups of players over the past four and five years have not been rated as well as Pitt or WVU.  We have been rated on par, higher, to much higher than Cincy, UConn, Louisville, and Syracuse across those years.  Rutgers may be close to our rating but might also be slightly higher but that shouldn't matter.  Every other team in this league, even Syracuse, is playing each other tough and close no matter the venue (home or away).  There may be one anomaly, Rutgers against Cincy to start the season but not in the meat of conference play.  We are doing face plants against the same foes that have beat us in consecutive years home or away but our road record is especially rancid. 

Bottom line, champ, is if you want to claim we have talentless hacks then so be it, my contention is that we have the talent to win the BE championship, we had it this year (although tougher with a RFr QB - don't say anything to Cincy or Rutgers about that - they'll laugh in your face), we had it last year as well, and Leavitt and our season prospectus claimed that we were going after it.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

but we really need to re-group...and CRUSH these redbirds

I am still pissed that they ruined Senior Night 2 years ago.  they better not pull that crap this year.

then we all know the HUGE game with Miami the following week.

???

We have never lost to UL at Home. And, we have never won at UL. The home team has owned the home field advantage in this series.

im not saying they beat us.  i am saying that they came out of the tunnel and ran RIGHT THRU all the seniors and their parents as they stood at mid-field.

complete lack of class and im sure leavitt remembers that

you'll just confuse the ne'er-do-wells with facts like these.  CJL has had our inferior teams play over their heads on several occasions and it is now an expectation.  every year the recruits have gotten noticably bigger, faster, better.  2011/2012 should be excellent years contending for BE title.

SRQ, you don't know me so I'll give you time to retract you personal attack against me.  I welcome one and all to come see me sometime since I am in Lot 6D for every home game - I fly a Bulls flag with a Jolly Roger beneath it and I always have extra beer and food for friend or foe.  I float my opinions out there as a true Bulls fan, a donor, and a lifetime alumni member.  I recommend that you refrain from personal attacks and demeaning kindergarten name calling and discuss like a grown up on why saying "we don't have the talent to compete in the Big East" is not a slight against the players.  I can take it, I'm a man, I'm 47 and so can the players if that's the soapbox you're willing to mount.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,076
  • Days Won:  488

I can take it, I'm a man, I'm 47...

I don't know, you seemed to get pretty upset over the "personal ATTACK" of being lumped into a group called the "ne'er-do-wells".

:ROFLMAO

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  23,019
  • Days Won:  109

Not demeaning the players in anyway and if we are outcoached I'm the first complain about it. I just don't see how can say we were as talented as a team that had 10 NFL players on it. If we are as talented as those teams then the failure is on the coaching staff for sure. Just show me where and how you are saying we are talented as those past Rutgers teams cause I don't see it.

Where do NFL players come from?  Are they just excreted out of any HS program and then via college via some baseless and arbitrary system?  No, they are recruited, they are trained, and they are developed.  When their teams are successful enough, they are drafted and hopefully make the squad they are drafted to.  Some don't, and likewise some get on squads when they haven't been drafted.  Team success plays a lot into who gets drafted and who doesn't, go figure! I feel like I'm talking to an infant.........but I'll be damned if you didn't ask for it. 

Our groups of players over the past four and five years have not been rated as well as Pitt or WVU.  We have been rated on par, higher, to much higher than Cincy, UConn, Louisville, and Syracuse across those years.  Rutgers may be close to our rating but might also be slightly higher but that shouldn't matter.  Every other team in this league, even Syracuse, is playing each other tough and close no matter the venue (home or away).  There may be one anomaly, Rutgers against Cincy to start the season but not in the meat of conference play.  We are doing face plants against the same foes that have beat us in consecutive years home or away but our road record is especially rancid. 

Bottom line, champ, is if you want to claim we have talentless hacks then so be it, my contention is that we have the talent to win the BE championship, we had it this year (although tougher with a RFr QB - don't say anything to Cincy or Rutgers about that - they'll laugh in your face), we had it last year as well, and Leavitt and our season prospectus claimed that we were going after it.

So how does that explain guys from Hofstra and Bumf&ck U getting in the NFL?  Hofstra isn't a perennial collegiate powerhouse.  I've said this before, the guys that scout for the NFL can spot NFL talent no matter where it is.  We obviously haven't had much in the way of NFL talent on the roster.  Just don't see how you can argue that point.  Talent is one thing, coaching them up is another.  But I'm sure the NFL scouts wouldn't pass up a kid from USF if he had the talent but wasn't "coached up".

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,712
  • Days Won:  436

I recommend that you refrain from personal attacks and demeaning kindergarten name calling

"Ne'er-do-wells" is kindergarten name calling?? You must have gone to one of those uppity New York pre-schools ...

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

You are funny.  You call me  an infant then you whine like a ***** when someone calls you a ne'er do well?

I never called our guys talentless.  I was replying to a comment someone made about us losing to lesser teams.  I don't see how you can look back on the last few years, compare us to Rutgers and say we had more alent than they did.  Any of our RBs were more talente than Brian Leonard or Ray Rice?????  With the exception of maybe Jessie Hester, I don't see hwere any of our receivers have been as good as Underwood, Britt or Tim Brown.  Clark Harris is in the NFL, our TEs have been marginal at best (and I was a very good friend of one of the recent starting TEs).  Offensive line?  Any of our OL was more talented than Stapleton, Sosa, Zuttah, Davis?  Please... At QB it's a tossup.  Both Grothe and Teel are winners.  Different types of QBs.  Teel is in the NFL, but I wouldn't trade him for Grothe.  I'd take Jenkins over either McCourty.  I'd take both McCourtys over Trae talent wise.  LBs are probably a toss up.  The edge maybe to us.  I'd certainly take McCourty over ay of the DBs we have right now

When I look back on those teams from the last couple of years I see that we were talented in a couple or positions, but I see Rutgers more talented than us in most positions.  Expecially on offense.  Yes, coaching during the games played into losing, but I think we were beaten by a better team.

Archived