USF @ U Conn at 8pm on ESPN2

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  0

All this time I thought it was the Big East that was responsible for scheduling..

:Duh

The time slots are done by TV / Big East but I thought the schools had some control over the actual schedule as far as when in the season they play another school.

For example USF could negotiate to get Syracuse during the winter and play certain teams earlier.

I could be wrong but I don't think we have any say over when we get to play certain conference opponents during the season. The only time I think we might have a say (again, I could be wrong) would be if we were presented a Miami/FSU situation where they want us to open the season against a conference opponent. 

Do you think we would have opted to play at WVU in December last season?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

You should feel horrible.  Afterall, you worked so hard for that win.  Through the spring and fall...scrimmages, two-a-days, weight room, film room, wow!

This argument you have switched to is getting pretty weak. Are you telling me you shouldnt get excited after a big win? Or you cant feel a sense of accomplishment after your team wins it all? Thats ********.

By declaring yourself a fan of USF football, you are giving your support for the team, win or lose. The team is playing like crap, and while they are being embaressed on the field fans are being embaressed for suppporting them. That is sports.

I think this may be kind of the perfect explanation of the difference in the two major fan factions in here. I only feel a sense of accomplishment when I  achieve something ... Like wise, I only feel embarassed by something I  screw up. Obviously, there is a large faction on here that think they are one with the team itself and feel when the team looks bad, THEY look bad and then get pissed about it .... Maybe our glare patch psychiatrist can do reading on THAT.  ;)

Well than there is no reason for 99.99% of the population to root for sports teams, because thats how many dont play the game. If it is only the team that is supposed to impact, then being a fan is pointless.

If you dont have any feelings or emotions, then aren't you just observing a game? Why affiliate with USF, or the Bucs, or the Bolts at all?

Do you have a reading impediment? Where did I say that I didn't have any emotions about the teams I'm a fan of? My point was I don't live vicariously through them like some must do on here to get so bent out of shape ...

I dont live vicariously through them. But I do encounter an emotion called joy, or happiness after a victory, which often is associated with accomplishment.

I think that, you, me, and Bulliever are on the same side of the fence here for the most part. We just differ on the level of attatchment that is... exceptable(?) and how those emotions are displayed.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

it is going to be REALLY cold.

i still think we have a shot to pull it off.

Same as last year's WVU game. We were very close to winning that game.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

chances are the florida/alabama game will be on espn or abc during that time, so no one will be watching anyways LOL

SEC Championship is scheduled for 4pm.

All this time I thought it was the Big East that was responsible for scheduling..

:Duh

The time slots are done by TV / Big East but I thought the schools had some control over the actual schedule as far as when in the season they play another school.

For example USF could negotiate to get Syracuse during the winter and play certain teams earlier.

Nope.  As I understand it, there are two things that USF can control:

1) Playing on a day other than Saturday.  If ESPN wants USF, they ask the Big East and USF has to agree.

2) Contracted dates for non-conference games.  OOC games are set in advance... so, for example, there won't be any Big East conference games on Thanksgiving weekend in 2010-2013.

Saturday kickoff times for Big East games are at the control of the conference...

• Content Count:  66,116
  • Days Won:  172

From Facebook:

USF Athletics -- USF & UConn gametime set for 8 p.m. on ESPN2. Deja Vu of 2008 regular season finale... lets CHANGE the result though: http://bit.ly/25NRP7

it will be same result

• Content Count:  1,016
  • Days Won:  0

it is going to be REALLY cold.

i still think we have a shot to pull it off.

Same as last year's WVU game. We were very close to winning that game.

I was thinking the same thing.  However, we also seem to have WVU's number. 

Beating UCONN in the freezing cold in their last home game will be a tall order. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

if we have to play uconn at 8pm in december, next year they should have to play us at noon in august. it's only fair.

As a fan I would not want to sit in either.

Archived