I predict our coaching will be brilliant this week!

Bulls Are We

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

That is it, you never know.  USF sometimes does not show up.   Not prepared not whatever it just happens.   

It isn't just USF.  Almost every team has the same issue, just that no one here looks at what other teams are doing. 

Pitt losing to NC State

Ohio State losing to Purdue

Houston losing to UCF (I just threw up in my mouth a little)

The list goes on and on.  We are not the exception, we are the rule.  These are young guys that have other things to focus on than football.  They do have to go to class once in a while.  To expect them all to be at the top of their game every week is rather unrealistic.

People notice other teams, but who gives a crap about other teams.

Pitt only has one loss....I don't think anyone would be complaining with one close loss.  OSU is on the verge of winning their conference....again, I don't think anyone would be complaining. 

We are the exception when it comes to hitting mid-season and absolutely collapsing as a team.  There's a reason why the sports commentators, radio personalities, and newspaper writers continuously mention it. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I also predict that our coaching will appear to be brilliant this week... we are playing Louisville, they barley beat Syracuse 9-6 last week.

Lets see if they can really shine against Miami and UConn...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,060
  • Days Won:  488

That is it, you never know.  USF sometimes does not show up.   Not prepared not whatever it just happens.   

It isn't just USF.  Almost every team has the same issue, just that no one here looks at what other teams are doing. 

Pitt losing to NC State

Ohio State losing to Purdue

Houston losing to UCF (I just threw up in my mouth a little)

The list goes on and on.  We are not the exception, we are the rule.  These are young guys that have other things to focus on than football.  They do have to go to class once in a while.  To expect them all to be at the top of their game every week is rather unrealistic.

People notice other teams, but who gives a crap about other teams.

We are the exception when it comes to hitting mid-season and absolutely collapsing as a team.  There's a reason why the sports commentators, radio personalities, and newspaper writers continuously mention it.   

We're not the exception when hitting mid-season as many teams begin to struggle when they have to play in conference. 

The reason sports commentators, et al, comment about us is because we burst onto the scene in 2007 with some shocking upsets and a #2 ranking.  We've not only been unable to top that, but we have had trouble in conference ever since.

You're right nobody cares about Baylor or UCiF or other teams that struggle in football - there is no reason too.  They've accomplished nothing in recent times.

• Content Count:  4,503

usf should kill ul

but who among us will ut their hard earned money on table

I will not "ut" my money on any team on any table.

• Content Count:  4,503

Maybe we need to build a team that is more in tune with the BE sorta like the Jags did in the NFL.  I wonder if a Rutgars game we don't add a bunch of run plays with say Kelly in the backfield as a lead blocker.  Change it up to a more old style knock em in the mouth.  Just an additional game planning peice so instead of just watching what they do lets get agressive and put different looks out there.

• Content Count:  46

We haven't accomplished anything either (ala Baylor and UCF).  We have beaten some ranked teams (though every win the other team claims they were overlooking us - ala FSU this year) but have yet to finish a season ranked or higher than 4th in the weakest BCS conference.  We didn't even win CDOA when we were there.  Southern Miss has beaten quite a few ranked teams in their history.  Until we win a conference or finished ranked, we've accomplished as much (or little) as they have.

We haven't accomplished anything either (ala Baylor and UCF).  We have beaten some ranked teams (though every win the other team claims they were overlooking us - ala FSU this year) but have yet to finish a season ranked or higher than 4th in the weakest BCS conference.  We didn't even win CDOA when we were there.  Southern Miss has beaten quite a few ranked teams in their history.  Until we win a conference or finished ranked, we've accomplished as much (or little) as they have.

You're missing the point.  There's a reason the expectations are different for us - in our eyes and some others' (the media) - and that is that we burst on to the scene in 2007 - way too early, but it set up expectations.

Most of us are well aware of our records and standings.  Most are also aware that the program has been moving forward faster than any in history (as pointed our over the years and in recent media reports) and at this point in time the going has gotten tougher.  If you only look for disappointment you will find it.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Maybe we need to build a team that is more in tune with the BE sorta like the Jags did in the NFL.  I wonder if a Rutgars game we don't add a bunch of run plays with say Kelly in the backfield as a lead blocker.  Change it up to a more old style knock em in the mouth.  Just an additional game planning peice so instead of just watching what they do lets get agressive and put different looks out there.

+1

schiano's game plan would be shredded if we came out and did the unexpected. of course we've done the same thing for 4 years so he knows how to stop it. blitz and contain QB. no sense in us attacking their small d- line with a power run game.

Could you imagine Kelly leading Ford on the edge? What corner or linebacker for that matter would want to take a hit from those guys. any time Ford bounces one to the outside it seems to go for a pretty good gain.

• Content Count:  46

Agree with you Bulliever.  Maybe we did get experience meteoric success too early and now expectations are set way too high.  I just wish we showed the same fire for conference games that we do for big OOC games.

Agree with you Bulliever.  Maybe we did get experience meteoric success too early and now expectations are set way too high.  I just wish we showed the same fire for conference games that we do for big OOC games.

It's unacceptable and I believe it is a result of immaturity and a lack of focus.  My speculation is that we can get up for the big non-cons and the upset specials.  At one point it was the upsets that built our brand.  We've now outgrown that to an extent and are building the brand with games versus instate established programs.  We need to focus on that still, but seriously ramp up our conference performances because in the end, that will drag us down as we have seen each year of the last three.  We need to play consistently good football.

Archived