I think that 4,193 is a pretty good number considering..

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

student section is WAY too small. me and dozens of other students that i saw were turned away and told to find other seats

I don't know that it's too small but the setup is just plain dumb. splitting up the student section, one on the side and one behind the basket, is as stupid as it gets. the student section needs to either be behind both baskets or completely on one side.  also, the current setup wouldn't be bad if the side student section wasn't cutoff from the behind the basket section. When you're behind the basket you feel out on an island because it's so far from the side section.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we tried sitting in each of the 3 student sections, c, d, and h, and got turned away by each due to capacity. i got there late though so its on me.

i also agree about the division - doesnt make sense.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,781
  • Days Won:  6

A simple (though not perfect) solution would be to just switch sections H and P.  At least you would not have E dividing the students.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,711
  • Days Won:  436

we tried sitting in each of the 3 student sections, c, d, and h, and got turned away by each due to capacity. i got there late though so its on me.

Not real sure what you're talking about because H1 wasn't full and neither was G2/H2 .... and there is absolutely no problem at with the division if there are enough students to fill both of them. Both sectons feed off each other, with the opponents bench in between.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Not real sure what you're talking about because H1 wasn't full and neither was G2/H2 .... and there is absolutely no problem at with the division if there are enough students to fill both of them. Both sectons feed off each other, with the opponents bench in between.

thats all fine and dandy when the sections are filled to capacity, but when there are 10 students behind the basketball it defeats the purpose. the side section does not feed off the other.

• Content Count:  2,450
  • Days Won:  3

EVERYBODY but 1 student were sitting in the student section behind the hoop next to the band. This looks awful on T.V. when teams take free throws. All of you that like to stand go to the section behind the hoop and stand and yell there. Tradition doesn't magically appears, tradition is made with dedication, especially from students.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,711
  • Days Won:  436

thats all fine and dandy when the sections are filled to capacity, but when there are 10 students behind the basketball it defeats the purpose. the side section does not feed off the other.

True ... but if there aren't enough students to fill both those sections, it doesn't matter where the sections are anyway.

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

EVERYBODY but 1 student were sitting in the student section behind the hoop next to the band. This looks awful on T.V. when teams take free throws. All of you that like to stand go to the section behind the hoop and stand and yell there. Tradition doesn't magically appears, tradition is made with dedication, especially from students.

My roommate and I were thinking of standing in the section next to the band next game just to try and get that section more into things.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I used to switch between behind the baskets and the midsection. I wish that we just had one big section, not split...Could you imagine football being split?

• Content Count:  1,038
  • Days Won:  0

In previous years I've been turned away multiple times by the ushers who didn't want to me to sit behind the hoop because they said they wanted us to sit in the upper level to help fill it in. I don't understand this we should have every seat full in the lower level filled first. There is almost always enough students to fill the section behind the hoop (and all of the lower student section for that matter). ATHLETICS I HOPE YOU ARE LISTENING!! Fill the area where the band sits if the band is not there it looks effin embarrassing on TV and it takes away from our atmosphere!

Archived